michael jackson
    maggie jones
    natasha richardson
    steve irwin

how could i forget patrick swayze??
  • Options
    Already In UseAlready In Use Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    Showing my age in the extreme - but I was young at the time and it was a real shock when Richard Beckinsale died. You just don't expect someone of that age to have a heart attack. I can also very vaguely recollect seeing Tommy Cooper collapse on a live TV performance and everyone thought he was messing about - whereas he had had a major heart attack and subsequently died that night.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danielle from Eastenders :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been shocked by a few, Stephen Gately, Michael Jackson but only upset by one & that was Patrick Swayze, it was so sad to hear he died. Also quite sad to hear Farrah Fawcett had died.
  • Options
    danielwb1975danielwb1975 Posts: 322
    Forum Member
    Jade and Stephen Gately because they were young. That was more surrel because young people are not meant to die.

However, Patrick Swayze was the biggie. I had a movie weekend of his after he died (Ghost, Roadhouse, Point Break, Dirty dancing) and I got quite emotional. I also had no idea he sung! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gbz-Lau5tc
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    Heath Ledger and Stephen Gately both so young and unexpected
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    ceb1988 wrote: »
    Owen Harts death really affected me as a child- it was just such a tragic, horrific and unfair way for such a great man to go. Even now its still sad to think about what happened to him.:cry:

Another wrestlers death, that of Davey Boy Smith, upset me because he was a childhood hero of mine and such a beautiful man- I cried quite a few tears over his death.:(

Wrestling was a big part of my childhood, and every time a familiar face from my childhood dies a sudden, early death I cant help feel a twinge of sadness, a sadness that is compounded by the fact that they seem to be falling so frequently.

totally. I remember watching the PPV where Owen died because it was live on Sky, and hardly believing what I was seeing and hearing. The interview Jeff Jarrett did when the show went on and he was trying to hold it together was truly heartbreaking.

Eddie Guererro's death was shocking, and was ultimately what drove me away from watching wrestling. There have been too many senseless deaths.
  • Options
    Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wrestlers dont make old bones, they tend to die an early age - either due to:

-drug abuse
    -constant in-ring matches, taking a toll on their body
  • Options
    darakinssdarakinss Posts: 1,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael Jackson
    He was truly my musical idol
    and Thriller Live in the West End is just amazing

RIP
    xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    lucky74lucky74 Posts: 4,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve Clark (Def Leppard guitarist), Layne Staley (Alice in Chains singer), Kurt Cobain, Michael Hutchence, Ayrton Senna.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    I echo the person who said Heath Ledger and Stephen Gately. I was also saddened by Patrick Swayze's death. Rest in Peace!

Also just remembered Mark Speight (truly tragic his death), Princess Diana and Jill Dando - truly chilling her death. I remember watching her last episode of crimewatch it didn't even occur to me i wouldn't see her present again.

Finally Arton Senna, now i was six at the time and i always used to watch the F1 races with Dad. I was traumatised when i witnessed his racing car crash into the wall. He was in intensive care possible a coma? not sure but in my naivity i presumed he would be ok. Couple days later Dad told me he had died and i realised then people don't live forever. I was truly devastated by the event.
  • Options
    MCSMCS Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    Luther Vandross
    Tammi Terrell
    Marvin Gaye
    Aaliyah
    Michael Jackson
    Donny Hathaway
    :cry:

There others as well
  • Options
    ChoccyCaroleChoccyCarole Posts: 8,867
    Forum Member
    Maggie Jones . :cry:[Blanche] a wonderful legend
    Michael Jackson :cry: OMG VERY sad and shocked
    Princess Diana :cry: hugely shocked and VERY upsetting :cry:
    Steve Irwin~:eek: so young and fit
    Bob Monkhouse~a legend
    Les Dawson ~another legend
    Fred Dibnah:cry:~I liked him
    Richard Whiteley~shocking
    Wendy Richards :cry: sad she died
    Ronnie Barker~A LEGEND
    Eric Morcambe and then Ernie Wise~HUGE LEGENDS
    Dudley Moore~shocked
    Freddie Mercury ~what a unique guy
    Paula Yates ~Bob Geldof's wife
    Dermot Morgan (Father Ted)~he lives on :)
    Patrick Swayze :cry:~not as fan through his film career ~but because he so tried~very hard to live/survive
    as did Farrah Fawcett
    Anna Nicole Smith~shocking death of a beautiful girl
    Michael Landon Little Joe [Bonanza]
    Elizabeth Montgomery [Samantha~Bewitched]
    Natlie Wood ~:cry:Very sad and suspicious
    Steve Irwin~was an unexpected shock
    John Lennon~such a dreadful murder
    George Harrison
    THE GOLDEN GIRLS
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Lennon as it was such a tragic and violent death just when he was getting his career back after being a house husband. Still often wonder if John hadn't died if there would have ever been a Beatles reunion.
  • Options
    Midnight RunnerMidnight Runner Posts: 1,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sir Bobby Robson - seemed like such a nice man.
  • Options
    Kat1966Kat1966 Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Lennon, still remember not believing my mum when she called up to me while I was getting ready for school. Really shocking and hard to believe that next year it will be 30 years since his death. I was brought up on Beatles music as my mum was a fan.

Princess Diana, hearing the news items at first that she had been in a car crash but was ok, then it went to slightly injured, then seriously injured then the announcement that she has died, still remember that to this day.

This year Michael Jackson's death surprised me, I just happened to switch over to Sky News in an advert break of Grey's Anatomy and saw reports he was ill, switched back for the next part of the programme, then the next advert break switched back and there were unconfirmed reports that he had died, so I kept Sky News on most of that night, I felt like a chunk of my teenage years had gone, I had danced so often to his songs. Farrah Fawcett, that was like losing a chunk of childhood years, as I was a huge Charlies Angels fan back in the day, and Stephen Gately, he just seemed too young to die.

Sir Bobby Robson's death also affected me, as a football fan and that he had played for my club West Bromwich Albion in his career, he always reminded me of my granddad and I did cry when I heard he had died and signed the book of remembrance at the club.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michael Jackson

Eddie Guerrero
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anna Nicole Smith, Chris Benoit (WWE), Natasha Richardson and Aaliyah.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,238
    Forum Member
    Sid James
  • Options
    Mrs CMrs C Posts: 1,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any sudden death is shocking..and when it's a well known person, it's more difficult to believe sometimes as you can still see and hear them..
    Whenever I listen to the Carpenters I think it's so sad that Karen can no longer make music for us to hear..she was a rare talent.
    Likewise...John Lennon, who knows what fantastic songs we never got to hear?
    Heath Leger
    Marvin Gaye
    Bruce Lee(and his son Brandon)
    Jmi Hendrix (just 27)
    Selena (Latino star shot by crazed employee aged 22)
    Andy Kaufman
    And of course Elvis

All that potential snuffed out too soon :cry:

And of course..there is the 27 Club
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_Club
    (Should Richey Edwards from the Manics be included here?)
  • Options
    sharrensharren Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    I cried when steven gatley died, I cried a lot more watching his funeral on sky news.even though im old enough to be his mother
  • Options
    Nellie1000Nellie1000 Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Snooker player Paul Hunter. I've followed the snooker since I was little and met Paul many times. He was a genuine nice guy who always had time to talk to you. I shall always remember having a drink with him and Matthew Stevens in a hotel in Dublin a couple of years before he became ill.
    There was a small tribute to Paul on the snooker coverage this week and I have to say I shed a tear. A young life cut short.
  • Options
    SeabirdSeabird Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bon Scott (original singer with AC/DC)

Kelly Johnson, lead guitarist with Girlschool, a fabulous role model for female rock musicians who died of cancer two and half years ago.

RIP
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael Jackson, Heath Ledger, Fred Dibnah, Maggie Jones, Tony Wilson, Louis Nye, George Best
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot to mention Jimmy Saville........oh wait, he's not dead.. And actually, when he does snuff it, I'll be the first to have a celebratory party.