The 'I Can't Wait for Series Ten' Thread

hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
Forum Member
Hiya!

I can't wait for it all to start! We've nearly made it through the hiatus! :p

The show will be starting in less than two months now, and I imagine we'll be seeing the first trailer in about a month.

The run-up to Apprentice season never fails to excite me :D

OMG CAN'T WAIT!

Comments

• george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    As I've said before, I think that Series 10 will be the series used by the BBC to determine whether it is worthwhile commissioning more series. This is the first time in a good few years that a series has been broadcast prior to the next one being confirmed. So if we want a Series 11, I think we should encourage everyone to watch it and show the BBC it's worthwhile.
  • winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I Can't Wait for Series Ten! I'm so excited I just can't hide it.

I think the long wait has made the return more exciting!
  • hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    As I've said before, I think that Series 10 will be the series used by the BBC to determine whether it is worthwhile commissioning more series. This is the first time in a good few years that a series has been broadcast prior to the next one being confirmed. So if we want a Series 11, I think we should encourage everyone to watch it and show the BBC it's worthwhile.

I've kind of changed my opinion on this matter. I think it's definitely going to be recomissioned unlees Series 10 nosedives. TA is still one of BBC's most popupar shows, and it's ratings aren't that much lower than they were at the show's peak.
    winter99 wrote: »
    I Can't Wait for Series Ten! I'm so excited I just can't hide it.

I think the long wait has made the return more exciting!

I agree - but the wait has actually been much shorter than I thought it would feel - it doesnt seem like long sincr we were gearing up for Series 9 - I'm very excited nonetheless. I loved Series 9, so if Series 10's like Series 9, they're winning with me! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've kind of changed my opinion on this matter. I think it's definitely going to be recomissioned unlees Series 10 nosedives. TA is still one of BBC's most popupar shows, and it's ratings aren't that much lower than they were at the show's peak.

I think it has got to the point where it doesn't matter so much since so many people make use of iplayer and other on demand services that more and more those viewing are counted as well as the live viewing and if I remember correctly based on those figures The Apprentice is still doing almost if not quite as well as its peak numbers so I doubt we have anything to worry about. :D
    Forum Member
    I just wonder then why Series 11 hasn't been commissioned already?
    Forum Member
    I just wonder then why Series 11 hasn't been commissioned already?

Maybe they already have, and just never made a statement? Or maybe they just haven't got round to it yet, nothing deliberate :)
    Forum Member
    Maybe they already have, and just never made a statement? Or maybe they just haven't got round to it yet, nothing deliberate :)

How long do you reckon it will go on for? Of course, there may come a time that Alan Sugar doesn't want to do it anymore. He was 57 when he started, and he's now 67 and semi-retired. There may well come a point in the not-too-distant future when he decides that enough is enough, and he wants to retire completely.
    Forum Member
    How long do you reckon it will go on for? Of course, there may come a time that Alan Sugar doesn't want to do it anymore. He was 57 when he started, and he's now 67 and semi-retired. There may well come a point in the not-too-distant future when he decides that enough is enough, and he wants to retire completely.

I don't know. I think it will have about 12 or 13 series before LS pulls his plug, and I can't really see them recomissioning after he's gone... Maybe after a break though.

I still think he is very excited about the show, and is very energetic for a man who's going on 70. I think it will have at least two more series.

Although, people have mentioned another channel picking it up. That would be interesting. I think if any other channel bought it we'd get another 3 series at least, beyound the BBC run.
    Forum Member
    I don't know. I think it will have about 12 or 13 series before LS pulls his plug, and I can't really see them recomissioning after he's gone... Maybe after a break though.

I still think he is very excited about the show, and is very energetic for a man who's going on 70. I think it will have at least two more series.

Although, people have mentioned another channel picking it up. That would be interesting. I think if any other channel bought it we'd get another 3 series at least, beyound the BBC run.

I don't think I'd like it if another channel picked it up. If it did, I think I'd only watch it if the programme was significantly longer. We only get to see a minuscule amount of the tasks as it is; imagine how much less we'd see if they had to accommodate commercial breaks as well?
    Forum Member
    I don't think I'd like it if another channel picked it up. If it did, I think I'd only watch it if the programme was significantly longer. We only get to see a minuscule amount of the tasks as it is; imagine how much less we'd see if they had to accommodate commercial breaks as well?

I know, it would be dreadful to have an hour WITH ad breaks.i hope they'd do a 90 minute show. I'm not sure if Id watch it, it would probably become a lot more tacky on any other channel.
    Forum Member
    I know, it would be dreadful to have an hour WITH ad breaks.i hope they'd do a 90 minute show. I'm not sure if Id watch it, it would probably become a lot more tacky on any other channel.

I've actually said for a while that I'd like to change it so that either each task takes up a couple of episodes, or for there to be an extra edition for the hardcore fans showing more of the task (maybe if they had the latter, the extra one could be exclusive to the website)?
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gonna give the show another chance this year :D
    Forum Member
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    Gonna give the show another chance this year :D

Did you not watch last year?
  • tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't be long till it back now.
    Forum Member
    tomee wrote: »
    Can't be long till it back now.

I think it'll start on the 1st October.
  • grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really excited for the show to start again and I really hope it is recommissioned.
    Forum Member
    Maybe we should all send something to the BBC saying how much we like the programme? Like a communal Digital Spy letter? Could be a bit of encouragement ;)
    Forum Member
    Maybe we should all send something to the BBC saying how much we like the programme? Like a communal Digital Spy letter? Could be a bit of encouragement ;)

we should! :P
  • sausagesandwichsausagesandwich Posts: 2,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've actually said for a while that I'd like to change it so that either each task takes up a couple of episodes, or for there to be an extra edition for the hardcore fans showing more of the task (maybe if they had the latter, the extra one could be exclusive to the website)?

I would love this as well but it is unlikely they would undertake the extra costs of making more footage available unless there would be a significant increase in viewers or the additional material was on a subscription basis. Neither of these is likely, sadly.