26 years and I've finally had enough.

1234568»

Comments

• iceblue fiat 50iceblue fiat 50 Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    before i joined this forum i would have considered myself to enjoy soaps and have a mildly critical opinion of some storylines and some characters in each soap but not a superfan or in any way obsessive.

i would also have said that i have a good memory (in general) and especially with regard to my own life and historical life events (personal to me), but these forums facinate me.

i didnt take any notice of directors and refer to periods in time as x dirctor during period x to period y... the obsessive detail some of you can remember is facinating.... eastenders was great under x director during x year?

part of me is amazed but another tiny part is a little bit horrorified. i keep wondering what career and education qualifications and IQ level has every one on here got if these details about their tv viewing are ingraved in their memories so vividly?

I am begining to feel a tiny bit inadequate....and thick. and its no wonder people dont reply to the comments i make.
  • J-JJ-J Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    before i joined this forum i would have considered myself to enjoy soaps and have a mildly critical opinion of some storylines and some characters in each soap but not a superfan or in any way obsessive.

i would also have said that i have a good memory (in general) and especially with regard to my own life and historical life events (personal to me), but these forums facinate me.

i didnt take any notice of directors and refer to periods in time as x dirctor during period x to period y... the obsessive detail some of you can remember is facinating.... eastenders was great under x director during x year?

part of me is amazed but another tiny part is a little bit horrorified. i keep wondering what career and education qualifications and IQ level has every one on here got if these details about their tv viewing are ingraved in their memories so vividly?

I am begining to feel a tiny bit inadequate....and thick. and its no wonder people dont reply to the comments i make.

lol i know what you mean, i havent got a clue about who produces / writes soaps, i dont know half of the actors real names but i think any information required is only a quick google away and that is how all these people seem to 'remember' everything regarding storyline etc
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J-J wrote: »
    lol i know what you mean, i havent got a clue about who produces / writes soaps, i dont know half of the actors real names but i think any information required is only a quick google away and that is how all these people seem to 'remember' everything regarding storyline etc

Thank heavens I'm not the only one
  • EastEndFan05EastEndFan05 Posts: 4,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jane and ian arguing is put in cos jane needs an exit story you cant blame the producers for that plus we got to see classic phil, why do people say give ronnie a break cos if they did ronnie would become boring but giving her an emotional storyline we get to see just how good of an actress she is.

Jane and Ian have been repeating this storyline for at least the last 5 years. They couldn't have come up with something else for her exit?:yawn:

Ronnie is boring, in my opinion. The baby swap storyline did nothing to help me sympathize with her troubles or appreciate Ms. Womack's acting. I found the whole affair very cold, even her breakdown scene a few weeks ago.
  • York BarYork Bar Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    Guido9 wrote: »
    Yes, I think they need to replace Kirkwood as soon as they physically can now. I feel the time towards Santer's end early on last year was when the rot started to set in (the sensationlaist and appalling Who Killed Archie et al) and Kirkwood has simply succeeded in keeping the rot in place (and then some!) as soon as he took over last year to the present - and the (perhaps) irreversible damage is well underway now.

Basically EE is simply appalling at the moment in most departments, the way characters change with the weather, feeble storylines (Fatboy/Mercy proposed visa marriage, the recent Heather online lover prank of Ben's.....to name just two). With the characters, one minute they're rowing, the next they're making up as if the previous day was all a bad dream (the Masoods spring to mind here constantly) - I don't know, maybe that's real life?! If I was having to act out such scenes though I'd either be a very confused person or just end up loathing doing it, regardless of my pay packet!

Even when EE was poor in the recent past (the much maligned 2006 era for instance), you always had a feeling that it would get better sooner rather than later (as it did in 2007) but the reverse now applies and it looks like later rather than sooner regarding a possible improvement now. As one poster said (Eve), I too am of the mindset that EE may not be around in another 5 years time if it doesn't come up with anything new or remotely interesting and remains the same as it has been for the past two years now. Whether viewers still watch it closely or just have it on as a background viewing habit these days, a programme can't survive without viewers and ends up being shelved of course - just ask Alan Partridge! :)

Maybe I will ask Alan Partridge! I hope EastEnders stays for a long time, but it is always the same old storylines. It is the constant affairs and things like that. We have seen it all before. I liked EastEnders in 2006. I would quite happily have that over what we have now in 2011. Think of it this way: Would EastEnders have survived if the writers didn't come up with new storylines? :)