Week 5 - 5 Thoughts

Comments

• IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Mark Wright is growing on me
    2. Loved Sunetra's and Brendan's VW. The lady radiates personality.
    3. Jake is without doubt best of the untrained celebs - I wish he could engage me more.
    4. Pixie, Frankie and Caroline certainly turned in excellent performances - as trained dancers should.
    5. I found Alison's performance embarrassingly bad.
  • nedtheatomicnedtheatomic Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    1. Another good show, feet up sharing a bottle of plonk, perfect
    2. Actually felt sorry for Len, man flu is serious and sat next to a hyper Bruno. Night nurse and kip for Len, Valium for Bruno.
    3. So many improving, big up for Jenny, giant strides forward and no longer scared, good for her, hope she stays a wee bit longer.
    4. Horrible feeling Scott will get votes a la John Sergeant now - is not nice.
    5. Well done Sunetra and Brendan - lovely to watch and most enjoyable bit for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    1) Sunetra and Brendan's VW was my favourite dance of the night - lovely choreo, setting and dress (although I thought Vicky the wardrobe lady said bright colours were better for Sunetra?)
    2) Mark did better bachacatas than Pixie
    3) Steve is making impressive progress - all credit to Ola. I would have liked to dance that waltz with him, he looked very secure.
    4) Why is Tess struggling every week to get to the dance floor at the end of each dance? The first week I could understand it, but it should have been fixed after that. She seems to hoist her dress and sprint but still doesn't make it!
    5) Alison's movement reminded me of a container ship being manoeuvred slowly round a tight corner. No amount of 'emoting', and clever choreo from Aliaz, make up for her lack of movement.
  • ChickenFromKievChickenFromKiev Posts: 7,427
    Forum Member
    1) I thought there was something missing in Pixie's Samba, as I preferred Mark's. There was just something that felt wrong with Pixie's, whereas I thought Mark's was, not necessarily better, but definitely more enjoyable.

2) I also enjoyed Frankie's Foxtrot more than I did Caroline's Paso, and I think Frankie was slightly undermarked, but that might've been because she was on earlier so the marking's lower at that point.

3) Definitely rooting for the Surprises (Steve and Sunetra). They surprised me by being in the cast at all and they've surprised me by how much I've liked them and their dancing. Sunetra's Viennese Waltz was one of my favourite dances of the series, and I was pleasantly surprised by Steve's Waltz.

4) The smoke on the floor on Simon & Kristina's Viennese Waltz has convinced me that something was wrong with the footwork. I didn't enjoy their performance at all, it felt wooden.

5) Scott and Alison need to go as soon as possible. Alison shaking everything around worked for the first few weeks, but it's wearing thin, especially when there are more slow dances to come - such as the Rumba, the Waltz and the Viennese Waltz. I feared for Joanne's life when Scott dragged her across his back like Santa's bag of presents, especially when she started flailing her arms around like she had been possessed by some sort of mutant octopus.

Sneaky 6) Judy was somewhat entertaining this week, at least she's improving ever so slightly, while Alison's doing the exact same thing every week and Scott's finding new ways to terrify the audience, thinking Joanne's going to have her head smashed on the dancefloor.
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven't done one of these in a while...

1. Jake & Janette and Mark & Karen are brilliant partnerships
    2. The music was a bit better but I wish they'd let the pros choose!
    3. Still too much faffing around in dances
    4. That waltz was Ola's best choreography in years. And Kristina needs to take a leaf out of Brendan's book - he (and Anya) did a brilliant Viennese Waltz, her choreography was awful.
    5. Anyone who voted for Scott & Joanne after that shambles clearly doesn't give a damn about dancing!
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    1 Mark was a lovely surprise..his and Pixie's dances were my favourite of the night. I like his personality too.

2 Watching Alison and Scott try to dance is embarrassing....they need to go.

3 Sunetra looked amazing, and she's another one with a lovely personality.

4 Judy may not be great but she's fun to watch, and, by god, she tries.

5 Disappointed with Jake again, he seems to be going backwards.
  • CallmepitstopCallmepitstop Posts: 3,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1, Claudia. Nobody else comes close :D:D

2. Loved Steve and Ola's waltz - so nice to see him scrub up really well in tails :cool:

3. Mark's samba :o where did those hips come from??

4. The Judy love is getting to me :p

5. Simon's dance was so forgettable, I forget what he danced. :p
  • smudesmude Posts: 17,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1 Alison and Scott, enough now. Alison going backwards and Scott not going forwards. I feared for Joanne's life last night.
    2 Sunetra was the dance of the night for me. Classy VW.
    3 Don't know how good Simon was because I couldn't see his feet. Smoke is a stupid idea.
    4 The idea of Jamie coaching his mum is funny. God knows what Andy will say if he ever arrives. Probably why he is winning to stay away.
    5 Pixie is the best dancer by a mile and she knows it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scott is awful. Every dance consists of him stomping around. He should be put out of his misery. He doesn't look as if he is enjoying it. Alison too needs to go . She is a one trick pony.

Caroline's, Sunetra and Mark while not technically the strongest they connect with the music, the dance and their partners.

I don't share the love for Pixie's samba. One or two of her moves looked awkward to me.

I am not a fan of Jake. His top line is not great but last night his footwork was nifty.

Normally I don't enjoy watching poor dancers but I am loving Judy. Her performances are getting better albeit slowly. She and Anton have a great partnership. I love how they react to the judges' comments. I enjoyed their Charleston and I find myself looking forward to the next dance.

I would like to cheat and add one more. Steve was the surprise of the night. I feared the worst but his walz was lovely.
  • mirandawebmirandaweb Posts: 3,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) Mark was really good this week (plus, he's not really my type - but his chest did look very aesthetically pleasing in that slashed top!)

2) Steve, Steve, glorious Steve. I was nervous for him when I realised he was doing a waltz. I expected it to be awkward - but it was beautiful and romantic. He is quite, quite lovely. :blush:

3) Was watching it with a friend who hasn't been able to watch it so far this series, and she asked which one out of Frankie and Kevin was the pro.

4) Judy was much better this week. She had loosened up a lot and lost most (but not quite all) of that awkwardness. If it was her week one, she'd have a reasonable shot at coming up with some reputable performances. As it is, I suspect that she's going to take too long to get into it.

5) Pixie sure can move those hips! The girl can shimmy.
  • Frank MagFrank Mag Posts: 1,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bea_Bopp wrote: »
    1) Sunetra and Brendan's VW was my favourite dance of the night - lovely choreo, setting and dress (although I thought Vicky the wardrobe lady said bright colours were better for Sunetra?)
    2) Mark did better bachacatas than Pixie
    3) Steve is making impressive progress - all credit to Ola. I would have liked to dance that waltz with him, he looked very secure.
    4) Why is Tess struggling every week to get to the dance floor at the end of each dance? The first week I could understand it, but it should have been fixed after that. She seems to hoist her dress and sprint but still doesn't make it!
    5) Alison's movement reminded me of a container ship being manoeuvred slowly round a tight corner. No amount of 'emoting', and clever choreo from Aliaz, make up for her lack of movement.

Still laughing, I think that image will still be in my head whenever I see her. :):):)
  • ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    1 Frankie is as good as Kevin
    2 Put Alison in heels - what a mess
    3 Loving Tess and Claudia - should've happened about 2 or 3 seasons ago
    4 The standard overall is better than any other series EVER
    5 Scott Mills? Why? He is a walking miracle. First he's the only person in history not to be able to learn to dance (thanks, Craig) and then he's the only gay man in history to have absolutely NO rhythm or showmanship whatsoever. He's unique.
  • mirandawebmirandaweb Posts: 3,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 Loving Tess and Claudia - should've happened about 2 or 3 seasons ago

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is perfectly happy with them as presenters!

Claudia used to be a little awkward when she was standing in for Brucie, but she's been fine all this series and, indeed, has been really coming into her own because she's allowed to base her presenting around her own style instead of standing in for someone else's.
  • lightonmyfeetlightonmyfeet Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. I am nicking this one from ChickenfromKiev - ") Definitely rooting for the Surprises (Steve and Sunetra). They surprised me by being in the cast at all and they've surprised me by how much I've liked them and their dancing. Sunetra's Viennese Waltz was one of my favourite dances of the series, and I was pleasantly surprised by Steve's Waltz."

2. The costumes were better, less tat and more style. Loved the men in tails and particularly liked Ola's dress.

3. Judy did not deserve to be bottom of the leader board, and whilst she may not be good, I like the support she is getting for having been unfairly judged.

4. Jake and Frankie seem to have stood still in terms of standard; still good but no better.

5. Shame the judges overmarked Mark to save him as I thought he did not need such help.
  • GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignazio wrote: »
    1. Mark Wright is growing on me
    2. Loved Sunetra's and Brendan's VW. The lady radiates personality.
    3. Jake is without doubt best of the untrained celebs - I wish he could engage me more.
    4. Pixie, Frankie and Caroline certainly turned in excellent performances - as trained dancers should.
    5. I found Alison's performance embarrassingly bad.

Not sure about Caroline but Frankie is not a trained dancer I know she dances like she is but she's not.
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure about Caroline but Frankie is not a trained dancer I know she dances like she is but she's not.
    Yes she is - check out her wiki page.

She enchants me but I won't be voting for her unless she is the final with Pixie.
  • GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignazio wrote: »
    Yes she is - check out her wiki page.

She enchants me but I won't be voting for her unless she is the final with Pixie.

Wiki is not a reliable source. She is not a trained dancer.
  • JDarcyJDarcy Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    Caroline took part in a television documentary about wheelchair ballroom dancing including a major competition
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/dancingonwheels/whoswho-james-caroline.shtml

I personally don't mind if people have previous dance experience (most singers/actors do generally) but it annoys me that people keep mentioning Frankie and Pixie having previous dance experience when Caroline does as well
  • lightonmyfeetlightonmyfeet Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Nobody died.
    2. It is a light entertainment dancing competition, not Camp Bastion
    3. The worse thing that happened was that a so so celeb dancer went out and left behind him 3 no so good celeb dancers.
    4. No-one has a god given right to avoid the dance off.
    5. It is a free country and people can and should vote as they please.
  • -Felicity--Felicity- Posts: 4,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) I don't know why people were saying Mark's tears were fake, they most definitely were not. Go Mark! My favourite dance of the night :)
    2) I liked Pixie's Samba but I still can't take to her as a person, she just comes across as all mememe!
    3) I noticed Bruno rolling his eyes on Saturday night and had to rewind it to show my other half, thought it was hilarious :D
    4) Alison was awful, I just can't believe she's still there! Aljaz and his sheer happiness of being voted through makes up for it though.
    5) Steve is just lovely, I hope he stays in until the semi finals at least!
  • BadWigeonBadWigeon Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. I don't really have a problem with contestants having had some prior training; the thought of fifteen Scotts bumbling around for three months is too awful to contemplate.
    2. Judy was considerably better than Scott and Alison. She's trying and improving... a bit.
    3. I couldn't imagine liking a TOWIE person, but Mark seems a sweetie and is a pretty decent dancer.
    4. Both Jake and Alison aren't improving, but Jake is good enough to get a decent way before it matters
    5. Please give poor Caroline a beautiful, flattering dress.
  • missiemoomissiemoo Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1 Love Claudia and the way she brings some humour to the show (Tess is also doing a good job where she is)
    2 Loved Frankie and Kevin's dance (same as the last 2 weeks)
    3 Shame about Boy George - not as good as he was
    4 Judy is showing some personality and she obviously loves being on the show
    5 Like Mark, but thought he was a bit of a wozz tonight, but he is obviously overjoyed to be on the show still.
  • PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    BadWigeon wrote: »
    1. I don't really have a problem with contestants having had some prior training; the thought of fifteen Scotts bumbling around for three months is too awful to contemplate.
    2. Judy was considerably better than Scott and Alison. She's trying and improving... a bit.
    3. I couldn't imagine liking a TOWIE person, but Mark seems a sweetie and is a pretty decent dancer.
    4. Both Jake and Alison aren't improving, but Jake is good enough to get a decent way before it matters
    5. Please give poor Caroline a beautiful, flattering dress.

BIB..... :o:o:p:D
  • LancslassLancslass Posts: 438
    Forum Member
    1. Loved the traditional ballroom dresses and tails.
    2. Loved Steve and Ola dance, he really impresses me.
    3. Loved Sunetra's and Brendan's performance.
    4. Love love Claudia I'd love to be her friend
    5. Love to get rid of Scott
  • Alleycat666Alleycat666 Posts: 8,735
    Forum Member
    Costumes were much better this week - proper tails for the men and dresses for the women

Surprised by how much I like Mark - my pre-conception of him was completely wrong and I'm happy to admit it

Somewhat erratic marking - no way was Scott's Charleston better than Judy's - he went wrong completely whereas at least she got through the whole dance. Judy is at least trying to improve - and good on her for allowing Anton to chuck her about again - Scott however is beyond words......

Sunetra and Steve are the ones who are improving most week by week and the ones I look forward to seeing most

Sad to see Thom go but Simon did dance better - he's not going to win though, that's twice in the dance off now from quite high positions so clearly the public aren't taking to him