Options

Does everyone agree Celebrity Big Brother 4 was the best one?

marsha_Cutiepiemarsha_Cutiepie Posts: 9,721
Forum Member
I have just finished rewatching the series - and honestly its for me the best CBB ever. The producers must have been just :o:o:o:o:D:D:D:D when they watched it all unfold, for me the best cast ever Pete Burns absolute demon but best tv ever, George Galloway revealing all politicians are abolutely insane egomaniacs, the faded star in Michael Barrymoore desperate for public acceptance, and the innocent romance of Chantelle and Preston. And the best fight night (and I will even say better than civilian BB5 fight night coming a close second) here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OFEHa_HQuo, if you havent seen this and are a BB fan please watch! Do folks agree?

Comments

• Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably.
  • Options
    HughOSHughOS Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was amazing. So twisted and dark sometimes, certainly not for some of the faint hearted viewers these days with Ofcom on speed dial if a housemate so much as farts in the direction of another. All the C5 CBBs have been pretty top quality though tbf especially CBB9, CBB10. CBB13, CBB15. But yeah CBB4 is probably the best ever.
  • Options
    bb2011fanbb2011fan Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me personally CBB13 is the best CBB ever. CBB4 is a close second to it
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me, yes. Followed by CBB13.
  • Options
    Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    Loved cbb4. To me they should have managed cbb 5 as they managed cbb 4, but were too arrogant to do so. >:(
  • Options
    mintbromintbro Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    Cbb3 will always be my favourite with cbb4 a close second.
  • Options
    teenage-monkeyteenage-monkey Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CBB4 is the best, followed by CBB10.
  • Options
    cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CBB4 was by far the best for me. George Galloway pretending to be a cat was both cringeworthy & hysterical in equal measure.:D
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, good moments but the winner was decided on the opening night as Davina exclaimed wouldn't it be amazing if the non-celebrity won celeb BB.

The first one was best.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    I just watched that clip ..................I'd quite forgotten. Oooooooooh the drama - it's something to do with the production- the way it's edited - it's just slick and plastic nowadays - all clipped and manipulated. That was 'proper' and 'proper uncomfortable'.

Good stuff!!
  • Options
    FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's my favourite series out of the entire BBUK franchise. A series I could never get bored of re-watching.
  • Options
    gkabcgkabc Posts: 2,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, CBB4 had everything a person could want, including Jimmy Saville.
  • Options
    Dreamer07Dreamer07 Posts: 441
    Forum Member
    2006 was a good year for bb
  • Options
    kirbyreedkirbyreed Posts: 1,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's definitely my favourite celeb series. probably my second favourite series ever after bb6.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    Yes - apart from the ludicrous final result. Those were the days, when we had intelligent, witty, interesting conversation, especially on the late-night live feed, after the children had gone to bed. Fascinating characters, unlikely alliances. Great stuff.
  • Options
    aaliyahmanaaliyahman Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    The last two CBB's have been phenomenal though. leslie and Frenchie!?!?

perez v everyone!?
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    CBB4 followed by 15, 14 and 6 for me.
  • Options
    D*****D***** Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hard to disagree that CBB4 was the best. Absolutely golden TV and Celeb BB's were a bit of a novelty back then still.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, good moments but the winner was decided on the opening night as Davina exclaimed wouldn't it be amazing if the non-celebrity won celeb BB.

She still had to go out and win it. Not every non-celeb HM could have done so well. And the showmance worked in her favour (not often the case these days).
  • Options
    StephenHKentStephenHKent Posts: 1,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mintbro wrote: »
    Cbb3 will always be my favourite with cbb4 a close second.

If cbb3 had Jackie Stallone and John mc cririck, I agre!
    It had just the right amount of innocence (kenzie) and cynicism ( caprice ) and a nice reconciliation at its heart (Jackie and brigitte)
    And the arguments between John and Jackie were priceless.
    Cbb4 was all evil.
    So this was 2005/2006? Ten years ago! I'd say civilian bb was peaking then too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking at the list on Wikipedia to remind me, I'd say cbb dipped in quality between Series 6 and 8, so 2009-2011, and then recovered. To me, these are also the weakest civilian bbs too ...?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally (!), the casting for the last three has been pretty sensational. From Lionel Blair to Perez Hilton is quite a journey! I give ch5 credit, the series is on an upwards path.
  • Options
    marsha_Cutiepiemarsha_Cutiepie Posts: 9,721
    Forum Member
    lulu g wrote: »
    Yes - apart from the ludicrous final result. Those were the days, when we had intelligent, witty, interesting conversation, especially on the late-night live feed, after the children had gone to bed. Fascinating characters, unlikely alliances. Great stuff.

The first one was best.

I think Chantelle was a worthy winner. I agree it would have been hard for a celebrity to beat the nice girl done good. But she was very genuine, I admired the way she stuck up for herself on fight night especially against the likes of Denis Rodman and George who would have been very intimidating, and the romance for me between her and Preston was sweet although he proved to me a complete **** after. Pete was right he was a ******.

My winner would have been Pete, he is my favourite BB contestant ever, and just golden tv, there has been noone who could cut folks down with a single swift ascerbic put down like him! He was the complete and utter puppet master, and pot stirrer but he made and created the best tv! Chantelle though would have been my second choice, I thought she did really well, dont like her now though, she completely changed.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    I think Chantelle was a worthy winner. I agree it would have been hard for a celebrity to beat the nice girl done good. But she was very genuine, I admired the way she stuck up for herself on fight night especially against the likes of Denis Rodman and George who would have been very intimidating, and the romance for me between her and Preston was sweet although he proved to me a complete **** after. Pete was right he was a ******.

My winner would have been Pete, he is my favourite BB contestant ever, and just golden tv, there has been noone who could cut folks down with a single swift ascerbic put down like him! He was the complete and utter puppet master, and pot stirrer but he made and created the best tv! Chantelle though would have been my second choice, I thought she did really well, dont like her now though, she completely changed.
    I completely disagree on Chantelle. I couldn't stand her - neither her personally nor the fact of her - but I do share your view of Pete Burns. He's so intelligent and quick-witted.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking at the list on Wikipedia to remind me, I'd say cbb dipped in quality between Series 6 and 8, so 2009-2011, and then recovered. To me, these are also the weakest civilian bbs too ...?

I agree. IMO there was only two great series of CBB on C4 and they were CBB3 and CBB4. We all know what happened with CBB5 and it followed by IMO poor CBB6 and CBB7 (but I did love the Tree of Temptation), then C5 took over and had a poor CBB8, but then IMO, it's been up from CBB9 onwards, with the odd declines with CBB11 and maybe CBB12. But CBB9, 10, 13, 14 and 15 I thought were great.

CBB is better on 5 and they have struck really lucky especially with the cast... I mean CBB13 with Jim, Luisa, Lionel and Lee, CBB14 with Gary, Frenchy and James and CBB15 with Perez. In the final years of C4 CBBs we had some very bad HMs in terms of actual celebrity and quality. At least with 5, lesser HMs like Frenchy provided something.

Despite al of that, regular BB, there is no comparison, C4 was much better, by like 4000 miles.