Options

Joe Hart

linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anybody's understand why he would be dropped? Obviously the manager likes the new goal keeper which doesn't make Hart automatically a bad keeper. Wonder if he will be off to another club in the next transfer window? After yesterday's result I don't think Man city will win the title as the manager is not that great. They were very lucky to win it last season was only due to Chelsea beating Liverpool. :)

Comments

• Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he doesn't get that many games, he may well have to move to remain in international contention.

Can't envisage anybody buying him in January, but maybe on Loan, cause of his wages.

The Top 7 sides all have strong Keepers

Man City have Wally
    Liverpool have Simon Mignolet
    Chelsea have Petr Cech and Courtious
    Aresnal have Schzney and the new guy
    Everton have Tim Howard
    Tottenham have Hugo Lloris
    Man U have David de Gea.

A loan abroad maybe

Can't envisage Hart playing for a mid table side, most sides have a strong keeper anyway
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,718
    Forum Member
    Don't read too much into what was a preseason friendly yesterday, wait for the season to see what happens with Hart, especially as Cabellero wasn't amazing yesterday.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,718
    Forum Member
    If he doesn't get that many games, he may well have to move to remain in international contention.

Can't envisage anybody buying him in January, but maybe on Loan, cause of his wages.

The Top 7 sides all have strong Keepers

Man City have Wally
    Liverpool have Simon Mignolet
    Chelsea have Petr Cech and Courtious
    Aresnal have Schzney and the new guy
    Everton have Tim Howard
    Tottenham have Hugo Lloris
    Man U have David de Gea.

A loan abroad maybe

Can't envisage Hart playing for a mid table side, most sides have a strong keeper anyway

The new guy at Arsenal being Colombian David Ospina
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm fairly confident that Hart will nail down the number one spot, at City.

If he doesn't, I could see him at Liverpool.

Oh, and City weren't 'lucky' to win the league, last season. Nobody wins the league by getting lucky.
  • Options
    CoenCoen Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    The Charity Shield is really just a glorified friendly, I wouldn't read too much in to who started in goal. Or the result, for that matter.
  • Options
    The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    City have a new keeper and the perfect way to introuduce him to the English League is in a game that nobody cares about.

It gets him use to the sort of teams he will be playing against if needed.

City only won the league because Chelsea beat Liverpool and was lucky? Really?

They won the league because they was the best team in the league last season
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    After yesterday's result I don't think Man city will win the title

Why does that not surprise me? You do like your ninja-like* reactions to things.

Do you start writing out a will every time you cough?

*I was going to say Jedi-like reflexes but you're not cool enough for that. :)
  • Options
    pmbondpmbond Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a Malaga fan I may be biased but Caballero was (IMHO) the best goalkeeper in La Liga last year. He was Malaga man of the match many times on the malagafans forum. I and others were surprised that Argentina didn't take him to the world cup. He had a bit of a nightmare start yesterday though it has to be said. In Spain he had Willy on his shirt , I didn't think he would in England!
  • Options
    screammynamescreammyname Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    Anybody's understand why he would be dropped? Obviously the manager likes the new goal keeper which doesn't make Hart automatically a bad keeper. Wonder if he will be off to another club in the next transfer window? After yesterday's result I don't think Man city will win the title as the manager is not that great. They were very lucky to win it last season was only due to Chelsea beating Liverpool. :)

There is so much wrong with this post ,i'm not going to even bother getting involved in it.

All I will say is Joe won't be going anywhere, he will still be number 1 for england and for city.
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Manchester City didn't win the title just because Liverpool lost a match.
  • Options
    Skyclaw726Skyclaw726 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure if Ospina was fit he would have played in the Community Shield. I think many teams have used the Community Shield as a way of breaking in some new signings, I wouldn't take Hart not playing so seriously.
  • Options
    carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 9,047
    Forum Member
    They were very lucky to win it last season was only due to Chelsea beating Liverpool. :)

Luck doesn't come into it. And besides, Chelsea did the double over both teams anyway, so neither of them benefited from playing us.
  • Options
    SuperTed_SuperTed_ Posts: 164
    Forum Member

They weren't lucky. They won more points than we did. That's why they won the league.

Also - didn't someone say you tipped Liverpool for relegation a couple of seasons back?.. Not sure you're the best judge of footballing situations...
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey now, don't question the logic that decides the manager who just won the league won't win the league because he lost a Charity Shield.