+ Liz
    + Tony

Kissing Tonight

Marcus and Todd
  • 15 minutes15 minutes Posts: 12,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MsWilder11 wrote: »
    You can almost hear that supervillain laugh travelling all the way from Dubai

I dream of the day that it reverberates through the television again.

Oh well. Until then....

http://youtu.be/cOGN6GyxfzU
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Yes but he miraculously had enough to buy Maria a massive big house with a few months ago. ;-)

Very true. Marcus on a small nurse's wage and Maria on minimum wage plus tips lol
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Fairly sure that Marcus' parents were helping them to buy the house and Maria ahouls have some money put aside as i'd assume she'd have got a life insurance payout for Liam and didn't they own the house Dev lives in now so will have made money selling that.

If you;re so grown up Garry, why do you behave like a child most of the time? I know Owen's actions may have seemed nasty but I kind of agree with him - shy should Gary be the only one not tormented by the knowledge of what Anna had to do to get them out of the hole that Gary primarily dug for them?
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by k9fan
    Good football match, half time now.

Anything interesting happened in Corrie?

.................................................................................................................

Just having a quick read back ..... I still feel sorry for Owen. Anna was an idiot thinking she could "save" her family by having sex with another man. I bet Gary will feel resentful .

Wish I'd seen Sally and Tim, they are just SO good together.:)
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corrie freaked me out tonight ..... Ironside visiting. Todd and Marcus snogging and touching each other up ... Just too much.
  • star89star89 Posts: 24,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    awww I miss Tina :(:(

Me too :cry::cry:
    Ah, Tina's mum. Clearly still distraught by the horrific death of her daughter...

Clearly? Really? :blush::p
    mrbernay wrote: »
    It is, believe me.... You will find the same "losers" ;-);-)

And amongst the losers from here you'll find some proper amazing posters ;-):D <<< winning smile
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caught up later after some drinks with a friend. What a funny episode.

Tim and Sal's proposal was great.

Todd revealing his lack of interest in Marcus, really good. can't wait until the episode they split, Marcus is deluded if he thinks Todd, who is manipulative would really care for a full term relationship. What a stupid fool. Bruno is a great actor.

Poor Owen though, Gary thinks he can go around beating people up however he has a tumble and Owen must apologize.

Anyone else think Tina's mum looks like Molly Dobbs?

Oh yea and near the end when Owen bent over to pick up his sleeping bag it looked like he was about to kiss the sofa. I stopped taking the scene seriously.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i bet Anna smells of fish :D and her breathe haha
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Fairly sure that Marcus' parents were helping them to buy the house and Maria ahouls have some money put aside as i'd assume she'd have got a life insurance payout for Liam and didn't they own the house Dev lives in now so will have made money selling that.

If you;re so grown up Garry, why do you behave like a child most of the time? I know Owen's actions may have seemed nasty but I kind of agree with him - shy should Gary be the only one not tormented by the knowledge of what Anna had to do to get them out of the hole that Gary primarily dug for them?

I agree. Why should Owen's daughter's know but not Anna's son? I have to admit that I liked Garry's reaction though, horrified at first but then sympathetic to his mother. No doubt we'll now see Garry either cracking up or punching people as he deals with his own guilt over what his mother did.

Re Anna and Owen I'm not sure what to think TBH. I can't help wondering what the reactions would be if it was the other way round? Phelan's missus fancied the pants off Owen, said she could get her hubby off his back for good if he slept with her and against his better nature Owen went through with it, 'taking one for the team' as he said tonight? Would Anna be totally forgiving straight away if she found out? Would she use the term 'forgive him eventually'? Would Owen have resented that and split them up? I have no answers I'm just thinking out loud :blush::D

Loved Sally and Tim! I really hope that TPTB don't split them up. They're chalk and cheese but work together brilliantly. People's faces in the Rovers when they happily called off their engagement were a picture :D As was Julie accidentally putting on the birdie song!

Tour de force performance from Alison King tonight as Carla. She's finally cracking up :( Odd scene tonight between her and Tina's mum though. I was waiting for Tina's mum (forgotten her name :blush:) to say something back but she just stared Carla down. What could she say though I suppose? There was no excusing her daughter's behaviour.

And Todd. Tut. Tut. Nasty boy! Watch your back Todd, Stuart Blackburn likes his characters to get retribution! What's the betting that Todd will fall hook, line and sinker for someone who treats him like dirt? I hope so anyway!
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Very true. Marcus on a small nurse's wage and Maria on minimum wage plus tips lol

Can't you still buy a house for a pound in the north?:confused:
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    MsWilder11 wrote: »
    What's the point of Julie nowadays? She just seems to geg in on everyone's business

She's a lovely lady who likes to help people. The world could do with more like Julie.
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,437
    Forum Member
    Caught up later after some drinks with a friend. What a funny episode.

Tim and Sal's proposal was great.Todd revealing his lack of interest in Marcus, really good. can't wait until the episode they split, Marcus is deluded if he thinks Todd, who is manipulative would really care for a full term relationship. What a stupid fool. Bruno is a great actor.

Poor Owen though, Gary thinks he can go around beating people up however he has a tumble and Owen must apologize.

Anyone else think Tina's mum looks like Molly Dobbs?

Oh yea and near the end when Owen bent over to pick up his sleeping bag it looked like he was about to kiss the sofa. I stopped taking the scene seriously.

It must be me but I hated it. So contrived. As if today's pubs would have 'The Birdie Song' on the jukebox.

I also thought Carla's confrontation with Ann was badly started. She hardly touched her and Carla was mouthing off.

I have to say I am finding the dialogue at the moment appalling. Rita's lines especially are awful Saying that Tina's mum had 'a lifetime of memories'. I don't think so. It's just sentimental twaddle IMHO.
  • all_nightall_night Posts: 7,615
    Forum Member
    You lot spend far too much time trying to crack jokes and make wise cracks than actually discussing the episode.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    all_night wrote: »
    You lot spend far too much time trying to crack jokes and make wise cracks than actually discussing the episode.
    The jokes almost all relate to what we're watching on screen and the ep threads greatly enhance the viewing pleasure for most of us. :) Not too sure what your point is tbh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sandra Bee wrote: »
    It must be me but I hated it. So contrived. As if today's pubs would have 'The Birdie Song' on the jukebox.

I also thought Carla's confrontation with Ann was badly started. She hardly touched her and Carla was mouthing off.

I have to say I am finding the dialogue at the moment appalling. Rita's lines especially are awful Saying that Tina's mum had 'a lifetime of memories'. I don't think so. It's just sentimental twaddle IMHO.

Yeah the birdie song was a bit stupid and quite predictable. I think the Sally + Tim scenes are interrupted all the time by the awful Sophie or her cousin Faye.

The Carla stuff was contrived. Obviously something had to go wrong after the meeting with a client. Now we have the same old "Will the factory survive?" nonsense when we know it won't he closing down.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The jokes almost all relate to what we're watching on screen and the ep threads greatly enhance the viewing pleasure for most of us. :) Not too sure what your point is tbh.

They are also a lot more entertaining than the episodes. :p:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are also a lot more entertaining than the episodes. :p:p
    I know right? :D I generally have to watch the ep again later on catch up because I'm too busy enjoying the thread. :D
  • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    annielou wrote: »
    Why isn't Izzy at the factory?

Because she went part time when they had the baby, there was a plot point about it and everything.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    annielou wrote: »
    Tina s mum is wetter than a wet weekend in Rhyl.

Of course the beloved daughter she was so close to just died.

Oh wait
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    Of course the beloved daughter she was so close to just died.

Oh wait
    :D Morning kwynne. :)

Don't forget it's a 7.30pm start for ED tonight. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Owen what have you done? :o

Anna will never forgive him for this - quite right too. >:(

Give them a month and they will be back together and there money problems will be forgotten within 6 conveniently.

Unless this threads all time hero returns that is and all bets will be off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh i wonder who is lucky enough to be getting Phelaned up in Dubai

He would get strung up and his hands chopped of if he tried any of that sort of thing in Dubai.