• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take thats new album will only be £1 from Monday

And 50% of bikes
  • ohiromeohirome Posts: 2,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I shall be doing my best to get a muchly reduced xbox.
  • MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PamelaL wrote: »
    **** a duck, I just bought a bloody Nintendo Wii on Amazon!!!

Tell me about it. I forked out on a wii for my neice only yesterday. :(
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be intrested to see what else they have planned reduction wise for the rest of the week.I wonder if they will do some offer on their dvd's & books?.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    Does anybody know how this is going to work? I really need to order some things which i've put off getting since i heard this sale was happening.

Is everything available in the sale from 9am monday or is this a gradual, items announced throughout the week kind of sale? I don't think my boss will be happy if he sees i've been refreshing amazon every 5 minutes right through til friday but i really don't want to miss out of anything on my shopping list!
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    kellan_x wrote: »
    Does anybody know how this is going to work? I really need to order some things which i've put off getting since i heard this sale was happening.

Is everything available in the sale from 9am monday or is this a gradual, items announced throughout the week kind of sale? I don't think my boss will be happy if he sees i've been refreshing amazon every 5 minutes right through til friday but i really don't want to miss out of anything on my shopping list!

Amazon can email you a daily list.
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kellan_x wrote: »

According to Amazon "In fact, we'll be adding new deals throughout the day, every day, so you can visit at any time and find must-have products at jaw-dropping prices.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    Anyone get anything? My page wouldnt load up and when it did all the items released were sold out. Don't think I'm going to bother for the rest of the week!
  • chiller15chiller15 Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised how quickly the went. The Take That - Progress album sold out within 10 seconds. Susan Boyels sold out in around 20 seconds.
  • CoolboyACoolboyA Posts: 10,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jen308 wrote: »
    Anyone get anything? My page wouldnt load up and when it did all the items released were sold out. Don't think I'm going to bother for the rest of the week!
    As soon as the deal became available for the Take That CD [for my mother, I may add], I clicked "Add to basket" but it was advertised as £8.98. I went back to check and they had all sold out. So, literally within 5 seconds they had all gone...

The only ones that I'm interested in today are the House DVD boxset and the Philips Shaver. We shall see how cheap they go.

They are going to be doing Harry Potter 1-6 at 70% on DVD. However, they are only £17.99 at the minute, so you'll only be saving another 2 pounds. Bit stingey.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They must have only had about 1 of each item!
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Denise wrote: »
    Maybe I should wait another week to get my sons Wii, though I normally dislike Amazon as they wont take PayPal.

I never realised that. Rather surprising.
    Forum Member
    I wonder exactly how many of each item they are selling at the reduced price? There must be very few. I was there at 8.58 refreshing and didn't even see anything! Nothing till sold out and I have a very fast Internet connection. Definetly no hope at work! Really fancied a cheap xbox for kinect!
    Forum Member
    You will need 1- click to have any hope
  • _SpeedRacer__SpeedRacer_ Posts: 6,724
    Forum Member
    So they're only offering deals for like, 2 seconds?! WTF
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    I never realised that. Rather surprising.

Why's that? Paypal is owned by Ebay an arch rival of Amazon. Also, Amazon has an excellent checkout system for buying items so what difference does it make?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a load of shite
  • CoolboyACoolboyA Posts: 10,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So they're only offering deals for like, 2 seconds?! WTF
    Each deal is valid for 30 minutes. However if they only have say 100 CDs at £1, the deal will not last 30 minutes.

As was previously said, you want these things, 1-Click buying is needed. However, I don't even see how that would work as I literally clicked as soon as the countdown went from 00:00:00 to "Buy it now" and I got nothing. So... meh!
  • kookiethekatkookiethekat Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am after a Le Creuset Granite casserole dish. It's at £132.15 at the moment, hoping it will get the full 60% off
  • missloomissloo Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am after a Le Creuset Granite casserole dish. It's at £132.15 at the moment, hoping it will get the full 60% off

me too - well i am after the shallow one :)
  • njpnjp Posts: 27,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CoolboyA wrote: »
    As was previously said, you want these things, 1-Click buying is needed. However, I don't even see how that would work as I literally clicked as soon as the countdown went from 00:00:00 to "Buy it now" and I got nothing. So... meh!
    No it isn't. You just click the "add to basket" button, in the usual way. You then have to ensure that you check out and pay before the end of the day, or the discount vanishes.

The only tricky part is getting your click in fast enough to secure a popular deal.
  • kookiethekatkookiethekat Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    missloo wrote: »
    me too - well i am after the shallow one :)

I did look at the shallow one but I think the deep one will be better for me

Good luck :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    I got the CD, thankfully. If the CD sold quickly I can only imagine how quick the xbox and wii sell out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,566
    Forum Member
    I got the £20 DAB radio in my basket in time, but then thought 'I don't want this one bit' and binned it. :)