Options

Lucie Jones

David WaineDavid Waine Posts: 3,413
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but I have just learned that Lucie Jones is on the West End stage, playing Cosette in 'Les Miserables'. As well as her modelling contract, it seems that her blatantly manipulated and thoroughly undeserved exit from last year's X Factor has actually worked in her favour. Good for her, say I.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is such good news to hear. :)
    The day Simon Cowell chose Jedward over Lucie Jones was the day the X Factor was exposed as not really being a "singing" competition.

Diane Vickers did well after her appearance in Little Voice and has gone on to have hits of her own.
    Hopefully Lucie will too.
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she had been doing this for about 6 months now and at one point was starring along side Nick Jonas. I agree things are going well. She was always one of my favourites. I follow her on twitter.
  • Options
    River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucie's been doing this a while now, good on her for making the most of the exposure she got on X factor. She was in a Sarah Jane Adventure too I believe. Anyone with any real talent, determination or charisma will get work after X factor no matter where they finish. I really do wish people would stop bashing Jedward over when she left the show. They did end up with a record deal and have been touring pretty much non stop since April you know. They aren't in competition with each other any more....they are even *gasp* friends.
  • Options
    dohboydohboy Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    River_Tam wrote: »
    Lucie's been doing this a while now, good on her for making the most of the exposure she got on X factor. She was in a Sarah Jane Adventure too I believe. Anyone with any real talent, determination or charisma will get work after X factor no matter where they finish. I really do wish people would stop bashing Jedward over when she left the show. They did end up with a record deal and have been touring pretty much non stop since April you know. They aren't in competition with each other any more....they are even *gasp* friends.

I read MrsSpoons post as a criticism of COWell rather than Jedward, and I agree it doesn't really matter who wins the show in the long run. Both me and my missus had actually tipped Lucie to win last year! But true talent will always succeed.

Having said that, Simon & Co's blatant attempts to manipulate the results each week by getting the more "entertaining" and news worthy acts through, in preference to the real talent, is old and boring and needs to stop.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Lucie was meant for the West End.

So was Joe McE. Hopefully he'll give up trying to be a pop star and realise that's what he's made for.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    I know Cowell said Aiden could do a Jennifer Hudson but I actually think Lucy had the potential to be the all round most successful x factor contestant.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucie's a great looking lass. I'm not surprised a modelling agency snapped her up.
  • Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scar123 wrote: »
    I know Cowell said Aiden could do a Jennifer Hudson but I actually think Lucy had the potential to be the all round most successful x factor contestant.

Oh dear Lord, when did he say that? I've heard of delusional but this?! This is downright lunacy and cowell should join Aiden in the madhouse immediately.

Anyway good for Lucie. Hope that somehow she puts something out as she may loose relevance singing wise as you know how music trends move so fast. LAst year it was electronic, a few yeas ago bands and this year I still haven't decided...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never warmed to the girl but glad she is doing well enough for herself.

Always thought she'd do better on an ALW Find A ... type show.