Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    They havent got the horn bye bye end of series go home lol

Hell they were pulled out sooner than expected - Treguard saves the day :D
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bye everyone hope we will all meet in the next phase whenever that will be :)
  • blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on Challenge, check down the back of the sofa and get the few quid you need for series 3!
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe those girls have been cheated out of winning the game.....not fair....
  • darrenh2011darrenh2011 Posts: 2,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what a brilliant show until next spellcasting g-o-o-d-b-y-e
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe those girls have been cheated out of winning the game.....not fair....

Obviously when it was made citv had not confirmed a third series so they were in a real limbo and it was the only way out.
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no knightmare takeshi's castle takes it place on challenge :( fun house still on though :D
  • James2001James2001 Posts: 73,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last Fun House tonight :( I hope Challenge buy Series 3!
  • vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James2001 wrote: »
    Aw is this the last Fun House too? Am watching for nostalgia's sake and missing the prospect of Knightmare already.
  • davethorpdavethorp Posts: 8,701
    Forum Member

Series 4 was a lot worse. Team deep in level 3 and well on course to become champions only to be pulled out again due to time constraints. They were literally two or three rooms from the end and must have been gutted. After this they came up with little side quests for the final team to do to save the dungeon or knightmare castle rather than pull the team out. With the exception of series 7 with the legend that is Barry who won the game and was the final quest and series 8 where they chucked a player pretty much straight into level 3 only to pull them out a few minutes later

I really hope challenge pick up the rest of the series. Been a great year for knightmare and the time seems right for them to show it all the way through again
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems wrong to laugh but why did the car stop before the line?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davethorp wrote: »
    Series 4 was a lot worse. Team deep in level 3 and well on course to become champions only to be pulled out again due to time constraints. They were literally two or three rooms from the end and must have been gutted. After this they came up with little side quests for the final team to do to save the dungeon or knightmare castle rather than pull the team out. With the exception of series 7 with the legend that is Barry who won the game and was the final quest and series 8 where they chucked a player pretty much straight into level 3 only to pull them out a few minutes later

I really hope challenge pick up the rest of the series. Been a great year for knightmare and the time seems right for them to show it all the way through again
    I saw Barry "the legend" on the repeats recently :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davethorp wrote: »
    Series 4 was a lot worse. Team deep in level 3 and well on course to become champions only to be pulled out again due to time constraints. They were literally two or three rooms from the end and must have been gutted

Yep, first Friday evening in a while that I won't be watching Knightmare :(

I do find the situation confusing though, why wouldn't ITV just sell the rights to Challenge at any reasonable price? Surely they get nothing by not coming to an arrangement? I know that sometimes it can be difficult getting everyone involved to agree but as it's already been shown once I doubt that's the case.

Could it be that they are planning a dvd release and don't want it aired in a world of PVRs? Or is it simply that ITV have stock prices for these sort of things and aren't interested in negotiating?
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I seen the one that was on YouTube, has there been another one since then?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You will never get DVds of Knightmare. They dont care what the public wants.

A petition has been going since 2003 to get Knightmare on DVD and its still going.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, first Friday evening in a while that I won't be watching Knightmare :(

I do find the situation confusing though, why wouldn't ITV just sell the rights to Challenge at any reasonable price? Surely they get nothing by not coming to an arrangement? I know that sometimes it can be difficult getting everyone involved to agree but as it's already been shown once I doubt that's the case.

Could it be that they are planning a dvd release and don't want it aired in a world of PVRs? Or is it simply that ITV have stock prices for these sort of things and aren't interested in negotiating?

Firstly it's itv lol they sell the first few series of shows to Challenge then either they put the put price up or Challenge don't think the ratings were good enough, I'm thinking it's the latter as when they started the show its was shown three times Fri, Sat and Sun it soon dropped back.

Don't forget the company who made it went bankrupt so could be legal issues to overcome for both tv showings and DVD releases.

I will be enjoying Blankety Blank from Fri 8 hope a lot of people will be around to make comments on that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James2001 wrote: »

If you can watch series 3 on youtube whats the point?

Im suprised how much this thread has died since Challenge stopped airing them.

Couldnt people just watch a episode per week via youtube at 10pm on a friday?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bad news on Challenge Facebook page they have said the Friday night showings of Fun House and Knightmare didn't do well in the ratings at all, when they were repeated on Saturday's the ratings were better but apparently lots of people complained about Challenge showing kids shows on a Friday night.

Finders Keepers series 3 starts February 8 at 10am by the way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bad news on Challenge Facebook page they have said the Friday night showings of Fun House and Knightmare didn't do well in the ratings at all, when they were repeated on Saturday's the ratings were better but apparently lots of people complained about Challenge showing kids shows on a Friday night.

Finders Keepers series 3 starts February 8 at 10am by the way.

I despair of the UK public. No taste :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Challenge have no plans to buy further series of Knightmare :cry:
  • LittleGirlOf7LittleGirlOf7 Posts: 9,344
    Forum Member
    Challenge have no plans to buy further series of Knightmare :cry:

This'll mean we won't get to see the great warrior known as...Barry.
  • Alvar HansoAlvar Hanso Posts: 2,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    test!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Challenge have said on Facebook they are trying to acquire later series of Knightmare and Fun House but not Finders Keepers.

So keep an eye out maybe series 3 of Knightmare isn't too far off. :)
  • dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    Whats wrong with Finders Keepers?