Holland - Czech Republic

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 795
Forum Member
✭✭
Possibly one of the greatest games of football ever. Entertainment for 90 minutes. It had drama, controversy, highs, lows and hair wigs.

Maybe Endemol should employ both teams for BB6.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    I agree. Much better than BB at the minute.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Too true, didn't even contemplate switching over to BB during that match.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    My husband is now in a big strop.....made him turn the TV over to see thew Jason w**k bit of the show, and he missed a goal!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Superb game of football - and the right result on both games today. Lovely stuff and big bald defenders - this is what the people want!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crimpo wrote:
    Superb game of football - and the right result on both games today. Lovely stuff and big bald defenders - this is what the people want!

Totally agree. The only thing missing was a moustache, a mullet and beard.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 418
    Forum Member
    I refuse to watch Euro 2004 any more. Surely it can't get better than that, can it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that was a cracking game - never seen anything like it! pure entertainment for 93 mins. pity england never seem to play a game as good as that :(
  • LV15LV15 Posts: 2,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    great stuff, hopefully some mug will pay a few million extra to buy smicer from us now :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,910
    Forum Member
    Spankee wrote:
    that was a cracking game - never seen anything like it! pure entertainment for 93 mins. pity england never seem to play a game as good as that :(

if every game was like that it wouldn't have been a good game? Agreed? ;)
  • klunkklunk Posts: 1,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Possibly one of the greatest games of football ever.
    Pah, what about Spain - Yugoslavia from Euro 2000, a game Spain had to win and in which they came back from 3-2 down in injury time to win 4-3. Or Yugoslavia again, against Slovenia in the same tournament, in which they were 3-0 down in the second half, had their best player sent off, and promptly scored three times? Amazing games, both.
  • homer911homer911 Posts: 5,198
    Forum Member
    What a game glad i am sane and always choose football above big brother.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnno wrote:
    if every game was like that it wouldn't have been a good game? Agreed? ;)

yeh guess your right there actually ;)

although one thing that stood out was that both Holland and Czech played full out for the whole game, whereas england always seem to lag after about 65mins :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    klunk wrote:
    Pah, what about Spain - Yugoslavia from Euro 2000, a game Spain had to win and in which they came back from 3-2 down in injury time to win 4-3. Or Yugoslavia again, against Slovenia in the same tournament, in which they were 3-0 down in the second half, had their best player sent off, and promptly scored three times? Amazing games, both.

You could well be right. I think my fav game was Brazil - Holland during France 98.

Anyhoo, anything to take my mind off whether Emma is mad or not.
  • dazza1956dazza1956 Posts: 1,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a game

Great stuff kept me hooked for 90 mins

Bye bye Holland
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Damn....the one match I wanted to watch this weekend and I missed it :mad: It sounds like it was a great game.
  • padpad Posts: 6,699
    Forum Member
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Holland!!!!

I thought it was EasyJet v Czech Republic.

pad.
  • EsterhausEsterhaus Posts: 2,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For that game to still be a blinder *despite* the best efforts of the ref was truly amazing. 3-2 and both goalies played out of their skins. Blimey.
  • plumsplums Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Top match - now lets hope if England get through we don't face them until the final !
  • EsterhausEsterhaus Posts: 2,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    plums wrote:
    Top match - now lets hope if England get through we don't face them until the final !

Yep, I wouldn't fancy trying to contain the Czechs either. At least we won't have to worry about meeting the Dutch anyway. If Germany beat the (already qualified) Czech reserves in the final match then it's game over for Holland.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely the best game of the tournament. Even Smicer looked good!
  • LV15LV15 Posts: 2,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Esterhaus wrote:
    Yep, I wouldn't fancy trying to contain the Czechs either. At least we won't have to worry about meeting the Dutch anyway. If Germany beat the (already qualified) Czech reserves in the final match then it's game over for Holland.

but the question is...are the czech reserves as good as latvia...in which case the germans have no hope
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LV15 wrote:
    but the question is...are the czech reserves as good as latvia...in which case the germans have no hope

But. Football is a game of two halves and in the end the Germans normally win. It would be a crime if they did. Both Latvia and Holland have shown more attacking flair than the bosch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 418
    Forum Member
    plums wrote:

Final? lol
  • meatandtwovegmeatandtwoveg Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    I got my first taste of just how beautiful it is in Holland when I visited a small town known as Sluis during my holiday in Belgium. :) It was one of the best ever towns I had ever visited in my entire life. :)
  • CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    I got my first taste of just how beautiful it is in Holland when I visited a small town known as Sluis during my holiday in Belgium. :) It was one of the best ever towns I had ever visited in my entire life. :)

Oi Pinkteddyx64, will you be spelling my name correct in your next whinge on that other forum?