What's the longest number of days you have worked in a row?

linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,699
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have taken on a second job so I am working 12 days straight, luckily some are just 4 hour shifts though.

What's the longest you have worked?

Comments

• Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    About 500 12 hours shifts. Sometimes 18 hours and sometimes 24 hours.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Depends what you mean by work I'm a 24/7 carer to my Mum and 2 brothers hand have done it now for about 17 years everyday .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    About 500.

Haha, It cant have been recently because you are always on here.:D
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    19 probably, working 2 weekends overtime to catch up on a backlog at one job. That was 9.5.30 every weekday plus 9-4 on the weekends(which was paid cash in hand and management provided pizzas for lunch.

When my husband worked on the railway years ago he only had every other Sunday off so worked 13 out of every 14 days.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha, It cant have been recently because you are always on here.:D
    Being on here is never a guage of somebody's time or life, working or otherwise. It takes less than a minute to post, people work different hours, shifts, work at home, care for people, etc.etc.

It's never a safe bet to argue that a person is on here too much and can't possibly also be holding down a job or working hard ;)
  • DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did six days out of seven for a few months just after I graduated, but the longest in a row was 17 minimum 12-hour days while my boss was on hols, the last day being a bank holiday and I left about 1.30am. I was proper knackered after that and haven't done anything like it since.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    6 on one occasion.

Wouldn't do it again.
  • nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    6 on one occasion.

Wouldn't do it again.

Sounds awful.
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    6, I'm a lightweight :blush:
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,806
    Forum Member
    6 is my record as well, no need to do more in my job.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did 84 12 hour night shifts in a row last year.
    Nearly killed me (exaggeration).
  • AxtolAxtol Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    I did 12 days due to people being off sick and others on holiday. Good payday that month though.
  • bhappyluvbhappyluv Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    21, was ready to quit at the end of it. 14 of those days were late shifts so I would finish at 11pm then be back at work for 9am.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did 17 days recently
  • kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    Only allowed to do 13 days in a row.
  • shaddlershaddler Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I once did twenty-one 12 hour shifts in a row, picking and packing in a warehouse.
    Depends what you mean by work I'm a 24/7 carer to my Mum and 2 brothers hand have done it now for about 17 years everyday .

Surely you must be able to get some help?
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seven weeks including weekends on a time-sensitive project, ranging between 8 hours and 16 hours per day.

It was pretty much bed, food, taxi, work, food, work, food, work, taxi, bed every day for seven weeks.

That happened about 18 years ago. I was paid well, but never again. My limit these days is a fortnight excluding weekends.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the last 12 years.....2
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Over the summer I was on a site for the commonwealth games, and the most I done was 11 in a row, that was 12hr night shifts.

Over the whole 9 weeks though I think I had about 10 days off.
  • BrotherDanielBrotherDaniel Posts: 1,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Work a full time job 37 hours a week, on my days off I work with my father helping with what will be our family business.

Hard work pays off, Infact I don't remember the last time I had a day off.
  • Omniconsumer93Omniconsumer93 Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    27 days, 16 hours each. That was when we were doing a feature film though, these days the shoots are shorter and we spend less time on set, which I don't mind at all!

These days it's mostly about 5 days from 10-6 for me, and we get 2 Fridays off a month. Sometimes we come in weekends or work through the nights if we need the extra time to get something done, but it's made up to us another time so we can have an extra day off when it's quiet. We get double time as well for working overnight so I don't usually complain!
  • bri160356bri160356 Posts: 5,147
    Forum Member
    I did a FULL 8hr day once, with only an hour for lunch and a 15min break morning and afternoon; .........and as if turning up wasn’t enough the slave-drivers expected me to work as well (how bonkers is that!)................tried it........ didn’t like it............... Never again!

Thank god for the ‘Working Time Directive’ I say!
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    6 weeks straight without a day off. The weekends were overtime, so I was not obliged to be there but I needed the money at the time. I was also a youngster back then and thought nothing of it. Couldn't do it these days.
  • newda898newda898 Posts: 5,465
    Forum Member
    6 months solid, then decreased down to 4 months continuous.

(ships don't just stop and everyone goes home)
  • bri160356bri160356 Posts: 5,147
    Forum Member
    newda898 wrote: »
    6 months solid, then decreased down to 4 months continuous.

(ships don't just stop and everyone goes home)

What sort of ships were they?