Options

[Torchwood: Miracle Day] 'The Middle Men' - BBC1 9PM (UK Pace)

AndyAndy Posts: 1,618
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Last weeks episode has taken the crown for [highlight]first episode (of this series) to rank as 'Excellent' in the overall DS user poll[/highlight]. 36.64% of us thought 'The Categories of Life' was an 'Excellent' episode, while 33.97% thought it was 'good'. 6.87% thought the episode was either 'Poor' or 'Awful' - the lowest combined of any episode.

Will tonight's episode hold the momentum and impress again? I sure hope so! :D

As always, we will add a poll at the end of the episode. Enjoy the show!

[news]- IN PICTURES: 'The Middle Men' (spoilers)
- Ten Teasers for 'The Middle Men'
- Discussion: On Miracle Day, could the Doctor die?
[/news]

What did you think of that episode? 231 votes

Excellent
22% 52 votes
Good
32% 74 votes
Average
22% 52 votes
Poor
16% 39 votes
Awful
6% 14 votes

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, sorry to ask silly questions but where do the poll numbers come from? Only reason I ask is that the poll attached to the post in these forums for Categories of Life doesn't seem to match up, especially the 'poor' or 'awful' figures which would have been closer to 14%?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Posts: 1,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, sorry to ask silly questions but where do the poll numbers come from? Only reason I ask is that the poll attached to the post in these forums for Categories of Life doesn't seem to match up, especially the 'poor' or 'awful' figures which would have been closer to 14%?

The figures are taken from that poll at the time of writing - this was written up last night and made live this afternoon. As the polls don't close, it's possible others have decided to vote. :)
  • Options
    BizzaBizza Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who ya gonna call!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The dead area is that where u can actually die?
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WTF happened to Gwen?
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,965
    Forum Member
    I thought people couldn't die. Yet suddenly everyone's saying cremated people are dead. Makes sense that being cremated, blown apart or atomised would kill you but they never said that was happening at the start.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew that was coming torturing him with the key !! Oh god Esther as well!!Bit gory this week!Bring it on!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Sigh .. how hopelessly stupid are all these people ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wheres Captain Jack this week ? Doing Tonights the Night?
    He's hardly been on!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These have to be the most stupidest people the world has ever known! lntelligence services? ... yeah right. Groan!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All of Torchwood are zombies. That can be the only reason why they are acting like the braindead
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry sacrifice your mam Gwen you cant let them have CAptain Jack!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 231
    Forum Member
    *Loud Explosions*

I guarantee that's the most exciting thing to happen to Cowbridge since the W.I. jam sale used bananadine instead of banana...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SinSeer wrote: »
    All of Torchwood are zombies. That can be the only reason why they are acting like the braindead

That would explain it. :D
  • Options
    steven87gillsteven87gill Posts: 1,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good Ep.

Though It does feel a bit too much like they've borrowed from COE with the whole 'Jack Is Responsible' theme.
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't think this episode was bad. Yes, it was slow and not much happened, but I still quite enjoyed it.
    Looks like we'll be getting a flashback episode next week.
  • Options
    BatchBatch Posts: 3,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been critical in the past, but that was a good episode (bad Gwen acting in the last scene aside).

It still feels a little strung out in terms of plot development, but I like the fact the Chinaman jumped. It makes it seem as if some big dark secret is just around the corner, one that makes eternal darkness that unconsciousness seem more attractive than everlasting life.

Less chuffed with the spoilers that are shown for next weeks show. I didn't get to the remote in time.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From a preview I thought Jack was supposed to be action man tonight?
  • Options
    Kayjay2405Kayjay2405 Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit slow for me tonight, rated it 'average'. Next week looks better, more about Jack, he's hardly featured so far.
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the overall storyline and mystery surrounding the miracle is fascinating. It's just that it's being revealed veerrrrry slowly.
    Saying that, I can't wait to find out what the blessing is etc...
    Episodes 9 and 10 will probably be the best of the series.
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,965
    Forum Member
    Sorry sacrifice your mam Gwen you cant let them have CAptain Jack!!!
    Years of loyalty gone down the pan then. After a good start the series has gone to the dogs. Blondie is more than useless too.
  • Options
    UlfgeirrUlfgeirr Posts: 3,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that was very good. Aside from the stupidity of some of the characters, it was tense and kept my interest throughout. I liked how that PhiCorp man made Jack realise his assumptions were not as they seemed and I finally feel some sympathy towards Rex (although only a little).
  • Options
    Banana RamaBanana Rama Posts: 3,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i am really enjoying this show, love the characters, captain jack in particular, i enjoyed this episode...............
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    They really laid the holocaust angle on thick, didn't they? If you want to play the sympathy angle, they shouldn't patronise the audience....

It's great that someone can blow a place up and then just ride away on a motorcycle....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from Jacks dinner conversation another aggrovatingly padded-out episode.

Lack lustre writing, lazy extended dialogue. They are building this up so much they had better have some earth shattering conclusion.

What can be so bad that a Chinese spook would jump off a building after seeing it? Really?

A conveniently unlocked storage area containing explosives in a medical triage compound? Right....

Rex running around in a supposedly high security compound for hours on end in plain sight with a camera and no-one spots him? Seriously?

What was the point of Esther's long-winded office scenes? They served no real purpose.

Rex and Esther screwed up so badly they had to be saved by Private Pile from an unhappy office clerk with a loaded ballpoint? Wow, this is the future of Torchwood?

So frustrating :)