Robbie Williams 'would buy drugs for his daughter'

Comments

• gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    I have thought his thinking after his drugs problems was extremely damaged. He thinks he is being protective towards the child but why start thinking about it this early. He should be doing his best to shield his child from all the dangers of drugs, being there with her while she is taking them and buying them, then gives him the excuses he needs to keep on with his habits.

He hasn't escaped entirely free from his admitted drug taking days, one wonders why he would want that for his child.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    I have thought his thinking after his drugs problems was extremely damaged. He thinks he is being protective towards the child but why start thinking about it this early. He should be doing his best to shield his child from all the dangers of drugs, being there with her while she is taking them and buying them, then gives him the excuses he needs to keep on with his habits.

He hasn't escaped entirely free from his admitted drug taking days, one wonders why he would want that for his child.

I don't think he does? He's just being pragmatic and saying that IF she does take drugs in the future, he will minimise the possible harm she will come to.

I can't bear him; I think he's an arrogant, overblown twunt; however, IMHO this is a complete non story and for once he seems to be talking a modicum of sense.
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think he does? He's just being pragmatic and saying that IF she does take drugs in the future, he will minimise the possible harm she will come to.

I can't bear him; I think he's an arrogant, overblown twunt; however, IMHO this is a complete non story and for once he seems to be talking a modicum of sense.

Agreed. I honestly find him irritating beyond belief, but this is clearly an attempt to blow what he has said out of proportion and create a news story where there isn't one.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is in for a big shock when she grows up and tells him the last thing she wants to do is take drugs with her father. Many young people want to do their own thing, make their own mistakes and having your father tag along, even if he is RW, he will then be middle aged and uncool.

I think it is amusing that he thinks this wont happen but I bet it will.

Has it been genetically proven that a child will be ******** like their parent(s).
    Its usually copying bad behaviour, isn't it ?, If it happens.
    A pointless remark, deal with it if it happens.
  • CroftCroft Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After reading the Serena Williams thread and seeing how she got vilified for her comment which I actually thought made sense , I was interested to see whether Robbie would get the same treatment here , seems not .
  • Super_FurrySuper_Furry Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand the problem here.

Williams has adopted a far more pragmatic approach to drugs than a lot of other parents would.
    His past issues mean that he is aware that teenagers will be tempted to try drugs and he wants to ensure that, should his daughter choose to experiment, he would want it to happen in the safest possible environment.

The sensationalist headlines and inability for posters here to understand the full context of his quotes is all very good for website hits though, and that's what counts. Right?
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blockz99 wrote: »
    Agreed.....this makes it even worse as he's using his baby as a PR tool :mad:

I thought Jordan and her ex had the monopoly on that sort of thing?:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does no one else think he might have been having a joke?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does no one else think he might have been having a joke?

Yes. But let's leave the DS crew to their outrage shall we? :)
  • decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    Yes. But let's leave the DS crew to their outrage shall we? :)

Why can't anyone discuss anything on here without being accused of being outraged? Who's outraged? This is a discussion about a comment that a celebrity has made, not an opportunity for us to clutch our pearls and wonder what the worlds coming to. It's seriously hard to open up any kind of discussion on here without being ridiculed which is kind of ironic on a discussion forum!
  • CloudbustingCloudbusting Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    decobelle wrote: »
    Why can't anyone discuss anything on here without being accused of being outraged?

It's a tactic to try and get people to stop talking about something the poster saying it doesn't want criticised, I think. It's very annoying though.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    decobelle wrote: »
    Why can't anyone discuss anything on here without being accused of being outraged? Who's outraged? This is a discussion about a comment that a celebrity has made, not an opportunity for us to clutch our pearls and wonder what the worlds coming to. It's seriously hard to open up any kind of discussion on here without being ridiculed which is kind of ironic on a discussion forum!

Indeed. It never ceases to amaze me that the fact the title of this part of the forum actually states
    Discuss the latest showbiz and celebrity gossip here!
    yet some FMs seem to do this :rolleyes: at celebs being talked about.

If it's a celeb and it's in the media then this is the place to discuss it, surely?
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    Has it been genetically proven that a child will be ******** like their parent(s).
    Its usually copying bad behaviour, isn't it ?, If it happens.
    A pointless remark, deal with it if it happens.

I wrote previously that when she grows up, RW's point of view will be regarded as dated and out of touch, as young people of today will do exactly as they want to and not as their parents want them to however liberal.
  • Green_StampGreen_Stamp Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh shut up!
  • CloudbustingCloudbusting Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Indeed. It never ceases to amaze me that the fact the title of this part of the forum actually states yet some FMs seem to do this :rolleyes: at celebs being talked about.

If it's a celeb and it's in the media then this is the place to discuss it, surely?

The tactic of trying to silence people by accusing them of outrage appears to be rife on all the DS boards. I haven't even been around long but I've noticed. I feel the mods should do more to stop people trying to close down discussions they don't like, but I'm not sure what the mods could do that they don't already.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Nope, no outrage or shock here.

All he's saying is that in the event that his daughter ever ended up with a drug problem (a perfectly reasonable worry imo, since he's been there, done that and knows the reality of how easy it is to end up with a dependancy), then he would want to help her and if that included ensuring that she wasn't dependant upon 'street drugs' with all the dangers inherent in them, then that's what he would do.

He is in effect just a dad voicing a worry and what he would do in an attempt to try and protect her, in the event that it ever happened. Hopefully, she and he will never be in that position. And hopefully, his own experience will be a factor in that.

Typical sensationalist headline though, designed only to cause outrage before even reading what it is he's said.

Another vote for post of the thread. How dare you offer a common sense opinion ! ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Indeed. It never ceases to amaze me that the fact the title of this part of the forum actually states yet some FMs seem to do this :rolleyes: at celebs being talked about.

I know! I read the article and thought 'go on then, let's try a thread that isn't about Jordan, Peter Andrew or Helen Flannagan!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another vote for post of the thread. How dare you offer a common sense opinion ! ;)

Actually I did read the entire article, not just the headline. I see what he's getting at, but think his comments are misguided since there is no such thing as safe drugs. Not outrage, I'm not naive, just my point of view.
  • PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is in for a big shock when she grows up and tells him the last thing she wants to do is take drugs with her father. Many young people want to do their own thing, make their own mistakes and having your father tag along, even if he is RW, he will then be middle aged and uncool.

I think it is amusing that he thinks this wont happen but I bet it will.

BIB - He already is that.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The headline is shocking, but when you read the article, you understand what he means.
  • uniqueunique Posts: 12,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blockz99 wrote: »
    Agreed.....this makes it even worse as he's using his baby as a PR tool :mad:

what's wrong with that? if he makes more money his family can have a better life. his offspring will inherit his wealth

i bet most people would do the same if they could make money from it, but who wants to hear about regular joe's?
  • soulloversoullover Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think these 'celebs' live so far out of the real world you can understand why their thinking is skewed
    Robbie is surrounded by sycophants-both professional and fans. He lives in an unreal world where people don't work in 9-5 jobs to make a living. In that industry drugs are everywhere around them and money is no object. He clearly is thinking of his daughter in the context of that world.
    Back in real time of course there are drugs but there's no comparison to the temptation for his hedonistic lifestyle because most people simply can't afford it.
    So I don't condone his stupid remarks but I can see why he thinks the way he does :( Celeb kids may have all the material things money can buy, but the environment they are brought up in is pretty unhealthy for their emotional development. Unless the parents are disciplined, intelligent & responsible and make an effort to shield their kids from that hedonistic life then a lot of them will end up on drugs :(
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,811
    Forum Member
    "If unfortunately that does happen, I'll know what to do. Which is make sure she's got the best drugs possible - and take them with her."

Yeah Robbie, how you going to do that? Only buy illegally manufactured drugs that have official approval?

Or you going to accept the word of that nice man who runs a drug cartel in Columbia or Mexico who only kills innocent people because they refuse to help him in his trade.

Robbie you're a dork, at least you can afford to pay for your daugther's rehab while villagers in South America pay with their lives.
  • Baz OBaz O Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I surprised he can see so far into the future. I myself had all these plans about how it would be when my kids grew up. Well they are grown up now and all my plans for them have flown out the window. How does he know he will even be around when his daughter grows up? I am not being negative but look what happened to Michael Jackson, I don't think he thought he wouldn't be around when his kids got older.

4 years today RIP Michael.
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Baz O wrote: »
    I surprised he can see so far into the future. I myself had all these plans about how it would be when my kids grew up. Well they are grown up now and all my plans for them have flown out the window. How does he know he will even be around when his daughter grows up? I am not being negative but look what happened to Michael Jackson, I don't think he thought he wouldn't be around when his kids got older.

4 years today RIP Michael.
    for goodness sake he was asked a hypothetical question and gave a hypothetical answer based on the info available to him at the time