Can someone enlighten me?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What is the idea of The saturdays releasing their new single, next week?

Has anyone seen the releases? If their management are pushing for a no.1 this is totally stupid.

This just backs up my thoughts, the sats management have literally killed the band off -.-

Would there actually be any motive behind this, or just stupid management?

Comments

• mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,956
    Forum Member
    Higher? Is it released next week.

It's a shame the way that they've been managed, because I think they have potential. :( They're management are useless.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »

It's a shame the way that they've been managed, because I think they have potential. :( They're management are useless.

Yes, its being released next week.

Its quite funny how roll deeps new single is being released next week too, the single they were suppost to be on, but then squeaky alesha got on it instead.
  • x_hayes_xx_hayes_x Posts: 6,285
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »

I agree...it sucks! :(:cry:
  • mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thought it was already out...5 weeks in the lower reaches of the chart.. download only? but wouldnt that detract from the main release?

desperately re-written it to include flo rida... give up girls, higher is definately your worst track.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thought it was already out...5 weeks in the lower reaches of the chart.. download only? but wouldnt that detract from the main release?

desperately re-written it to include flo rida... give up girls, higher is definately your worst track.

No, thats just people downloading the original track from their album. Which actually shows how good the song is.

Worst track? yeah right. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    Personally i think the Headlines era has been managed well. Higher is selling well and they have quite a lot of promotion coming up next week. It won't get number one, but it's well on its way to becoming one of their best selling singles. Number one isn't everything.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sats_Fan wrote: »
    Personally i think the Headlines era has been managed well. Higher is selling well and they have quite a lot of promotion coming up next week. It won't get number one, but it's well on its way to becoming one of their best selling singles. Number one isn't everything.

i know that. However, im not on about jut the headlines era, im talking about the whole saturdays era. If when wordshaker was around, they'd not dressed as slutty and kept their colours,as they're now doing with headlines, they would have kept their fun, pop persona. It's a shame.

But still,a number one would be nice, and seeing as the girls so desperately want one, why release it that week!?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    james-dean wrote: »
    i know that. However, im not on about jut the headlines era, im talking about the whole saturdays era. If when wordshaker was around, they'd not dressed as slutty and kept their colours,as they're now doing with headlines, they would have kept their fun, pop persona. It's a shame.

But still,a number one would be nice, and seeing as the girls so desperately want one, why release it that week!?
    Agree about Wordshaker...that was just awful really.

And i understand your point, but i don't think Higher could get number one any week around this time of year. They're not gonna get an X factor slot so they have a huge disadvantage there. If they are going to get a number one single, it will come from a single released before the album, so they need to make sure they pick the right lead single for the next album, and hopefully release two before the album, they've had a few opportunities now and picked the wrong song. Hopefully for album number 4 they will release the best song on the album first and finally get that number 1.
    Its disappointing that Higher won't get number one because it deserves it more than any other Sats song. But i think we should just be relieved they seem to have got their careers back on track after Wordshaker :P
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sats_Fan wrote: »
    Agree about Wordshaker...that was just awful really.

And i understand your point, but i don't think Higher could get number one any week around this time of year. They're not gonna get an X factor slot so they have a huge disadvantage there. If they are going to get a number one single, it will come from a single released before the album, so they need to make sure they pick the right lead single for the next album, and hopefully release two before the album, they've had a few opportunities now and picked the wrong song. Hopefully for album number 4 they will release the best song on the album first and finally get that number 1.
    Its disappointing that Higher won't get number one because it deserves it more than any other Sats song. But i think we should just be relieved they seem to have got their careers back on track after Wordshaker :P

If higher was released the week missing you was, i think it would of. It's a much more popular track than missing you, and, considering highers been in the top 20 for five weeks, add them sales to the sales they willget when its actually released, and thats a massive selling single.

its ego all over again.
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    Just because it's charted for a while as an album track though, that's not the reason it won't get to #1. Airplanes hovered around in the top 30 for ages too, but climbed and got #1 a month later (and a month earlier than its release date, as it got #1 on downloads only!).

Telephone by Lady Gaga too. It first charted at #30 in December 2009, but that didn't stop it getting to #1 3 months later.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    Just because it's charted for a while as an album track though, that's not the reason it won't get to #1. Airplanes hovered around in the top 30 for ages too, but climbed and got #1 a month later (and a month earlier than its release date, as it got #1 on downloads only!).

Telephone by Lady Gaga too. It first charted at #30 in December 2009, but that didn't stop it getting to #1 3 months later.

But both fan bases are substantially larger than the sats.
  • mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    james-dean wrote: »
    Worst track? yeah right. :)

MY opinion... it certainly is. sales will determine whether or not the public agree with me.

the cahil mix of 'missing you' was imho their best track...or should i say my fav.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MY opinion... it certainly is. sales will determine whether or not the public agree with me.

the cahil mix of 'missing you' was imho their best track...or should i say my fav.

Considering, is been in the top 20 for 5 weeks, downloads alone,proves that its a great song. People are just imatient and want it, NOW.