Good Morning Britain - ITV

Comments

• ontheradioontheradio Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    Anyone noticed the backdrop behind them? Always showing a sunny morning lol! When it's peeing down with rain in London!
  • tony-wtony-w Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    I am lucky enough to be off work today & tomorrow so I sat through a fair bit of GMB this morning whilst switching back and forth to the BBC.

Dear God, GMB is unbelievably dire.
    First up around 6am it was almost a battle between all 4 presenters, all talking over each other to get their opinions or 'script' in. Totally unprofessional.
    It reminded me of 'Loose Women' :p

Then around 8.20 'Queen Bee' Susanna had to make an interview with Neil Pearson 'all about her' pouting, putting her hair up and comparing herself to 'Sally from 'Drop The Dead Donkey' -
    She appears to turn in to a bumbling cretin whenever she interviews anyone off TV. again totally unprofessional.

If it was not for my local news & weather at 6.30 & 7.30 I would not go anywhere near ITV before work!

GMB must be approaching the untenable fulcrum.
    Would anyone have any recent viewing figures? The last I heard was 529,000 :o
  • BushmillsBushmills Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tony-w wrote: »
    I am lucky enough to be off work today & tomorrow so I sat through a fair bit of GMB this morning whilst switching back and forth to the BBC.

Dear God, GMB is unbelievably dire.
    First up around 6am it was almost a battle between all 4 presenters, all talking over each other to get their opinions or 'script' in. Totally unprofessional.
    It reminded me of 'Loose Women' :p

Then around 8.20 'Queen Bee' Susanna had to make an interview with Neil Pearson 'all about her' pouting, putting her hair up and comparing herself to 'Sally from 'Drop The Dead Donkey' -
    She appears to turn in to a bumbling cretin whenever she interviews anyone off TV. again totally unprofessional.

If it was not for my local news & weather at 6.30 & 7.30 I would not go anywhere near ITV before work!

GMB must be approaching the untenable fulcrum.
    Would anyone have any recent viewing figures? The last I heard was 529,000 :o

540,000 on Friday - a 13.5% share:o
    Forum Member
    Thank you Bushmills,

GMTV axed when figures dwindled to around 700,000
    Daybreak axed when figures dwindled to around 600,000
    GMB struggling to get more than 550,000.

There must be some 'twitching' backsides at ITV towers...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tony-w wrote: »

She appears to turn in to a bumbling cretin whenever she interviews anyone off TV. again totally unprofessional.:o

That is about right, Sally from 'Drop The Dead Donkey' was also crap as a news presenter, but thought she was 'it' ... Maybe the 'oh everyone loves me' Ms Reid, should have thought twice before comparing herself, but then I don't think she has the skill to think when she on air.
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,526
    Forum Member
    I'm off work today and I've never seen GMB. Dare I watch it? :D
  • simon_geraldsimon_gerald Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guessing theres a lot of head scratching going on at ITV towers,September/October were important couple of months for GMB regarding viewing figure,hope programme makers are learning something,as they still have another half term to deal with.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the ratings thread.

GMB 496,000

Game over man,game over
  • Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,129
    Forum Member
    From the ratings thread.

GMB 496,000

Game over man,game over

They must be retaining the ITV2 crowd, because all GMB content seems to be the celebrity tat those viewer swallow.

Between 6 and 8:30 whenever I flick over to BBC or Sky there's a news story or a consumer/health item. Whenever I switch on GMB it's invariably an adbreak, a competition, or some showbiz crap.
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think GMB will stay as they dont have many other formats left to try they are probably better trying to adapt GMB like TV-am did all those years ago when they tried lots of things out as they had low ratings too
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,526
    Forum Member
    I decided to watch it.....

Tripe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They must be retaining the ITV2 crowd, because all GMB content seems to be the celebrity tat those viewer swallow.

Between 6 and 8:30 whenever I flick over to BBC or Sky there's a news story or a consumer/health item. Whenever I switch on GMB it's invariably an adbreak, a competition, or some showbiz crap.

As I said before, if it is the celebrity viewer they wanted, that would be a lot of female viewers, and I wonder if ITV did any research on Ms Reid before they gave her the mega contract, as she does not seem to be that well liked by the female viewer, I think they got carried away with the hype, and must now (if she on a year by year contract) be waiting to end this disaster, and I can't see the Beeb in a hurry to take her back.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the ratings thread.

GMB 496,000

Game over man,game over

Grim reading for ITV Towers, wouldn't it be kinder to put the show out of its misery ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stv viewer Agree with you tv-am did adapt into a winning format just it's the same format thats failing now.

Viewers also have to adapt as well which is a lot tougher,charlotte will always be sunrise charlotte,susanna will always be bbc susanna past links never a good thing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The presenters probably increased their wages by 30/40% to join gmb due to the uncertanty of the show.

Can itv continue to pay such a high wage bill,if not they have to bring in new presenters,but who in their right mind would join?

which means unless show got axed,they would have to keep current presenters who would put up their wages again,you want me on a failing show you pay the big bucks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Many many Thanx to bushmills,would have no idea about the figures for gmb if not for them.thankyou.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The presenters probably increased their wages by 30/40% to join gmb due to the uncertanty of the show.

Can itv continue to pay such a high wage bill,if not they have to bring in new presenters,but who in their right mind would join?

which means unless show got axed,they would have to keep current presenters who would put up their wages again,you want me on a failing show you pay the big bucks.

ITV are doing quite well money wise the now so the wages wont be too much out of the itv budget, compared to Ant and Dec and Holly Willouby's wages Susanna and co will not be that much. Susanna and Ben are probably the highest paid so they are probably at the most risk of being axed but Ben has Tipping Point which is popular so he might be OK. But ITV need to find Susanna a show or sadly it will be like the Christine Senario again I hope not tho as I quite like Susanna
  • Guest82722Guest82722 Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the ratings thread.

GMB 496,000

Game over man,game over

Bloody hell!!!!

This is a bit like when you have a lightly used railway line. Do you keep it open, because it is of vital importance to the few people who use it- or do you close it?

In other words- in railway terms- Do you provide an excellent 10 minute service- in the hope it will encourage people to take the train- or do you say 'no one is watching (travelling) let's go down to one train every 2 hours, and, with a bit of luck, even fewer people will use it, and then we can justify closure.

The patient is on the ground, in agony, but still breathing.
    Forum Member
    From the ratings thread.

GMB 496,000

Game over man,game over

Game over indeed, at this rate GMB will have more followers on Twitter than viewers tuning in and even Sky News must be competing with those figures :p

Looks like my prediction is coming to fruition:

RIP ITV Breakfast 1983-2014 :D
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    ITV are doing quite well money wise the now so the wages wont be too much out of the itv budget, compared to Ant and Dec and Holly Willouby's wages Susanna and co will not be that much. Susanna and Ben are probably the highest paid so they are probably at the most risk of being axed but Ben has Tipping Point which is popular so he might be OK. But ITV need to find Susanna a show or sadly it will be like the Christine Senario again I hope not tho as I quite like Susanna

Put Susanna on the ITV News at 10/6:30? Or make her the new permanent host of ITV Tonight? (The Panorama ripoff)
    Forum Member
    No chance, Charlene White, Julie Etchingham, Mary Nightingale, Natasha Kaplinsky and even Ranvir Singh have that covered.
    I cannot see ITV risking Miss Reid on the News, she will most probably go on IACGMOOH to 'raise' her profile or some other reality tripe.
    I am sure I read she is on some 'Celebrity Juice Christmas special' already...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    Put Susanna on the ITV News at 10/6:30? Or make her the new permanent host of ITV Tonight? (The Panorama ripoff)

Joking right, pulling silly faces, asking silly questions, and fluttering her eyes at any guy that is interviewed! Can't see it myself.
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    myscimitar wrote: »
    Joking right, pulling silly faces, asking silly questions, and fluttering her eyes at any guy that is interviewed! Can't see it myself.

Yet you seem to spend an inordinate amount of time watching her.
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    I decided to watch it.....

Tripe.

I had a late start today so switched over to catch them all gushing over the little boy doing Dirty dancing (from Christmas clearly)- is that was usually passes for news?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Abriel wrote: »
    I had a late start today so switched over to catch them all gushing over the little boy doing Dirty dancing (from Christmas clearly)- is that was usually passes for news?

It is what they call the good news story the BBC has them too