Options

Shameless Series 6: E4 pace

Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,926
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I decided to start this because the other thread has a mixture of C4 and E4 people in it, meaning the E4 people need to use spoilers.

I thought last night's episode was the best so far. The scenes with Paddy were amazing and Sean Gilder should definitely be nominated for an award.

Comments

• Options
    BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 24,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Three months too late, but another good episode, though I think last weeks was better.

This series is much improved on the last though, especially the latter half. Since the episode where Monica left they've all been pretty damn good really.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,560
    Forum Member
    Awesome an E4 pace thread!

This week's episode was good, the whole Danny thing needed to be wrapped up a bit better though I thought.

And I agree with Brekkie, last week's was better, and maybe the best of the series thus far.
  • Options
    _Zd_Phoenix__Zd_Phoenix_ Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    I thought it was very good, back to the better end of things (which is saying something for shameless), but I'm really disappointed with how the Danny storyline went by in a flash, it all felt a bit rushed. Maybe I'm presuming too much to think he won't be back, but from Ian's line I do feel that's the case - which is a real shame, as their dynamic was one of my favourite things about the series so far, I think it brought out a lot in Ian's character and could have done a lot more.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I laughed at the scene where Ian was trying to be quiet so he wouldn't wake Danny up.

I've got a mate who's deaf, and I've done exactly the same thing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also think that it's got better since Monica left but maybe that's because I couldn't stand her.

I'm really enjoying seeing the other side of Jamie.
  • Options
    Nine Bob NoteNine Bob Note Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Ian-Danny relationship happiness, then? :( WTF was the scene with the two of them in bed all about, then?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As it's cropped up in relation to Shameless quite a bit, I've raised the issue of making the first look episodes available On Demand over at the C4 blogs, and they're going to look into it.
  • Options
    KayokKayok Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    Paddy's scenes are very powerful stuff, and poor Mickey's face when he came out with the food tray!! !Very very funny.
    Mickey is my fav, a great comedy actor.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shameless has struck the perfect balance between comedy and the darker stuff. I've really enjoyed this series. It's back on top form.
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    This weeks E4 episode was fantastic, possibly even the best episode of the series so far. Danny sounded completely different to how I imagined him to :p It was quite an abrupt ending to the story. His introduction was great, but then he was all but ignored for 3 weeks, and then his exit was all dramatic. I think ti would have been better if we'd have seen more of him.

Funniest line had to be Debbie at the Knicker party though.

Yvonne : On your wedding night your husband will be saying... F**K ME, MEENA!!!
    Debbie : Oooh, i hope he doesn't say that on our wedding night :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jay-1.1 wrote: »
    I also think that it's got better since Monica left but maybe that's because I couldn't stand her.

I totally agree with you, I couldn't stand her either.
    No Ian-Danny relationship happiness, then? :( WTF was the scene with the two of them in bed all about, then?

There wasn't gonna be an Ian-Danny relationship because Danny wasn't gay.
    The whole scene in the bed was to portray how lonely Danny was, and that he was trusting Ian to look out for him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LMAO @ Westlife!!
  • Options
    MookleMookle Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its sooooo good again I love it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nearly 17???
    LOL she just had her 16th birthday a few weeks ago!
  • Options
    GinaGoldGinaGold Posts: 14,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mickey's brilliant tonight. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Awesome @ Mickey standing up to his family and telling them how it is!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    Go Karen!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Brilliant episode this week!!!

Kash is back next week!! Woah!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another superb episode tonight - the second half of this series really has been a return to form. Also it works very well as an ensemble piece tonight with the whole cast putting in great performances. I'm glad Chesney and Meena are now getting storylines as they are brilliant characters - just a shame they didn't get a bigger role earlier though.

Very annoyed though that the preview for next week unleashed a massive spoiler. I had no idea he was returning and as Shameless are usually very good at allowing characters exits to play out on screen, it's a shame his shock return couldn't have been kept out of the preview, especially as they've managed to avoid mentioning it in the TV guides.
  • Options
    katiemackkatiemack Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    Mickey to Shane - "You used to w**k over Hanson when you thought they were girls"

CLASSIC :D

Can't believe Kash is back next week!!
  • Options
    mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yea was good again tonight :cool:

mickeys rant in the toilets was awesome :D
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Brill.

I missed tonight's CH4 episode last week on E4, that was great too. Hope Ian doesn't go down for that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    One thing that didn't work; when the Milf character was saying she was using the guys because IVF was too expensive, surely the next course of action would have been a cheap visit to a sperm bank? Yeah it wouldn't have been her husband's kid, but surely that would have made more sense than whoring herself out and getting pregnant that way?
  • Options
    RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I felt so sorry for Frank today... he actually feels for his kids, which I really don't think has come through to me until now.

I hope he gets them back...

Shameless does make me laugh a lot at certain points... some characters just don't have any common sense.
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    After my previous winges about the crapness of this series i've gotta say that the last few episodes have been fantastic! Last nights E4 was the best episode in a very very long time.

Mickey in the toilets was just :eek: brilliant, about time somebody talked some sence into Jamie. Also Debbies outburst in the Kitchen to Frank. Debbie was all but ignored at the start of the series, but these past few weeks she has been brilliant.

Mandy is getting right on my nerves. No way would she have stood for that a few years back. I hope the family have scared him enough to piss off!

I have a feeling that Norma will leave at the end of the series. She's hardly been in it recently!

Can't wait to see Kash next week. I had no idea he was returning :p