My Brother has gone Missing

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,560
    Forum Member
    Mollybe wrote: »
    Hi SoapyJo

I have just come home and rushed to the PC to see if there was any news.

I would just like you to know that there are a lot of people thinking of you, myself included.

Incidentally, I live about an hour away from Derby and would be glad to pick you up and drive you to your Mums if that helps.

Just say the word.

Thank you so much, you have no idea how much that means to me.
    It looks like my Step-Dad will be coming to get me, if he is up for driving, if not a family friend's daughter has offered to come and get me.

I'll put you on 'hold' though if that's okay?

Thank you ALL again.

Trying to hold myself together as my son is here with me, and it will upset him if he sees me upset.
  • The screamThe scream Posts: 2,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope he turns up soon safe and well. Will let some of the folk at leeds Met know, so they can spread the word too x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jo just saw this thread. I can only begin to imagine what you and your family are going through right now. Hope your brother is found safe and well very soon. Sending you much love and warm wishes. x
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have posted it to my FB Jo. Will repost it again tomorrow, just in case some of my friends don't see it tonight. x

I have joined the FB book but I don't know how to get it onto my profile - it hasn't gone on automatically - can someone please tell me so I can share....thanks.
  • jewels3057jewels3057 Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    Hi Jo - have been checking back a lot to see the latest news. Have just joined the FB page and posted on my profile.

My partner and I send our thoughts and best wishes to you and your family.xx

**Also would like to add support for Mods to sticky this thread - this will assist Jo and her family to get the word out**
  • *weeschmoo**weeschmoo* Posts: 9,713
    Forum Member
    I have no idea what the hang to say I have been reading this thread since it was started and checking all the time for any news, I cannot begin to imagine the worry and strain you going through. I feel for you.
  • parsleyisfunparsleyisfun Posts: 4,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Jo - just wanted to say, hope Stephen is found safe and well soon. I can't imagine the worry you must be going through, thinking of you and your family right now x
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello SoapyJo. I have only just seen this thread as our internet was down yesterday and I missed it before.

I just wanted to say how sorry I am to read about the awful time you and your family are going through right now. I am hoping (along with everyone else) that your brother is found very soon and that he is OK.

I also hope you get that lift soon so that you can be with your mum as it must be incredibly hard for you at the moment having to try and deal with it from a distance.
  • mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, may sound stupid but is anyone reading this part of the football forums and part of any local football forums, I'm just trying to think of maximum ways of local exposure, maybe football team forums etc. can offer new avenues of people who have missed our stuff so far?
  • superbabe69superbabe69 Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't post on this forum very often but I having been following this thread and hoping and praying that your brother turns up safe and well. My heart goes out to you and your family and friends and can't begin to imagine what you must be going through. I am sending you a massive hug. (((((()))))))) xxx
  • MurraymarMurraymar Posts: 4,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so sorry jo. My thoughts are with you and yor family. I hope he turns up very soon x
  • fleetfleet Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just wanted say I wish I could help but I live near London. But my thoughts are with you and your family and hope that he comes home soon.
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jo whats your twitter so i can help to retweet
  • PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    My thoughts are with you & your family, hope he gets found well & safe soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Forum Member
    Jo whats your twitter so i can help to retweet

<<<< Find it right there in the box : )
    Forum Member
    I've just posted this on my profile for all my fellow twitter users to post, if anyone would like to tweet this, I would be very grateful.

TWEETERS I HAVE SHORTENED THE URL FOR THE WEST YORKSHIRE POLICE APPEAL PAGE FOR MY BROTHER, PLEASE PLEASE TWEET THIS, NO MATTER WHERE U ARE IN THE WORLD, THANK YOU ALL PLZ >>>>> PLZ RT: Police urge taxi driver to come 4ward, he may have vital clues about missing 22 y/o Steven Johnson in Wetherby http://bit.ly/gLGYnN
  • LuverlyAJLuverlyAJ Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well love what can one say.
    I'm hoping and praying he is safe and well and soon back with your family xxx
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SoapyJo wrote: »
    I've just posted this on my profile for all my fellow twitter users to post, if anyone would like to tweet this, I would be very grateful.

TWEETERS I HAVE SHORTENED THE URL FOR THE WEST YORKSHIRE POLICE APPEAL PAGE FOR MY BROTHER, PLEASE PLEASE TWEET THIS, NO MATTER WHERE U ARE IN THE WORLD, THANK YOU ALL PLZ >>>>> PLZ RT: Police urge taxi driver to come 4ward, he may have vital clues about missing 22 y/o Steven Johnson in Wetherby http://bit.ly/gLGYnN
    Consider it done, Jo. Praying your brother comes home safe and sound. Much love.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    mathertron wrote: »
    Hey, may sound stupid but is anyone reading this part of the football forums and part of any local football forums, I'm just trying to think of maximum ways of local exposure, maybe football team forums etc. can offer new avenues of people who have missed our stuff so far?

That is a great idea, I have posted to mine, we get quite a few Leeds supporters on there so it may help. Worth a try anyway.
  • MissjefMissjef Posts: 2,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't read this and not add a message of hope, i really hope your brother returns safe & sound, i just wanted to add, i know a lot of people have suggested leeds hospitals, but i think the nearest one would be Harrogate ( maybe ? ), i would keep giving them a ring and see if anyone has been taken in.
    Really hope it all works out xx
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d0lphin wrote: »
    I have joined the FB book but I don't know how to get it onto my profile - it hasn't gone on automatically - can someone please tell me so I can share....thanks.

Go to the group page and scroll down to the bottom where it says share and click on that.

Thoughts are with you and your family Jo, hope your brother turns up safe and well soon. x
    Forum Member
    He has made the front page of the local evening newspaper.
    Online version @ http://www.wetherbynews.co.uk/news/wetherby/urgent_appeal_for_taxi_driver_seen_speaking_to_missing_steven_1_2937953
  • kjh84kjh84 Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SoapyJo wrote: »

Have twittered the appeal & Fb page. I've also twittered to the celebs i follow.xx
  • eunicelouise658eunicelouise658 Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My thoughts are with you and your family. I really hope your brother is found soon. When they find him I am sure he will be really proud of how his sis tried to publicise his plight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    Have shared on my FB page, hope it helps. Thoughts are with you Jo x