Options

Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners C4 Now

Comments

• Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think that guy who went to the bookies is a bit rude. She's there to help him and he's just being nasty, if that was me I would just walk off and let them live in that mess.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    Hiya,

I dont understand the "swab test".....of course the area will be clean, itgets cleaned seconds before the test is done.
  • Options
    FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woodbine wrote: »
    Think that guy who went to the bookies is a bit rude. She's there to help him and he's just being nasty, if that was me I would just walk off and let them live in that mess.

They are both as bad as each other, she has no empathy and is abrasive and its a sure fire way to make blokes like that did in , it does explain why so many customers in my workplace smell vile though
  • Options
    Funk YouFunk You Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    That old guy with the guitars is sweet bless him, remember Claire telling me about him :)

The guy down the bookies will never change then again the woman nagging him is annoying.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funk You wrote: »
    Claire :) she's lovely but some people think she obsesses too much with her cleaning but its just her way of doing things.

Your friend is a pretty lady :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Your friend is a pretty lady :)

Aww yeah she is :) really nice girl. She is always banging on about cleaning, I always say she could come clean my place out because its getting a little cluttered (not to the same degree as the people on here might I add lol) but I think she just has her own way of doing things and likes to be clean as much as possible. Sod living with her though lol! :D
  • Options
    DimsieDimsie Posts: 2,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's great when you see somebody appreciate having a decent house again. :)

The overly-clean people scare me a bit though! Who would want to be breathing in the fumes of bleach and ammonia and heaven knows what else every day? I think that'd be worse for you that some germs around the place. I keep my house clean and tidy, but with 3 cats (2 of ours, plus a neighbour's) running around there's no way it could ever be germ-free, nor would I really think that's something to aim for.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dimsie wrote: »
    It's great when you see somebody appreciate having a decent house again. :)

The overly-clean people scare me a bit though! Who would want to be breathing in the fumes of bleach and ammonia and heaven knows what else every day? I think that'd be worse for you that some germs around the place. I keep my house clean and tidy, but with 3 cats (2 of ours, plus a neighbour's) running around there's no way it could ever be germ-free, nor would I really think that's something to aim for.

I think its impossible with animals but you can keep it to a good enough standard and it wouldn't be like them blokes who hadn't cleaned since 1994! :O
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That house with the 2 guys looked like it had an open sewer running through it. Absolutely disgusting. Didn't he say he had a wild cat living in his front room at one time? :o
  • Options
    poppy10poppy10 Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funk You wrote: »
    Claire :) she's lovely but some people think she obsesses too much with her cleaning but its just her way of doing things.

Her house is lovely. OMG she must have been mortified when she went in that couples home ! :o
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flos wrote: »
    Hiya,

I dont understand the "swab test".....of course the area will be clean, itgets cleaned seconds before the test is done.

Yeah it's completely pointless filler. Every week I see the girl holding up her swab and think "Oh come on get back to the main show".
  • Options
    Ten_BenTen_Ben Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That house with the 2 guys looked like it had an open sewer running through it. Absolutely disgusting. Didn't he say he had a wild cat living in his front room at one time? :o

Four days to clear those houses and then suddenly Mark's rooms have been repainted as well? WTF! :confused:

As for never having used your cooker but still cleaning it inside every day? :o:confused: Yet the mini oven that she hid in a cupboard looked disgusting.... does not compute, surely? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They just lived in a filthy midden and wanted someone to come in and clean it all up for them - can't imagine the smell from the two of them and their habits :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ten_Ben wrote: »
    Four days to clear those houses and then suddenly Mark's rooms have been repainted as well? WTF! :confused:

As for never having used your cooker but still cleaning it inside every day? :o:confused: Yet the mini oven that she hid in a cupboard looked disgusting.... does not compute, surely? :confused:

The camera crew must help clear the rooms? How do they empty and clean some of the rooms in just 4 days ? Its a miracle. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    poppy10 wrote: »
    The camera crew must help clear the rooms? How do they empty and clean some of the rooms in just 4 days ? Its a miracle. ;-)

My mum watches that awful 60 Minute Makeover thing and just observing it for about 15 mins you know its not exactly 60 minutes as there is a tea break and then about 3 ad breaks lol! it probably takes a day with all them workmen there gutting it all out. Its probably the same with OCC because it seemed that most of the places were done quickly.
  • Options
    ratty0ratty0 Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    poppy10 wrote: »

Yes I assume they have people helping.

I don't know if anyone watched the programme about Hoarders (with the Greek psychiatrist) but that took an awful lot of work for the owners to even agree to let them start sorting through their belongings (and throwing stuff away was impossible most of the time).

I assume where hoarding is involved (which must be most of these cases on OCC) there is some kind of similar support and/or lots of additional stuff we don't see which enables the hoarders to throw things away. I don't for a minute believe someone with OCD can get a hoarder to throw away their things by having a quick OMG-how-bad-is-this discussion.

I imagine most of the stuff goes in to storage rather than being thrown away, especially in the case of the hoarders. So it's probably all for effect as it will no doubt get moved back in after the cameras have stopped rolling.

The two guys were quite appalling though. I don't think they were hoarders (could be wrong) but they seemed incredibly lazy/filthy and ignorant, however they seemed to improve by the end. I have no idea how a wild cat could have been living in a room, or indeed why it would want to!
  • Options
    pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it's completely pointless filler. Every week I see the girl holding up her swab and think "Oh come on get back to the main show".

I could understand the point of it if they swabbed the bench before cleaning it, as it would show that even without cleaning it for two hours every day its still clean. That would be productive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the Victorian scary music they play when showing the messy peoples houses.
    One thing I can't watch is the toilet scenes !!

Bork :o the state of some of the toilets is vile !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just started watching this one. I do not get those scenes. The woman pours a bottle of bleach on the toilet and then swabs it. Of course it is clean.

The amount of cleaning products these people use daily is going to come back to haunt them later in life. They won't be able to breathe. The dirty people will be just fine.

I don't believe that one person with the help of the hoarder of the week cleans out the houses in three days. In the US version a whole company comes in to haul out the clutter. It makes more sense. The US version spends a lot more time on the psychology of the hoarder too, frankly it gets repetitive. I like this version better.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm questioning Charlotte's personal hygiene. If she lets her house get like that, i doubt she's doing much more to maintain a decent level of personal or intimate hygiene especially considering she's a bigger lady.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She must be fabulous in bed if he's willing to spend his life on the floor
  • Options
    SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crikey at the last two posts!
  • Options
    Ten_BenTen_Ben Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just started watching this one. I do not get those scenes. The woman pours a bottle of bleach on the toilet and then swabs it. Of course it is clean.

Which just proves to them that their cleaning regime is working. It would be much more useful to do a swab first, then clean and swab again. The readings aren't likely to vary much, so it would indicate they don't need to clean so often.... surely?

That woman tonight with the great big mansion to look after, yet she supposedly cleans her kitchen cupboard doors up to 15 times a day. That's more or less hourly :o:o:confused:
    The amount of cleaning products these people use daily is going to come back to haunt them later in life.

The quantities these people use are just insane - tonight it was half a bottle of bleach down the toilet, all of which ends up having to be treated at the other end and cleaned up. Sod the environment. Less is more, people! :D
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The state of that toilet in the couples house!! How can anyone let their toilet get into such a state? :o It was putrid!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ten_Ben wrote: »

The quantities these people use are just insane - tonight it was half a bottle of bleach down the toilet, all of which ends up having to be treated at the other end and cleaned up. Sod the environment. Less is more, people! :D

I dont understand why he didnt put caustic soda down it