Options

Thunder and lighting storm watch

Comments

• Options
    SupercellSupercell Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Still a lot more heavy rain coming up from the S tonight....not a very July like night rather more autumnal!

www.raintoday.co.uk
  • Options
    Dakota.Dakota. Posts: 10,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flique wrote: »
    It seems to have finished here in my little bit of Sussex, nothing for the last 15 mins or so. The dog has even come out of its hiding place, she hated it. Did other peoples pets freak out at all.

Our dog managed to sneak upstairs, now sound asleep in the bedroom next door. Wouldn't stop barking.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Raining here in Slough, a couple of rumbles thunder thats all. Looks like the fun is south and east to me :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,336
    Forum Member
    Dakota. wrote: »
    Is it? Hopefully the extra hours wait will be worth it then. Least it's not eviction night :D

housemates protesting is always good viewing. Still raining though!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not quite as dead as I'd thought! I hope it fizzles out soon though because I want to go to bed now. Much as I love storms they keep me awake.
  • Options
    Phil 2804Phil 2804 Posts: 21,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    top banana wrote: »
    Raining here in Slough, a couple of rumbles thunder thats all. Looks like the fun is south and east to me :mad:

Its wild in the vicinity of Heathrow, seems to be coming over from Feltham direction.

The weather definitely changed quickly as they swapped runways around 8-9 ish.
  • Options
    fliqueflique Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We are looking after my sons dog while he is away camping, I have never had any pets so I had no idea that storms made them anxious. I guess its a bit like fireworks.
    When it started she shot off into the bedroom and tried to get under the bed which was impossible as she is a GSD. She stayed there until it was all over and then came creeping out.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thundery activity ~ largely imported from France ~ has followed a pattern typical of recent times. Occurring from about Sussex Eastwards, then moving North East to include Eastern England and the London area.

They rarely seem to drift North Westwards on a SE breeze, these days. In my experience, that always brought the most violent and intense thunderstorms.
  • Options
    simonipswichsimonipswich Posts: 1,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thundering and lightning here in Ipswich, loud too!
  • Options
    louloubelle1978louloubelle1978 Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's started chucking it down heavily and more thunder for the third time this evening in hackney.
    Just when you thought it was all quiet...:D
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its pissing down now.
    Sky signals still on for now with 85cm dish but even this got knocked off in the last storm a few weeks back.
  • Options
    SuperSpursSuperSpurs Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Norf London is having some rain and thunder and lightning now. Had some earlier too but it's back!

As long as my internet doesn't go like the last big storm we had :rolleyes: Was watching Wimbledon on the Saturday and it was lovely, a few miles away here it was pitch dark and storming, was funny :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's gone now.

Time for bed!
  • Options
    DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    East kent coast is being pummeled!!! Some pretty impressive lightning!!
  • Options
    tommyd1258tommyd1258 Posts: 6,923
    Forum Member
    Pretty rubbish here, raining with a few flashes and rumbles.
  • Options
    DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    ok, thats the 3rd power cut!
  • Options
    tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    louloubelle1978louloubelle1978 Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :cool:

:eek:

Tornado's now?

Bloody hell the weather so far this year has been something else, what with snow, tropical lightening storms and now tornados:eek:
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Is it happening anywhere else?

Yeah probably somewhere around the world, if I had to take a wild guess. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its over head again but not as bad as before.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boom's and cracks and occasionally little kids crying outside earlier on near Reading. :) bless

the :) wasn't directly to the kids crying
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,455
    Forum Member
    thunder n lightning here
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gone quiet here in Dover now with the odd distant crack of thunder, Looking at the storm data on ilseofwightweather thats it but I think more could develop :/
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electric knocked out for a split second twice,Sky box was unaffected,was recording the two Criminal Intent episodes and planner shows them as recorded,no signal interruptions or anything listed. PC decided to reboot though. Thunder and lightning and a really heavy downpour for about five minutes but it's stopped raining and not doing anything now.
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    It was a lovely storm to watch. Not so nice having to walk home in it due to a right bastard of a bus driver refusing to stop.