Options

The X Factor 20 Series 3 - Live Show 4

Comments

• Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,104
    Forum Member
    TOUCH MY SKIN WITH YOUR BODY, LOVE IS TAKING OVER MEEEEEEEEEE!

Now yes its another Lawson song, but yes you just smashed it, I forgot how much of a fantastic song this is! Let's just say their albums on repeat tonight aha, good luck!
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well boys, first of all, I do apologize for giving you another Lawson song but I thank you for being understanding that it was out of my hands with this theme. Now finding another song by the same artist was a challenge but I wanted to give you an original in order to keep you fresh and that you can carry on bringing it to the table. You made it a fantastic performance and I enjoy working with you boys so much. Fingers crossed that with the next theme, we can find another great song but by a different artist next time.
  • Options
    NarutoFan100NarutoFan100 Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought you have done really well tonight guys. The vocals were there and it was as good as you could have gotten considering the theme.
  • Options
    ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great comments for Kingsland Road this evening. Next up, our final girl of this evening. I know we'd have all loved to see her take on the Fast Food Rockers but it wasn't to be! :( Singing 'White Noise' by Disclosure; it's ABI ALTON
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wRLdSrMhlA
  • Options
    EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abi I found it really hard to choose a song for you this week, I wasn’t really given any artists that suited you overly well. Conor did give us one male artist that could have worked, but there were literally no decent female versions to use. We somewhat reluctantly settled for Disclosure’s hit, and so took a bit of a risk. If it wasn’t for this twist, I would have never given you a Disclosure song, but you’ve came out here tonight and delivered that song the best you could. Your vocals were perfect, as was your guitar playing, and I’m really happy that you worked with such a difficult song so well. We have SO much more to give… So judges/public pleaseee keep in mind the difficulties me and Abi faced this week… and trust me that I’ve got so many songs I NEED to use with the girl :D KEEP ABI HERE!!! PLEASE.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm incredibly annoyed at this, the theme of this week is lucky dip challenge, the hint is in the challenge part, I'm sorry but there was hardly any men singing Cher songs, but I still worked around it, it took me about 5 hours overall of listening to pick my 4 songs, which is very long, I'm sorry but if you aren't going to stick to the theme it isn't fair on the rest of us, Kingsland Road had to sing Lawson again, I had to use One Direction again (despite me not wanting to use them at all), so I am very very disappointed in your mentor for this, if you aren't going to stick to the theme why do we have themes? I'm sorry if this seems quite rude, but it's not fair on the rest of us that we've all had to stick to the theme but it was just changed like that, if there's a lack of covers work to the best of your ability, like the rest of us do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abi, I've gotta be honest here in regards to tonight's choice. The rendition of the song was well suited to your style and it was very lovely and all. But at the same time, I think you need to start twisting it a bit cause you're starting to run the risk of being samey and that's not good. I'm not sure if the public will forgive you for the artist change, but I think it would be a real shock if you went this early.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »
    I'm incredibly annoyed at this, the theme of this week is lucky dip challenge, the hint is in the challenge part, I'm sorry but there was hardly any men singing Cher songs, but I still worked around it, it took me about 5 hours overall of listening to pick my 4 songs, which is very long, I'm sorry but if you aren't going to stick to the theme it isn't fair on the rest of us, Kingsland Road had to sing Lawson again, I had to use One Direction again (despite me not wanting to use them at all), so I am very very disappointed in your mentor for this, if you aren't going to stick to the theme why do we have themes? I'm sorry if this seems quite rude, but it's not fair on the rest of us that we've all had to stick to the theme but it was just changed like that, if there's a lack of covers work to the best of your ability, like the rest of us do.

It was Fast Food Rockers? I'm sorry, but that's not fair. Everyone else was given decent artists... the group I was given have NO credible music. You need to look at the wider picture... I don't think you're being very fair. Someone deliberately put them forward in hope of making it hard for someone... I didn't do that for anyone, nor did anyone else by the looks of things. I somehow doubt that you'd allow one of your contestants to sing a Fast Food Rockers song without putting up a fight :mad::(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abi

Not too sure tonight Abi. The song choice did suit you but it just wasn't anything spectacular which you have showed before. I can see great things for you but this performance didn't show that tonight
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'll add a bit about Abi as a performance, I didn't think it was well suited to her, I thought it was an alright choice, I just thought it didn't go anywhere, like some previous performances
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, not very good comments for Abi this evening. Anyway, over to our final Over 25 of this evening. Taking on Taylor Swift's 'Red'; it's RACHEL POTTER
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ib2ENOSqWU
  • Options
    Forum Member
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    It was Fast Food Rockers? I'm sorry, but that's not fair. Everyone else was given decent artists... the group I was given have NO credible music. You need to look at the wider picture... I don't think you're being very fair. Someone deliberately put them forward in hope of making it hard for someone... I didn't do that for anyone, nor did anyone else by the looks of things. I somehow doubt that you'd allow one of your contestants to sing a Fast Food Rockers song without putting up a fight :mad::(

If I had of got them I would have worked with what I had to try and make it the best performance possible, all 4 of my artists that i put forward were decent artists, but still very very hard to fit to any of my acts, I just think we would have given you sympathy had Abi of performed a fast food rockers song, it wouldn't have clouded my judgement as you would have stuck to the aim of the challenge
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachel

This time we went up-tempo to show you are quite versatile. Your vocals were really good tonight and i think you really bought it tonight in terms of a performance. Well done!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachel, I have to say that taking on a Taylor Swift song is a big ask, but I think you handled it very well. I'm beginning to see that this kind of style is where your mentor needs to keep on taking you down as it's got your name all over it. I hope it carries on to the next show, cause I'm starting to enjoy watching you grow in this competition. Well done.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I just say... Abi does have a lot more to give, it really was just the theme. She won the first week, was fourth last week, and I still have a lot more to do with her. This wasn't her best performance, but we're going to improve if you give us another chance :(

Anyway.... Rachel.

Rachel, I love this song. I enjoyed that performance, but I did find your voice to be quite strained tonight. I think if you had loosened up a bit, this would have been one of the best performances of the night. Your mentor has been great in catering for your country voice, and this week was no different. It was a well-suited song, and you did do a really great job. I think you’re going to go far in this competition Rachel… which is fine by me, because I love your country style :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rachel, I think tonight you've done a Girls United, you've gone from a fantastic performance to a much weaker one, I like you and you've done very well in the past, I just don't think this is anywhere near my favourite performance of yours.

I'm sorry but I think you need to step up next week
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Here to view. Favourites so far are Rachel and surprisingly Girls United!!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I had of got them I would have worked with what I had to try and make it the best performance possible, all 4 of my artists that i put forward were decent artists, but still very very hard to fit to any of my acts, I just think we would have given you sympathy had Abi of performed a fast food rockers song, it wouldn't have clouded my judgement as you would have stuck to the aim of the challenge

Well Disclosure hardly suits Abi... it was still a challenge. I spent a long time trying to find a cover that marginally suit Abi's style.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mixed comments this evening from our judges for Rachel. Now, for our penultimate performance of this evening; taking on Cher's 'If I Could Turn Back Time'; it's GILES POTTER
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd_7r567o4Q&feature=youtu.be

please note; this cover shows the arrangement again and not the voice that Giles will be using, that will be his normal voice, no YouTube covers demonstrate anything like his voice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    (I'm sorry if my comments sounded rude, I've always said that I won't hold back on any opinions, unforutunateky I didn't like the way that we all had to stick to the theme but others didn't, but my comments are in the best interest, not meant as a cheap dig)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pingu58011 wrote: »
    Here to view. Favourites so far are Rachel and surprisingly Girls United!!! :D

:eek: Thank you, Pingu! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    Well Disclosure hardly suits Abi... it was still a challenge. I spent a long time trying to find a cover that marginally suit Abi's style.

Yes but from what I've just been told, you had a choice of 4 artists to pick from, so you had 4 options? We had to use everyone given to us, where as you could pick who you didn't use, so that's why I think it's also unfair
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    :eek: Thank you, Pingu! :D

You are welcome. I actually really enjoyed it and thought it suited them very well. Did not understand the judges comments :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Giles, what a huge risk to take tonight. It's one thing to sing a Cher song, but it's another to turn it into a different style instead of the 80's original. But I really liked it and I thought it paid off very well for you. Well done on tonight and Mitch who I think were very good with the boys this evening. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    (I'm sorry if my comments sounded rude, I've always said that I won't hold back on any opinions, unforutunateky I didn't like the way that we all had to stick to the theme but others didn't, but my comments are in the best interest, not meant as a cheap dig)

Mitch, it's not a problem. We're judges of this game and so we're bound to have conflicting opinions. I respect how you viewed it as unfair, but in all honesty I did think it was unfair that someone gave me them. I did still have a challenge with Disclosure. And yes, I did have four songs to choose... and I consciously picked the more challenging artist to try and avoid comments like these.

Giles Potter

Giles I feel bad for you because obviously this twist meant that you had to sing a Cher song… hardly an artist that suits you. I can see that you and your mentor have really tried this week to find an arrangement of the song that works for you, and I think you’ve achieved what you set out to do. I could really imagine your voice going with that arrangement, so well done. It wasn’t your best performance, nor was it one of the best tonight at all… but you tried and worked with what you had.