Options

Similarities between transformers and man of steel

clareiowclareiow Posts: 303
Forum Member
Just watching transformers revenge of the fallen on C4 tonight and was surprised of the similarities between it and Man of Steel -

Firstly, the alien enemy's interception of the televisions around the world saying "you are not alone" and to surrender the main character or else the world would end.

Secondly when the transformers are harvesting the energy from the earth and there's a gravitational pull.

I thought man of steel was kind of original but it wasn't ...

Comments

• Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I don't think Transformers was the first film where televisions around the world said something like that.

I wouldnt really compare them. I'm sure if you want to compare MoS to another film, there'd be better ones out there to compare it to.
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clareiow wrote: »
    I thought man of steel was kind of original but it wasn't ...

You'll find little originality in most forms of entertainment, the movie business is no exception. But lack of originalty doesn't necessariy need to impact on quality.
  • Options
    Stan MarinoStan Marino Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    I think the last forty minutes of Man of Steel goes all Michael Bay, when the superhero whose main thought is supposed to be to protect people decides to fight the supervillain by smashing up the entire city of New York with his head.

Prior to that there's a story, people you care about and a main female character who is capable of doing more than just bend over a motorcycle, so it's not very like Transformers at all.