Casualty 15th Nov: terrible direction!

alintonalinton Posts: 311
Forum Member
What on earth has happened to Casualty tonight?

Unusual direction, hammy acting, strange camera angles, etc.

Very amateurish. What have they done?

A.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's one of the advertised "film noir" standalone episodes.
  • alintonalinton Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    What- they get a 1st year drama studio to direct it?

It was bollocks. An hour of my life wasted when usually Casualty is such high quality.

Utter crap.
  • LancslassLancslass Posts: 438
    Forum Member
    alinton wrote: »
    What- they get a 1st year drama studio to direct it?

It was bollocks. An hour of my life wasted when usually Casualty is such high quality.

Utter crap.

Couldn't agree more.
    Rubbish.
    Spoilt Casualty for me.
  • filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tottaly disagree !..I think this was one of the best episodes of the series !...in fact this series is the best ever IMO !
    Forum Member
    They have some similarly good shows on the sci if channel. Might as well have been watching some US daytime to drama crap.
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    filmfan7 wrote: »
    Tottaly disagree !..I think this was one of the best episodes of the series !...in fact this series is the best ever IMO !

I've not watched casualty for years but caught the majority of the episode tonight and I thought it was really good. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A departure too far. Though Casualty often is at its most dramatic when set at night, I would rather they focused on the main show, especially after a week's break.
  • Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
    Forum Member
    Anything with Crystal Yu as the star is not rubbish
  • filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not watched casualty for years but caught the majority of the episode tonight and I thought it was really good. :)

Agree ! I don't know what people expect as sometimes the storylines arnt gonna be as good as other but tonights was really good ! ..the series just gets better and better ...mind the amount of car crashes in this series ! Holby must have a really bad accident record ! :)
    Forum Member
    Oh come on, it was utter rubbish!

Stupid arty blurred shots, lights flickering like some bad 1950s horror film, bad acting, characters out of character, scenes out of order, all stuff you don't normally see in Casualty.

It was as if some art student had just finished his first assignment and was allowed to direct a prime time drama show as his course set piece.

Very poor.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a shark was jumped.
  • mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoever wrote the script has no idea about intensive care which is a huge insult for those dedicated nursing staff in our hospitals.
    Firstly, intensive care is just that, intensive, one to one nursing. A patient is never, ever left alone. If they did their research, they would know this.
    So for a doctor to stand and talk to the detective for three or four minutes without anyone there is stupid.
    I didn't like the flash backs, we just needed to know the detective was the one doing the killing.
    Quite a messy episode.
  • zak_gzak_g Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    Just a couple of questions, what job does Rita do and what does this entail exactly? Also who did she take over? I do watch but I just keep stumbling over this!
    Thanks, zg.
  • ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    zak_g wrote: »
    Just a couple of questions, what job does Rita do and what does this entail exactly? Also who did she take over? I do watch but I just keep stumbling over this!
    Thanks, zg.

I'm pretty sure she's a band 6 nurse (a sister) whereas Lofty and the biggish girl are band 5s and Tess and Charlie are band 7s.
    She took over from Fletch didn't she?
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like a shark was jumped.

The Casualty shark jumped years ago
  • James2001James2001 Posts: 73,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I stopped watching Casualty when they started using a film effect back in 2007... by the sounds of it the visual quality of the show has only continued to get worse! They should be getting rid of the film look, not making it even more "arty"...
  • zak_gzak_g Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    ads84 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure she's a band 6 nurse (a sister) whereas Lofty and the biggish girl are band 5s and Tess and Charlie are band 7s.
    She took over from Fletch didn't she?
    I believe so, and thanks for that ads84 :)