Funny names

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    Aww is he named after Fieval the mouse in An American Tale? That's the only Fieval I've heard of:D

Yessssss! :D
    He's a Siberian Forest cat so thought a Russian name was appropriate and I loved that film when I was wee. :D
  • Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D I love that people have pets called Alan, Keith, Dave or Duncan. Makes me wish we had called our Westie Maureen. She actually looks a bit like a Maureen.

Her name isn't funny (it's Willow) but had my 8 year old daughter got her way she would have been called Rose. Rose Westie. :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yessssss! :D
    He's a Siberian Forest cat so thought a Russian name was appropriate and I loved that film when I was wee. :D

Aww I love that you chose a Russian name. Fitting, and with some thought behind it. :cool:
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We used to have a rabbit called Rachel. Nothing funny about that except it was a boy!

My kids were 5 and 3 when we got it and we'd thought we were getting a girl rabbit and when it turned out it was a boy I thought what the heck and kept the name, after all the rabbit didn't know.
  • TigerpawsTigerpaws Posts: 11,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My last dog was a black and white collie X border collie called Jethro. I have owned 4 cats previously called Sooty (black cat) (yes I was a small child when I named her). A tabby called Patrick. A black cat called Sybil and Sybil's daughter Wolfie. My current 2 cats are Harry (an oriental chocolate tabby) and Eliza a havana oriental.
  • beaglemumbeaglemum Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    Friend has a cat called 'stupid' he says its embarrassing at the vet when they call his cats name.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    beaglemum wrote: »
    Friend has a cat called 'stupid' he says its embarrassing at the vet when they call his cats name.

:D:D:D

That would be so funny. Especially if they called out the full name, complete with owner's surname, like they sometimes do at our surgery.
  • UncleLouUncleLou Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guy at our local park has a black and white dog that he called Domino.
    He's known as 'the condom man'.

"come Dom" "come Dom"
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    beaglemum wrote: »
    Does he wear a tee shirt that says "I'm with Stupid"?

Seriously, if my cat was called that (she often is when she deliberately walks under my feet), I would have a separate "external" name for things like the vets :)
  • JJ75JJ75 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    molliepops wrote: »
    People used to laugh at our late Duncan's name and now they laugh at Betty not entirely sure why they seemed like normal names to us :confused:

Duncan :D Seriously molliepops !!!!
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My gerbils have been through the torture of my naming them.

Previous incumbents include Brother Belly and Nailbar (Nails for short). And of course, there was Great Boo. Weird ones currently are Stormageddon and Yeti. Alas, poor Sausages died last week :(
  • Jessica LeMoneJessica LeMone Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    Our family pet dog is called Mr Dick :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Along with my Keeshond pup, Lila Van Der Loopy I meet in our local park , two Affenpischers called Reggie and Ronnie.
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    My friend has a kitten called Frank and a cat named Brian

I have two goldfish, a dark spotted,silver/gold one with a black eye called Long John Silver and a classic gold fish called Oliver Twist.

I like literary characters:p
  • Jessica LeMoneJessica LeMone Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    bbclassics wrote: »
    My friend has a kitten called Frank and a cat named Brian

I have two goldfish, a dark spotted,silver/gold one with a black eye called Long John Silver and a classic gold fish called Oliver Twist.

I like literary characters:p

So do I, we once called our dog David Copperfield which we eventually shortened to Dave. :D