What is it with Jake?

2»

Comments

• missiemoomissiemoo Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't watch East Enders so have no previous experience of him, I certainly would not call him a sex symbol or even attractive I just liked his dancing.

Agree with you on this.
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cant stand Jake. Don't know why.
  • Sho NuffSho Nuff Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    He seems to me like a humorist with a lot of reserve and a little menace. Good cool energy. I like him

100% agree. Nicely put :cool:
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him. he comes across normal, not too showy. I hope he wins.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    Cant stand Jake. Don't know why.

Same here. Charisma free zone.
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If he can sort out his top line I think he has the potential to be the best male celeb thus far.
  • davegolddavegold Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jake is beginning to remind me of Jason Donovan. Good professional actor, can perform a role, nothing like his real self. Maybe he finds it easier to be someone else than be himself.
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect he has decided to present a particular persona (ordinary bloke). He seems to be well liked by people close to him.

I like what I see of him on the dance floor.

In more ways than one :p
  • Siobhan_KellySiobhan_Kelly Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Jakes not cheesy like Steve and Mark thats what I like about him, plus I like his partnership with Janette
  • lloys-strachanlloys-strachan Posts: 1,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good dancer but he leaves me cold.

Talks like he's got a mouth full of marbles and after seeing tonight's ITT and the comment that he doesn't talk to anyone before the show, he takes it far too seriously.

Certainly can't see how he get the sex symbol tag :confused:
  • luigy39luigy39 Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Talks like he's got a mouth full of marbles and after seeing tonight's ITT and the comment that he doesn't talk to anyone before the show, he takes it far too seriously.

Nothing wrong with being competitive, as long as he keeps his real personality coming through, unlike some celebrities that ooze falseness all around, unfortunately many people drink the syrup and fall in love with the over the top celebrities, they even win :D.

I find him grown up and full of no-nonsense.
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's two people (Craig and Thom) who have talked about him going into 'his zone' before a dance. It's something an awful lot of actors do to make sure they are focussed and in character before a performance so it's hardly surprising Jake uses it.
  • VicsMumVicsMum Posts: 5,666
    Forum Member
    davegold wrote: »
    Jake is beginning to remind me of Jason Donovan. Good professional actor, can perform a role, nothing like his real self. Maybe he finds it easier to be someone else than be himself.

I think you're right in that comparison but the similarities end there. Thank God Jake is not a snoozefest whining megabore like Jason was (sorry, couldn't stand the man)
  • dippydancingdippydancing Posts: 9,428
    Forum Member
    Muggsy wrote: »
    That's two people (Craig and Thom) who have talked about him going into 'his zone' before a dance. It's something an awful lot of actors do to make sure they are focussed and in character before a performance so it's hardly surprising Jake uses it.

On the few occasions I've had to perform in front of an audience (and that was just a few hundred- not a few million!) I needed to remain un-distracted so I wouldn't forget what I had to do and say. It's nothing to do with being aloof or stand-offish- it's just a coping strategy.
    It makes a change from hearing about a certain model's nerves.
  • luigy39luigy39 Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It makes a change from hearing about a certain model's nerves.

:D Fantastic Observation :D
  • RosegrowerRosegrower Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    He is just an introvert. Acting is a strange profession for someone who doesn't show off.
    Actually that may not be true. A lot of actors I have known (I used to work for a film company) were very shy, except when they were "being someone else".
  • marinamaumarinamau Posts: 4,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rosegrower wrote: »
    Actually that may not be true. A lot of actors I have known (I used to work for a film company) were very shy, except when they were "being someone else".

Completely true, even for half of the big stars in Hollywood.
    Many introverts become good actors because it allows them to hide themselves and shine as someone else. Its a duality that is not necessary but it happens all the time.
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him. Dry sense of humour, doesn't whinge, one of the most natural ordinary blokes we've had on the show. Apart from his dancing of course, that's far from "ordinary".
  • MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think his dancing is fantastic! For some reason I just didn't expect him to be that good, which just goes to show you never can tell!
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just find him so unattractive.
  • MayDMayD Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starting to 'unappreciate' the thumb up after every comment from the joodges
  • daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muggsy wrote: »
    Yes and I see nothing wrong in it .. it's his way of focusing.
    I imagine he's got a large (wait for it) fan base :D Not on here obviously but in the living rooms across Britain. His latin in particular is phenomenal.
    He's showy where he needs to be .. on the dance floor.
  • zabezabe Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    I like him. Dry sense of humour, doesn't whinge, one of the most natural ordinary blokes we've had on the show. Apart from his dancing of course, that's far from "ordinary".

:) When I sit down on a Saturday to watch SCD, he' s always the one that I can't wait to see dance. His routines are great and he performs them wonderfully, a real joy to watch!