• Options
    coun3spicecoun3spice Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zeze88 wrote: »
    Here is a great interview with Mark, it is in the 2nd post:

http://mark-feehily.net/

This stood out to me the most:

I remember I got so frustrated that I wasn’t able to participate in the writing process. I’m not saying I was ready at 18 or 23, but over the years I became more and more frustrated that they wouldn’t let me get involved. In fact, it was pretty much frowned upon.

There was this one time when our US team told us we had a chance to write with Ryan Tedder and we could choose which one of us would work with him, but someone at our label said that it was probably best to leave the writing to him. “You’re not songwriters,” they said, “you’re singers, leave the songwriting to them…” That really ****ing got to me! This person was telling me that, on my behalf, they had turned down the opportunity to work with a globally successful songwriter. What pisses me off most is that the label had never even ****ing bothered to check to see if I could actually write a song.

So again, Westlife shouldn't be blamed for what they were, they didn't get the chance. Simon is truly such a moron for treating them this way. And look how is he now treating 1D, I guess he finally figured he made a mistake. He truly ruined our boys in the end - like I said countless times. if they had more freedom and own choices, I bet they wouldn't have felt so unhappy that they had to disband.

this pains me!

gladly, Markus has the chance now, I hope it's not too late for him
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I've just discovered that this song was co-written by Steve Anderson off of Brothers in Rhythm. i.e. the guy responsible for some of the best stuff Kylie has ever done (Confide in Me!!!).

No wonder this song is so frigging amazing! :D
  • Options
    zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you have listened to the Total Access radio show, you might be familiar with their Head To Head battle. The presenter basically nominates two artists with their current singles and then the show’s listeners are invited to vote for one of them. The one with more votes becomes the champion of the night and stays in the battle until someone beats them.
    Mark was nominated some days ago for the first time and thanks to everybody’s votes he has been the champion for the last 4 nights in a row. According to what the show’s presenter, Elliot Holman, said last night, Mark is about to break the Head To Head record of consecutive nights winning. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have seen a few comments at Youtube saying Mark's song is similar to Rob Dougan's music. So I checked it out and the song has similarities with Furious Angels:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2vaNREDn_s

It is definitely similar in violins part. I hope that doesn't hurt Mark and that he asked the permission. Maybe he did as we don't know a lot about the song.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark was on the radio today and he said he will probably release the album in September but he didn't want to confirm anything as he is still working on it.

He will do an acoustic performance tomorrow on The One Show. Finally some TV exposure! I presume he will do more of them next week once the single is out.

Also, on this link you can read a great Mark interview, it is all about his music:

http://issuu.com/headlinerhub/docs/headliner_issue_9/33?e=11400578/12297347
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    His performance of 'Love Is a Drug' was incredible on The One Show tonight.

The single is out on Sunday: http://smarturl.it/markusloveisadrugit
  • Options
    pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disappointed he's only #22 on iTunes in Ireland after 48 hours.That doesn't look promising for a top 40 in the UK..
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is he?
  • Options
    siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow awesome performance, great vocals! The song needs more exposure!!

It is number 18 now in itunes charts and 38 in uk, i hope it still posible to get into top 10
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    Who is he?

He was a member of Westlife.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure you have seen this but here is a nice interview on Digital Spy. Check the comments bellow, they are all very positive.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/interviews/a642511/markus-feehily-asking-for-simon-cowells-help-wouldve-been-too-easy.html

By the way, since this is released on independent label, even Top 20 would be a good slot. Plus, he has some TV promo lined up next week in the UK, this will do him good.

When it comes to Ireland, we have to wait and see the end result on Friday - I remember that Shane was pretty low on iTunes but he still ended up at #7 in official Irish chart in the end.
  • Options
    siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the tv promo will do much, I believe he's on BBC Breakfast and Loose Women, can't imagine either doing all that much.
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    Hated Westlife and their Mum music, but Love Is a Drug is one of the best songs of 2015 IMO. I absolutely LOVE it! Fanastic singer who was clearly wasted in Westlife!

Agree entirely this is my favourite song of the whole year so far
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    siriusrose wrote: »
    I don't think the tv promo will do much, I believe he's on BBC Breakfast and Loose Women, can't imagine either doing all that much.

Maybe it wont do a lot but every bit helps - after Breakfast he climbed up 6 places, he is now #28 in the UK :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently he is #23 in Midweeks... I guess that is not too bad since he is self-releasing it through his own label Harmoney Entertainment, but I was still hoping he would do better than that because the single is very very good.

Here are another 2 great reviews

http://renownedforsound.com/index.php/single-review-markus-feehily-love-is-a-drug/#comment-3155

http://blog.blinkboxmusic.com/reviews/songs/markus-feehily-love-drug/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently he is #23 in Midweeks... I guess that is not too bad since he is self-releasing it through his own label Harmoney Entertainment, but I was still hoping he would do better than that because the single is very very good.

Here are another 2 great reviews

http://renownedforsound.com/index.php/single-review-markus-feehily-love-is-a-drug/#comment-3155

http://blog.blinkboxmusic.com/reviews/songs/markus-feehily-love-drug/

never heard any bad review so far about Markus as solo artists, EXCEPT of course to obvious westlife hater. :)

actually he is very impressive, the song is a revelation, very different from a westlife single, i guess the song needs to be heard even more, needs more exposure to get the recognition it deserves. the question is HOW?

it is actually going down a bit in itunes chart, i hope it still manages to push through top 10.

loved this: Westlife's Markus Feehily turns out one of the most impressive pop re-inventions of recent times :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    I've just discovered that this song was co-written by Steve Anderson off of Brothers in Rhythm.

Ah, that explains the 90s vibe I'm getting from this song.
    Couldn't stand Westlife but always knew Markus had soul. 'Love Is A Drug' is a cracker!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is officially at #36 today. I hope he stays in Top 40 but I doubt he will as he has no other promo lined up by the end of the week. I think he'll be lucky if he gets Top 50...

Every little bit helps, he was on Loose Women today and he climbed from #37 to #29 on iTunes, so it is a shame he doesn't have more chances of promo. If only he could get a Radio 1 support but that would happen when the hell freezes over I'm afraid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #28 now in uk itunes

I am very much bothered and concerned, is it possible for him to have a slot in Britains Got talent, or any similar tv shows in terms of popularity?
  • Options
    RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this was Sam Smith it would smash....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    If this was Sam Smith it would smash....

yah! hate it, I think let's give the time for it to be known and heard. I hope there's more room or slots for him on big shows may it be on radio or tv to promote the song.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    up by two points again in UK ITUNES, now at #26
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is still #36 today, I was afraid he would go down today so I guess thats good...

Right now I'm more concerned with the upcoming album, I hope it will perform better than this single, especially since the album sales are appalling recently. Plus, he said the other day he thinks about releasing Butterfly as the 2nd single, it would be wise to release another single before the album.

As for those big shows you mentioned, i doubt he has a chance since he is self-releasing everything. It would be perfect if he could get X Factor slot in the future, maybe Walsh and Cowell could back him up, at least for old times sake, those numerous times Westlife performed on the show...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is still #36 today, I was afraid he would go down today so I guess thats good...

Right now I'm more concerned with the upcoming album, I hope it will perform better than this single, especially since the album sales are appalling recently. Plus, he said the other day he thinks about releasing Butterfly as the 2nd single, it would be wise to release another single before the album.

As for those big shows you mentioned, i doubt he has a chance since he is self-releasing everything. It would be perfect if he could get X Factor slot in the future, maybe Walsh and Cowell could back him up, at least for old times sake, those numerous times Westlife performed on the show...

I hope so, he get a slot, I was waiting for Shane's appearance on the show last year to promote his solo music, but it didn't happen.