OMG Hollyoaks Shock Death!!! :O

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    She is Hollyoaks best character by far in my opinion. I never got bored of seeing her. She seemed so down to earth. I will really miss her but I guess it's best that she goes when everyone remembers her for being a good character rather than someone who has been overused and boring. Hope her last storyline is fitting for her character.
  • crazyguyz999crazyguyz999 Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris_TV wrote: »
    They certinly rushed this exit in my opinion. She was still filming on the 18th of June less than 2 weeks ago.

I persoanly think Hollyoaks is desperate for ratings. Here is hoping this and Silas's return work otherwise nothing will get ratings back.

i don't think so. that was only last week and it would play havoc with storylines and be difficult to edit something big like this in.. Its called a herring. Theres an article on here about Karen from early this month talking about long term future with the soap...
  • Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,513
    Forum Member
    I haven't watched HO properly in months, but I think I'm going to start watching it again now. I can't believe they killed her off :( The whodunnit storyline should be good though.
  • Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i don't think so. that was only last week and it would play havoc with storylines and be difficult to edit something big like this in.. Its called a herring. Theres an article on here about Karen from early this month talking about long term future with the soap...

Strange to go to such lengths using your twitter acccount to say your fiming though

They are from last Monday 18th of June

... Off into Hollyoaks to film some exciting stuff. X

followed by

It's cooking up here at Hollyoaks village

So was she just really at home fake tweeting. Or was this exit just filmed last Monday?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    cant believe it i watch hollyoaks at the weekend so havnt seen it but wow hollyoaks never fails to shock me, well done for keeping it a secret and not letting the press get hold of it, all soaps should be like this!
  • RobertfltnRobertfltn Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    Strange to go to such lengths using your twitter acccount to say your fiming though

followed by

So was she just really at home fake tweeting. Or was this exit just filmed last Monday?

They might do a flashback as to what happens to her when the killer is revealed. She might have been filming that. That's why I kinda hope Silas is the killer, so they can have one last scene together.
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member

followed by

They do film out of order, so it is poss it was done, but Alice Barlow also did some fake tweeting when she left
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It such a shame she was a good quality character who was brilliant last year, underused this year but really developed nicely, it was a good shocker though can't deny them that would have prefer it of been Mercy!
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG!!!!! She is dead?????? WTF????

Has anyone got a link to the clip????
  • Monster101Monster101 Posts: 2,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sort of think it was a bad move. Ok we get the initial shock factor and storyline. But what about the future. She's a great character. Something hollyoaks is lacking. I hope to god she left of her own accord and wasn't axed for shock value. I also think its a real shame we won't see her and silas together !
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am so so so shocked and sadden! Well done all involved in tonights E4 and thank you Karen for a wicked two years.

I just didn't see it coming! :(
  • bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just had a thought about Lynsey:
    Lynsey is well known for uncovering secrets so many she accidentally uncovered a secret which is, as of yet, unknown to the village? Then she was murdered to keep it quiet!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For those people that missed it the scene is on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yOgY6LE4d4&feature=youtu.be&a
  • Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,513
    Forum Member
    D4nny22 wrote: »

Thank you. That was so sad. Poor Lynsey :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    D4nny22 wrote: »

:(:(:(
  • cfc86cfc86 Posts: 31,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As another poster said Alice who played Rae was tweeting about scenes even the week before her character died (I think) so Karen obviously did the same thing. It makes the outcome more shocking rather than when Heidi died as we knew the actress was leaving so I wasn't shocked that much.
    If Karen is on set it'll be for flashbacks but I reckon that's her finished as the article said she filmed her last scenes weeks ago so take that as you will.
    I have to laugh at the article with Karen saying she can see Lynsey staying for a while as well as seeing Lynsey have a happy ending. Sad neither happened.
  • StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    I just had a thought about Lynsey:
    Lynsey is well known for uncovering secrets so many she accidentally uncovered a secret which is, as of yet, unknown to the village? Then she was murdered to keep it quiet!

That would be a good twist.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cfc86 wrote: »
    As another poster said Alice who played Rae was tweeting about scenes even the week before her character died (I think) so Karen obviously did the same thing. It makes the outcome more shocking rather than when Heidi died as we knew the actress was leaving so I wasn't shocked that much.
    If Karen is on set it'll be for flashbacks but I reckon that's her finished as the article said she filmed her last scenes weeks ago so take that as you will.
    I have to laugh at the article with Karen saying she can see Lynsey staying for a while as well as seeing Lynsey have a happy ending. Sad neither happened.

Bet she was (quietly) laughing too! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    Silas is back next wk soo will prob tie in with Lyndsey's shock death! :0
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great character, BRILLIANT actress.

Lynsey was one of the best characters in Hollyoaks and is one of very few who have managed to carry the show and keep me interested. Gutted she's dead, but if the actress wanted to leave, what a way to bow out!

Completely unexpected death, soaps need to do this more often rather than giving all the details months in advance!

Well done to the Hollyoaks team.
  • laurenlawsonlaurenlawson Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it was Mercedes that killed her!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ts a shame EE doesn't get shock deaths anymore
    So many spoilers
  • TheJ693TheJ693 Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was absolutely shocked :eek: Can't believe they killed her off. I was hoping she wasn't actually dead and it was just a red herring.

I hope the people that captured Joel did it.
  • surfiesurfie Posts: 5,754
    Forum Member
    Some maybe reading to much into it being Silas. It could easily be he's re-appearance is due to him helping police locate more of his victims and nothing to do with Lynsey, thus creating a red herring.

If Silas has escaped from a mental health unit then the police would have notified Lynsey and Mercedes of his escape incase he returned to target them.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,969
    Forum Member
    I think that it was Silas. At the time of their death,all of his victims were wearing something red. Wasn't Lynsay also wearing a red top?..