What has happened to Holby City?

TLC1098TLC1098 Posts: 1,780
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I watched Holby tonight for the first time in a few months and I hardly know any of the cast!
I've never seen a show get so many new characters in a short period of time lol.

Comments

• -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    I think the idea is to watch every week, that way you'll know who everyone is ;)
  • Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    The new characters are weak and confusing I admit but it's the storylines that are the main problem for me.
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    I think the idea is to watch every week, that way you'll know who everyone is ;)

Be fair, the production is in crisis, incompetent EP, unlikeable characters and cast members, never missed an episode ever but tonight I switched over six minutes late and was gone by 8:10pm. I can sympathise with the OP's predicament, I don't recognise a few cast members as credible talents.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,249
    Forum Member
    There was a big period of change in the Autumn / winter with about 6 characters (Hansenn, Spence, Malick, Chantelle, Gemma and Chrissie) leaving and replacements (guy, Colette, Raf, Adele, Dominic, Zosia) being brought in. We also have a new recurring character (Amy who was prominent tonight) and new regular starting next week.

It isn't unprecedented - exactly the same thing happened in 2010 when approximately a third of the cast left and new characters were introduced to replace them. It doesn't seem as jarring if you watch each week to see the natural evolution of it though I think it is fair to say mot many of the new characters have proved to be very popular so far.
  • Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    Bring back Hansenn, Spence, Malick and Chantelle but NEVER Gemma and Chrissie!!!
  • wiggles247wiggles247 Posts: 48,088
    Forum Member
    In answer to the question posed in the thread title (rather than the further explanation in the OP's initial post - which has been answered really well already), so a more general opinion

Oliver Kent's seemingly never-ending quest to add 'spice' to the show is what's happened (and aren't we all suffering because of it?!)