Well, the Lefties are going to get what's coming to them

2»

Comments

• Options
    allafixallafix Posts: 20,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjne wrote: »
    People's lives are going to get worse as a direct result of Left-leaning voters' tactical votes unravelling.

How can this be anything other than such voters bringing pain upon others?

This is all a direct result of the demonisation of a party which tempered the very things they rail against.

But hey, if you want to call that nasty, and not accept that the Left have done this to themselves, feel free.

The truth hurts.
    Labour didn't demonise the LibDems. They criticised them supporting the Tories against most of their own principles. The collapse of LibDem support is entirely of their own making, nothing to do with Labour or its supporters.

Your analysis is utterly flawed and totally vindictive.
  • Options
    Fixit AgainFixit Again Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    Righties can be unemployed, disabled, have children
    Yes, and they will be duly cared for under a fair government.

Perhaps tomorrow Miliband and Balls will have a better understanding of unemployment vs dependency.

They failed you badly, don't make the same mistake again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A centre party that was not committed to anything like the level of cuts as the Conservatives.

Yet they, in the full knowledge that the alternative in their constituency was a Conservative, let the latter in.

Ergo, their fault. They clearly considered unfettered Right to be preferable to Centre/tempered Right.

Lack of pragmatism never ends well.
    That makes no sense comapared to your previous posts in this thread.

Who is "they"?

Are you posting drunk? That never ends well either.
  • Options
    jjnejjne Posts: 6,580
    Forum Member
    allafix wrote: »
    Labour didn't demonise the LibDems. They criticised them supporting the Tories against most of their own principles. The collapse of LibDem support is entirely of their own making, nothing to do with Labour or its supporters.

Your analysis is utterly flawed and totally vindictive.

And yet still it stands that, if the exit poll is correct, Left-leaning voters in LD seats have handed the Tories a near majority. That is an unarguable fact.

Any actions by the Conservative Party, without a tempering influence, are enabled by that fact.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, and they will be duly cared for under a fair government.

Perhaps tomorrow Miliband and Balls will have a better understanding of unemployment vs dependency.

They failed you badly, don't make the same mistake again.
    Well that fair government won't be a right wing Tory led coalition, that's for sure.

Few prefer unemployment to a decently paid job. But when the choice is stay on benefit or take a low paid job that won't cover your outgoings what do you expect people to choose?

Five more years of welfare cuts and grossly unfair benefits sanctions is going to make a lot of people who have few economic choices very much worse off.

I don't understand where you get the idea that Labour prefers people to be on cushy benefits rather than working and contributing to the economy.

What exactly is unemployment vs dependency?
  • Options
    Kel'ThuzadKel'Thuzad Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I voted Cannabis is Safer than Alcohol so I'll light up a big **** off Dutch Tulip...and all will be right in the world even with Tory scum in power.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allafix wrote: »
    Well that fair government won't be a right wing Tory led coalition, that's for sure.

Few prefer unemployment to a decently paid job. But when the choice is stay on benefit or take a low paid job that won't cover your outgoings what do you expect people to choose?

Five more years of welfare cuts and grossly unfair benefits sanctions is going to make a lot of people who have few economic choices very much worse off.

I don't understand where you get the idea that Labour prefers people to be on cushy benefits rather than working and contributing to the economy.
    It's because people on cushy benefits rather than working and contributing to the economy prefer Labour. See DS politics form for greater clarification.
  • Options
    heskethbangheskethbang Posts: 4,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kel'Thuzad wrote: »
    I voted Cannabis is Safer than Alcohol so I'll light up a big **** off Dutch Tulip...and all will be right in the world even with Tory scum in power.

Lovely stuff....remember all narcotics leave their mark in one form or another. Enjoy!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kel'Thuzad wrote: »
    You sound like you're a great asset to society, cannabis has obviously not damaged you at all.
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While the Conservatives are likely to stay as government they surely won't last very long.

Unless they actually do have a majority of course (unlikely)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And yet still it stands that, if the exit poll is correct, Left-leaning voters in LD seats have handed the Tories a near majority. That is an unarguable fact.

Any actions by the Conservative Party, without a tempering influence, are enabled by that fact.
    Everyone knew the LD vote was going to collapse. Why should Labour voters decide en masse to vote LibDem, when LibDems won't vote for themselves? Why not the disaffected Lib Dems voting Labour to achieve the same end, defeat the Tories? By definition, if it was an LD seat and the Tories were second, that puts Labour voters in third, so not in a position to swing things.

And you are ignoring the effect on Labour of losing seats to the SNP.

Do you really think it would have been credible for Labour to campaign for their voters to support the LibDems in LibDem seats where the Tories were second?

And, for the third time, why doesn't it matter to you and yet the outcome pleases you so much?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »
    While the Conservatives are likely to stay as government they surely won't last very long.

Unless they actually do have a majority of course (unlikely)
    Your're right, five years I reckon before they have to ask the people to decide on their fate once again.
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your're right, five years I reckon before they have to ask the people to decide on their fate once again.

I'm thinking it's more likely to be September.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EDIT: Why bother.
  • Options
    SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Somebody clearly looking for a ban, good luck with that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's because people on cushy benefits rather than working and contributing to the economy prefer Labour. See DS politics form for greater clarification.
    That's not an answer to the question I asked, and you can cut the sarcasm. DS politics is full of generalisations like that. People talking about benefits scroungers and so on. Meanwhile most people on benefits are employed, and therefore not scrounging.
This discussion has been closed.