Susanna Reid on air discomfort Sat 21/1/12

2»

Comments

• ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As Michael Buerk once pointed out - Any idiot can read the autocue and many have proved it:D
  • Reggie RebelReggie Rebel Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Superbeast wrote: »
    Are you seriously comparing the duties of a newsreader to a nationally elected government representative?

I believe far more that comes out of a newsreaders mouth
  • owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Susannah reid is quite fit, loves to flash her legs and the perv brigade do like this, I include myself. But she is forever fluffing her lines and does not come across as a serious journalist
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was probably still pissed from Friday night. It happens...
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    As Michael Buerk once pointed out - Any idiot can read the autocue and many have proved it:D

As he also presumably used an autocue when reading the news then was he also an overpaid Autocue-reading "lame brain" when doing so?
  • zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IMO sian Williams looks older than her years.. and her style of clothes she wears makes her look older.. and IMO she does not have the best figure, way too skinny...she has no curves...
  • GlengavelGlengavel Posts: 1,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »

I remember Rhod Gilbert winding up Gaby Logan on HIGNFY about how all she does is read from an autocue. A bit later he stumbled over his lines prompting Gaby to pipe up with "not so easy now is it, Welsh boy?".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glengavel wrote: »
    I remember Rhod Gilbert winding up Gaby Logan on HIGNFY about how all she does is read from an autocue. A bit later he stumbled over his lines prompting Gaby to pipe up with "not so easy now is it, Welsh boy?".

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D well done
  • planetnokiaplanetnokia Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mychmose wrote: »
    Did anybody watch Breakfast yesyerday morning? Susanna, between about 8 and 9 was visibly uncomfortable and was really struggling to keep it together. She fluffed her lines a few times. Was she in pain?

She's not a natural presenter. If you watch her carefully, she is permanently nervous, continuously pulling faces or breathing deeply.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And in your book, to your trained (or untrained) eye, that indicates nervousness?
  • mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's not a natural presenter. If you watch her carefully, she is permanently nervous, continuously pulling faces or breathing deeply.

Perhaps its a bit of an act , Susanna does not appear too care worn from being in this show - her unlined face , ample curves etc. Where as Sian has a worn out eaten away look even if she's looking happy for most of her time. ( could be Bill steals all her food :o )

On the other show Reid does , the tark show from Belfast her manner is more relaxed but perhaps that isn't live tv. Still her appearance may be more stressed this week as palace lost last night in the football. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    And in your book, to your trained (or untrained) eye, that indicates nervousness?

Yes.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.....
    On what basis? And are you expert in determining someone's nervous state from a TV screen? What formal training have you had?

BYW, she has presented other live programmes where such alleged nervous signs were not present, and I have not really witnessed such signs on BBC Breakfast to an extent where I was moved to wonder what was going on. So maybe, just maybe, your deduction is incorrect.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    On what basis? And are you expert in determining someone's nervous state from a TV screen? What formal training have you had?

BYW, she has presented other live programmes where such alleged nervous signs were not present, and I have not really witnessed such signs on BBC Breakfast to an extent where I was moved to wonder what was going on. So maybe, just maybe, your deduction is incorrect.

That's for me to know and you to find out!

I haven't got a problem with the fact that Susanna Reid is a presenter of a programme I wish to watch. However, one does not have to be an expert to recognise that an individual is not entirely relaxed/comfortable in carrying out what most would describe as a highly stressful occupation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's for me to know and you to find out!
    So the answer is no then. ;)
  • mychmosemychmose Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This wasn't nerves guys, she was flinching in pain.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like Susannah wearing those belts around her waist.. when she leans over it looks like her breasts are hanging over her waist.. shame..
  • dadioflexdadioflex Posts: 1,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone who doesn't like to see Susanna Reid on TV has an obvious choice. They can combat her for the right to present the Breakfast news. To date, no other has triumphed.

Can you?

Remember, she is beautiful, smart, experienced and respected.

If you intend to defeat her you must... well.. you must... I mean... figure it out for yourself! Can't stop she's laughing about snow now.