BT Infinty to Airport Extreme

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 978
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi all

Can I just ask a few dumb questions.

I've got a BT Home Hub with Infinity. We've got Sky and an old Xbox 360 at home (I think they have wireless now don't rhey, mine doesn't) and want to connect them.

I've also got an old Airport Eztreme which I used to use as a router.

So, can I use this in parallel with the home hub (is this a bridge?) and connect the XBox and Sky box to the AE?

Is this a sensible way of doing this or are there better solutions?

Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    What model of Aiport Extreme is it? The really old roundish one or the flat boxy one?

You are probably better off doing away with the HomeHub and use the Airport Extreme as your access point. The infinity modem can connect to the Airport using the WAN port on the back of it.

You do need to type in some settings on the Airport extreme but they are pretty straightforward and will only take two minutes. I can give you them if you want.

I would just buy a couple of powerline adapters to connect your Sky box (which only works with Sky broadband anyway so no point in trying to connect it) and your Xbox.

Let me know if you want any further help.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't Anytime+ being rolled out to all ISPs with the new EPG?

The AE is the boxy one.

The powerline adapters look interesting, thanks.
  • malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,131
    Forum Member
    Pavster wrote: »
    Isn't Anytime+ being rolled out to all ISPs with the new EPG?

The AE is the boxy one.

The powerline adapters look interesting, thanks.

Anytime+ was opened to all ISPs earlier this year. Was part of the deal to get BBC iplayer on there as BBC demand neutrality. Same with Xbox live where iplayer is viewable without subscription.