Options

I'm amazed Jack has turned it around so much !

Maxine_RochMaxine_Roch Posts: 5,193
Forum Member
2 weeks ago he was the most disliked housemate by far on these forums but he's managed to turn it around ( not for me) with people on here . Can I ask what he's to change opinion all of a sudden cause I'm a bit lost :confused:

Comments

• Options
    Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me it's because he's the best of a very bad bunch
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    His loveable buffoon side has been pushed forward and his sly bitchy side has taken a back seat, in general.
  • Options
    BluescopeBluescope Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me it was the hotel task. He worked his little socks off that week trying to be nice to everyone and do the task. All he got in return was abuse from Joel who did nothing but lay around all week. He was then made to look the scape goat by BB for eating when 2-3 of them eat before Jack did and failed the task in other ways.. For a while BB did a few things to jack which seemed really unfair.
  • Options
    FunboyFandangoFunboyFandango Posts: 1,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He won it in the beginning by appearing to be down to earth and simple, then lost it after his bizarre rants at Simon, entitled attitude and constant moaning, then won it again after the bashings he took on the hotel task and from Chloe humbled him, and now he's lost it again after surviving a few evictions and letting it go to his head.
  • Options
    KollKoll Posts: 3,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    His loveable buffoon side has been pushed forward and his sly bitchy side has taken a back seat, in general.

Simon being evicted helped him as well. He wasn't in the clique so Jack had no problem bossing him about or voicing his displeasure about being nominated by him. I wouldn't have minded Simon staying in longer just so we could have seen more of Jack's true colours.
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's just very normal.
    He seems very loyal to his friends.

he's quite amusing in a victor meldrew kind of way.
  • Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've liked him since week 2 so can't really answer, I don't know why he has had such a turnaround, his grumbling has always made me laugh :D

Could be due to other good HMs leaving.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koll wrote: »
    Simon being evicted helped him as well. He wasn't in the clique so Jack had no problem bossing him about or voicing his displeasure about being nominated by him. I wouldn't have minded Simon staying in longer just so we could have seen more of Jack's true colours.

That and the clique taking a step away from him when they realised he wasn't overly popular. Whilst in for them he showed his 'other side' as it were. He hasn't been consistent through the series.
  • Options
    benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    short attention spans (ROLLEYES)
  • Options
    TaytoTayto Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's just very normal.
    He seems very loyal to his friends.

he's quite amusing in a victor meldrew kind of way.

I've always liked Jack and could never understand the awful things posted about him. He has a normal job, lives a normal, life loves his football like any lad his age. He has done well and is a Supervisor at his job which leaves him trying to take charge at times but that is just a natural response if he thinks things are not working well.
    He talks a lot when he's nervous or excited about something and did on occasion blather a lot but as a mother of 3 sons that just made me like him more.
    Most anti Jack threads are tagged with fat words.................how dare anyone be fat? >:(

He turned down the car and it was the right decision at the time and BB knew that. No one would have taken it that early in the Game but as a result he was accused of being big headed.
    I would love to see the perfect Housemate who never makes mistakes inside or outside the house, who is perfectly thin but how dare they be too thin, who helps out in the house but how dare they do too much because they're only doing it to avoid nomination, who has fun but how dare they because they're only looking for air time, who reacts when they're called nasty names but how dare they because it's only banter. It's ok to be nice but how dare you be nice if your Father isn't too nice. It's ok to have friends and lovely if you mention they're names but be careful in case that name sounds like Conor, is there only 1 Conor in the world? :confused:

They must entertain us even though they've been on rice & beans for a fortnight (and have to beg for food as we saw on live feed on Friday night) because it suits BB to keep them hungry to play more money games.............etc etc etc

We are too critical of human beings who are heavily edited to suit whatever agenda has been decided by production.
    Good luck to the winner who ever it will be, each and every one of them deserve it after what they've been put through this series. It was nasty in the extreme.
  • Options
    4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »
    That and the clique taking a step away from him when they realised he wasn't overly popular. Whilst in for them he showed his 'other side' as it were. He hasn't been consistent through the series.
    He's firmly in the clique though.
  • Options
    ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    You're a funny bunch on here! He's only liked so people can have an excuse to slag off Chloe.

His real true fan is TeePee who has supported him from day one.
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4troy7 wrote: »

I keep seeing talk of 'the clique' on these forums but, to be honest, having only been watching since last Sunday I've seen no evidence of one. I'm quite liking Jack, he seems uncomplicated, a bit of a doofus, but generally a good egg. He seems to spend more time with Nick & Joel than Chloe & Danny who I thought were supposed to be the other clique members?
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    For me it was when the bunker housemates tried humiliating him....the 200,000 twitter followers, the message from a fan. Seeing them tittering at him, and then seeing how well he took finding out that it was a wind up, made me respect him.
  • Options
    *~TeePee~**~TeePee~* Posts: 2,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never stopped loving him! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4troy7 wrote: »

The clique has fallen apart to an extent now the prize is close. It doesn't really exist as much at all.
  • Options
    ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually don't see him to have changed that much. We still see the grumpy side to him now and yet he's now liked for it compared to a few weeks ago.

BTW, I do actually like Jack and could never understand the bad comments he was getting when there were so many people posting things all over the forums and on Facebook saying to vote him out the week that Marc was evcited.
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benbeez1 wrote: »
    short attention spans (ROLLEYES)

I think this, in a way.

I was fooled for a week, but then when he started bitching with the clique in the bedroom last Friday - I realised he had been keeping that side quiet to gain favour again with the public.

I still think he is hilarious sometimes, but seeing as he already has 23k... I think it would be fair for somebody else to win the whole thing.
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're a funny bunch on here! He's only liked so people can have an excuse to slag off Chloe.

Is he only allowed one true fan then ?
    I like jack too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can criticise Chloe without becoming a Jack fan, thank you very much! :p:D