Survivor 2299 - Fallout 4 hype?

RedundantRedundant Posts: 993
Forum Member
✭✭
I searched around for a thread and can't believe there isn't one yet! A couple of days ago this popped up.. http://thesurvivor2299.com/ the Morse Code was the date 11/12/13 as well as the count down leading to that date, but it's changed now to "Calling Any Station, Calling Any Station, Calling Any Station, This is/From OZ(Oscar Zulu), Please Wait" There is speculation that it's the announcement of Fallout 4. You reckon it's a hoax or will we all be please come 11th?

Comments

• Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was going to make a thread, I'm sure others did too, but there was some convincing evidence to suggest it wasn't a Fallout 4 announcement (I won't use the term 'hoax').

There's also the trademark, which seems to have got people all excited even more. They must have completely forgotten about Half Life 3 and Portal 3 trademarks....

Anyway, if it's announced on that day, amazing, if not, the wait goes on!
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    The domain was registered with godaddy.com & is hosted in Poland so it seems a little suspect. I hope that it does come to fruition and a Fallout 4 is in the works.

This is a good page which investigates it further https://docs.google.com/document/d/16l48SLc2y398UXw3WTX8on3Y3FNAD3yn9-nGY1iNKEY/mobilebasic
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skeptical - Yes
    Hopeful - Of course

If it is true, I can't see it coming out before this time next year. Possibly next gen only with an MMO to follow, a la Elder Scrolls.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Page has now updated with a new countdown for 5 days time with new morse code http://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/1rddp8/the_survivor_2299_speculation_and_hype_megathread/
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    My body is ready.
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooooh please! I was going to wait a bit for my XB1, but if this is true and the release date is anytime soon I'll be ordering ASAP.
    Forum Member
    If Bethesda history is anything to go by, this wont be out for at least a year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Guardian have a good article on the clues so far

The morse code that is played is this:

“NCRA UNIT BST 314 7 EMRG MSG NEW YORK STAGE 7 WASHINGTON STAGE 7 LOS ANGELES STAGE 7 AUSTIN STAGE 7 CHICAGO STAGE 7 NEW ORLEANS STAGE 7 LAS VEGAS UNKNOWN MIAMI STAGE 7 DALLAS STAGE 7 DENVER STAGE 7 SAN DIEGO STAGE 7 SAN FRANCISCO STAGE 7 BOSTON.”

Stage 7 is from the International Nuclear Event Scale, with Stage 7 being 'Major Accident'.

Maybe the new countdown timer is for a new partial reveal, maybe a map or something similar.
  • Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    Dan27 wrote: »
    If Bethesda history is anything to go by, this wont be out for at least a year.

The timing is right, I think. They've released a RPG every 3 years, with only Oblivion's release in early 2006 slightly later than usual.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    8:35 tonight, **** the x factor and be glued to that site :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    8:35 tonight, **** the x factor and be glued to that site :D

what happened? just went on the site and its a 9 day countdown
  • JonVonHeroJonVonHero Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    It's changed a few times over the past 24 hours - all listed here:

http://techraptor.net/2013/12/01/survivor-2299-nuclear-winter-come/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fingers, everything, crossed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So much code to figure out, if this isn't Bethesda hyping up to a Fallout 4 reveal, then I doff my hat to the people or person behind this.
    Forum Member
    My friend did a who-is on the domain and it seems like the owner is the parent company of..
    *drum roll*
    BETHESDA. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    Comes up as ZeniMax Media Inc. :)
    Forum Member
    Comes up as ZeniMax Media Inc. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZeniMax_Media

Yep.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's fairly easy to fake, according to the big reddit thread(s). But you would have thought Zen/Beth would have acted by now, they will be well aware of what's happening.

I would be very surprised if this game isn't well into development, and considering how much effort is being put into this ARG, I'd be quite surprised if it isn't genuine.

All we can hope is that it isn't for some crappy IOS game :p
  • Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dmuk wrote: »
    That's fairly easy to fake, according to the big reddit thread(s). But you would have thought Zen/Beth would have acted by now, they will be well aware of what's happening.

I would be very surprised if this game isn't well into development, and considering how much effort is being put into this ARG, I'd be quite surprised if it isn't genuine.

All we can hope is that it isn't for some crappy IOS game :p

Well we had TES Skyrim a few years ago, and Fallout has been pretty quiet for the last few years. Plus the new TES MMO is also good evidence that fallout will not be an MMO (one MMO is enough of a gamble). Plus in Eurogamer they posted some info about hiring for work at the studio, so looks like its already in teh works and we should hear a date for release.

Makes sense really, up to Marrowind, TES was never a big hit, big niche but thats it. Oblivion coming out as an early 360 game was a HUGE boost to their market impact. They know full well the benefit of getting a big name huge hitter out early in a consoles life, when the competition is really low and they may be one of the biggest titles on the format(s).

Will be great when it comes out, as much as I love TES, Fallout has that flare that I enjoy, a little more colour to the world.
  • HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please please let it be so!

Bethesda did rule out fallout 4 in the "near future" in June this year. The quote from them was confusing: "we arent into annual franchises",
    The last fallout (NV) was October 2010(But that was developed by Obsidian, Bethesda were the publishers) and F3 (developed by Bethesda) was October 2008.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still think Oct/Nov 2014. And if true this site will just be a reveal for that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Fallout 4 will have all the bells and whistles that Skyrim has on PC with Steam Workshop support. I'm not sure what the modding community makes of Steam Workshop, I personally like it's easy accessibility and usability, although you can be sure if Fallout 4 has SW support 90% of all items uploaded will be Vault bikini skins.

Also it's funny how much different the development of the game is compared to The Witcher 3, which CD Projekt Red has pretty much happily shown off since the start while anything related to Fallout 4 has been contained in a bunker in an unknown top secret location.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Betheseda not going to VGX apparently, will be very interesting to finally find out what the site is next week.
  • 2FS2FS Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member
    Dry your tears people ;)