The John and Edward Appreciation Thread (Part 19)

Comments

• DisnaeDisnae Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    rosemary wrote: »
    I've replied..but could do with more to back me up please.. :)

Its dead easy to register..took me seconds
    I'll reply Rosemary but I'm in the middle of making some parsnip soup . I'll do it in a wee while.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Schehera wrote: »
    Can someone please sign in and tell them what was really going on at the Alan Carr show http://t.co/m6r6by4U Letter: Sick of Jedward Yorkshireeveningpost.
    I've replied too, but very briefly. I'm not as good with words as some of you!:o
  • ScheheraSchehera Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you all , I can not comment on the letter because of my terrible english(I am german and I learned english 18 years ago in school & if I would not be interested in Jedward I would never speak or write or read something in english) &I do not want that the writter get the opinion that Jedward fans/supporter are uneducated and do not know how to use the english language
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Schehera wrote: »
    Thank you all , I can not comment on the letter because of my terrible english(I am german and I learned english 18 years ago in school & if I would not be interested in Jedward I would never speak or write or read something in english) &I do not want that the writter get the opinion that Jedward fans/supporter are uneducated and do not know how to use the english language

You could do a short reply - "I Like Jedward" or something like that. It all helps. And your English is OK!
  • woodlandswoodlands Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MarcPaulB wrote: »
    going out - but will respond later to the letter.

@woodlands - I think that by finishing 8th in Eurovision, Jedward proved themselves to be a lot more than just "kiddies favourites". Also, if you're a regular reader of this, their Appreciation Thread, you'll find here literate and informed discussion about them, from people of differing ages and nationalities.

I think they do deserve credit for coming 8th last year, but to be honest that was more to do with the "novelty" factor rather than their musical ability. Whether they could do as well again is debatable as their "act" has now been seen before and it is beginning to wear a little thin. It may not be enough to grab the oversea voters' attention like the first time round. I also find it a little difficult to believe that they have much of an adult following but, I will have to take your word on that. I know Ireland love them, so I'm sure they will go through to the semis with ease;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    woodlands wrote: »
    I think they do deserve credit for coming 8th last year, but to be honest that was more to do with the "novelty" factor rather than their musical ability. Whether they could do as well again is debatable as their "act" has now been seen before and it is beginning to wear a little thin. It may not be enough to grab the oversea voters' attention like the first time round. I also find it a little difficult to believe that they have much of an adult following but, I will have to take your word on that. I know Ireland love them, so I'm sure they will go through to the semis with ease;)

This is an AT, can this debate go elsewhere please? Obviously we all have plenty to say, but just not here
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sorry they have many adults as fans & not only Ireland loves them, they have many fans all around the world(Aia/Australia/Africa/Europe/USA/Canada...) who travell to Ireland just to see them(and sorry kids/or teens have not the money to travell behind them)

I am german&39 years old and a fan since ESC and I am glad that I know about John&Edward and that I was not so ignorant to judge them without to check them really out. Check out how they really are and you will be surprised

http://kijamedia.com/2011/12/jedward-victims-of-bullying/ http://t.co/Zh2Vxx2b http://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=jedward%20genius%20&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jedwardgenius.com%2F&ei=A6sFT7jGHNPB8QOeydiGBg&usg=AFQjCNHydf5kZ4BB4WnCDyDYVhYrpj2jjQ&sig2=51MxbnE46ULrkz3ihvC_ng&cad=rja
  • SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also find it a little difficult to believe that they have much of an adult following but, I will have to take your word on that.

:eek:

Hint: this thread is 100% populated by adult Jedward fans.
  • rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This is an appreciation thread, so not really the place to discuss this..but John and Edward have a huge adult following in Ireland, Europe and UK...people are travelling miles to see them in Dublin at the moment (even from as far as Canada and USA) and these people aren't children

I myself am 48 and chat to many other adult fans from all around the world on Twitter

They are loved by children, but they also appeal to teenagers and adults...and all their fans are very loyal to them
  • Who Am I?Who Am I? Posts: 20,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, I'm an adult ......... :(

but liking and supporting Jedward keeps me young at heart. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no1clothes wrote: »
    You could do a short reply - "I Like Jedward" or something like that. It all helps. And your English is OK!

I have commented
  • woodlandswoodlands Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I stand corrected:eek: Don't really get the appeal myself, but each to their own I guess;)
    Forum Member
    I have commented now too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    I suggest you do some research regarding John & Edward as your knowledge appears limited. You may not have noticed but the posters on here are fans.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InVy wrote: »
    http://www.oljo.de/jahrescharts2011-eurovision2011-singles.php
    here are german sales of eurovision acts from this year. not a lot, I think they have sold the same or more in Sweden.
    Thanks for this link, 2nd best selling single just after Lena, I think it's a pretty good result.

This is true, and about the "novelty act" let's remember that Eurovision is once a year, and if you ask me I can't remember too many acts from last year, maybe just Jedward, Lena because she won the previous year and the song of my country (Spain). I can vaguely remember some other acts like Blue, Eric Saade or the winners, but that's all.
    I don't think people in Europe would be tired of seeing the twins two years in a row. Anyway we have to see every year at least 3 or 4 typical Eurovision female singers, with their typical strong voices, their typical drama-faces and their typical short dresses :rolleyes:
    The twins have the strong point of being unique and I think that's what helped them last year to stand out of all the other acts even singing at the beginning of the final.

I'm gonna comment in the letter now as well ;)
    Forum Member
    Paddypower are taking bets on Jedward's finishing position in ESC and they haven't even done the Eurosong yet. :rolleyes:http://www.paddypower.com/bet/music/eurovision-song-contest?ev_oc_grp_ids=559523

They're 2/5 to represent Ireland today. I think it was 1/4 yesterday.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well they finished 6th with the professional juries, which were composed of music industry professionals such as singers, songwriters, record producers etc, suggesting their entry and performance had more musical merit than people might realise.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    here you can hear how amazing Lipstick is http://youtu.be/PYomgm0IxAw Lipstick Piano version
  • MarcPaulBMarcPaulB Posts: 4,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have responded to the letter now. Some good replies there. I wouldn't take any notice of the bookies' odds for ESC, they're just hedging their bets by shortening the odds. Don't forget they're there for profit, not to make an accurate prediction of who's going to win.
  • flowerduckflowerduck Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And I will never see 39 again *sigh* :eek:
    Forum Member
    flowerduck wrote: »
    And I will never see 39 again *sigh* :eek:
    me neither!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jedward poised to lose their lead. :eek:

http://www.virginmedia.com/music/awards/best-act-of-reality-tv-fame.php

Clickers required! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm on it. Did you get the PM I sent you?
  • metal boxmetal box Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've had enough of that poll now. I know joe has some fans constantly clicking, but it doesn't justify the way the numbers move at all. Im starting to think if they want it that much, they should just have it! Besides, the twins have enough coming up not need that award...especially eurovision. I dont know, i might feel different in a few days or so, but at the mo it just feels like a waste of time. (p.s im still clicking away when i think about it, just very half hearted) Maybe things will pick up again towards the end.

Anybody watching CBB's bit on the side? Quite a few Jedward name checks so far...including a shot of the hms finding Jedward statues (complete with wings) in the garden :cool: Im assuming its all a big lead in for the task thats meant to be coming up? I am hoping it will be them in person though, and not just the statues! Oh and lots of adverts for the wedding show too. They do seem to be all over the tv at mo...its great :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no1clothes wrote: »
    I'm on it. Did you get the PM I sent you?

I hadn't checked my PMs for a couple of days.

Following suggestions now.

Thanks! :)

@ metal box

I totally empathise!

But Team Jedward has shown that, when we make an all-out effort, we have superior fire power.

We have been clicking away for a couple of months now. It would be a shame to let all that effort slip away.

Best guesstimate is that there are about three weeks left for this poll (closed on February 1 last year).

It would be a nice prize for the Jeds (even though I agree that they have plenty of goodies already lined up for 2012).
This discussion has been closed.