Options

James...

The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This guy...bit of a wideboy, but I think he'll be entertaining for the show.

But why did you you're fired audience laugh when he placed a supportive hand on Lindsay's shoulder when she was emotional, I thought this was quite nice of him?

We're quick to point out his failings, but that was decent.

Comments

• Options
    KatenutzsKatenutzs Posts: 2,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But why did you you're fired audience laugh when he placed a supportive hand on Lindsay's shoulder when she was emotional, I thought this was quite nice of him?

I thought that was a nice touch too and done on impulse :)
  • Options
    VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katenutzs wrote: »
    I thought that was a nice touch too and done on impulse :)

It was a nice touch, Lindsay truly needed support at that moment and James provided it. He's getting a lot of the edit presently, I have a feeling that he will be one of those contestants who seemingly redeems himself only to be fired just before the final?
  • Options
    thefairydandythefairydandy Posts: 3,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I laughed, and I think it's classic 'laughter as release from tension'. There was a tense silence, in which other candidates looked uncomfortable and awkward, which he broke by being nice. I wasn't laughing at him for being nice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    should have been an 'ahhhhh' moment, rather than laughter as if his gesture was mis-timed or awkward - it was neither.
  • Options
    george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    I thought it was really unfair of Lord Sugar to say 'What are you doing?' to James when he was making some rather odd movements when the results were being read out. I do that a little bit as well; I can stop myself if I actually focus on it, but a lot of the time it's subconscious, and often comes as a result of stress, boredom, restlessness or frustration. Pointing it out must have been quite embarrassing for him. I don't especially enjoy the fact that I do it, because it's a sort of loss of control.

The only other Apprentice candidate I can ever think of to do that sort of thing is Jo from Series 2. I don't think anyone ever queried her about it on camera.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That felt set up, as if he filmed the 'what are doing' thing a long time after James actually did it.
  • Options
    Noel CanardNoel Canard Posts: 562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved it when he was doing that mini-exercise for about 5 seconds in the boardroom, and LS said something like "What the hell are you doing?!" in a really p*ssed-off manner :D
  • Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He'll be around ages, get fired and become a Z-lister like Luisia.
  • Options
    Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James is a stupid, annoying, faux-scruffy twange, but unfortunately he has by far the most compelling arse of the lads.
  • Options
    cashloot147cashloot147 Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find him extremely attractive.
  • Options
    djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think James will be a bit of a Baggs or a Jordan
  • Options
    DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    djfunnyman wrote: »
    I think James will be a bit of a Baggs or a Jordan

James reminds me more of the Sayed.
  • Options
    KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    Massive W**ker.

He didn't deserve to stay, even as s*** at Nurun is, James was worse.

James benefited from Sugar wanting to equal the numbers, that's all.
  • Options
    lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was tipping James to be a finalist if he could cut out the "mememe" attitude. He tries too hard to look good to LAS to the detriment of his team.

Now he's making me annoyed, he's this years Syed or Michael Sophocles, good at talking the talk, but not much else. Hopefully he won't overstay his welcome like the other two numpties did.

About his patting Lindsay on the shoulder, I laughed at that too. I think it was the way it was edited, he knew he was probably coming back to the boardroom, and Linds fell on her sword. So it was a bit like "She's going to save me by doing this I can afford to be generous". I'm not saying he wasn't being genuine, just it might have had a touch of being self serving at the same time. ;-)