Options

EastEnders - Inside the new Queen Vic.

2»

Comments

• Options
    simonipswichsimonipswich Posts: 1,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought perhaps they might have taken out that huge middle bit where the stairs are and repositioned them to make the bar area bigger, it just looks like it's been given a quick lick of paint and new wallpaper and that's it... no disappointed with that.
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    They've just redecorated the old set. Not very exciting at all!
    At least good old Crossroads made the effort and created a completely NEW Motel after their fire (with less money).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,460
    Forum Member
    Im very disapointed, the set so far looks like its been given a quick lick of paint, the fire will have caused some major damage. They could have done so much more, im hoping the upstairs at least has had a major change around.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    It looks the same :D oh well, least the Vic will be back :D
  • Options
    stick_of_rockstick_of_rock Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    You_Tell_MeYou_Tell_Me Posts: 219
    Forum Member

I love the outside. Love the two-tone red and in a strange way think it goes okay with the green. :o

Also love how real the brickwork looks.
  • Options
    wildbenji64wildbenji64 Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the outside. Love the two-tone red and in a strange way think it goes okay with the green. :o

I think it works too, I liked it in the first picture, but I like it even more in the new one. I didn't notice the two tone red on the first, I think it really works.
  • Options
    BBTIMEBBTIME Posts: 2,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still can't work out how they go up the stairs and end up near the kitchen. Surely they would have to run up from opposite side, away from the store room bit??
  • Options
    alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member

Ha the lamps Next to the door are so not level :D

It looks naked with out the window boxes, not more green:(
  • Options
    Donna2010Donna2010 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People are judging on one pic from one angel.

We have a new downstairs kitchen to see yet.
  • Options
    HellinglyHellingly Posts: 8,405
    Forum Member

That pic is a lot better than the other pics I've seen of the new exterior. Hadn't noticed the darker red bits before. Definitely looks more HD ready and like a real building.
  • Options
    thebill22thebill22 Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heres a link to a video with kat and rronnie and it hardly looks any different apart from new seating and a lick of paint on the bar.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI2mFJ37EHk&feature=channel
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMFG!! How can people not say its different? now I've seen inside I hate it :eek: it looks cheap and tacky.

:eek:

Give us the old one back!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thebill22 wrote: »
    Heres a link to a video with kat and rronnie and it hardly looks any different apart from new seating and a lick of paint on the bar.

That looks horrible. :eek: Especially the green bar, the seating and the floor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gmc93 wrote: »
    That looks horrible. :eek: Especially the green bar, the seating and the floor.

It looks like they have gone back to some dodgy 1970's set!!

Jeez. Well those who were saying it wasn't any different got egg on their faces. Its far worse than its ever been. Really hope it gets another make over or something. Thats appalling.
  • Options
    LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is it when a soap decides to go HD, they decide to throw that hideous pale green paint over the set?

Neighbours did EXACTLY the same thing when it went HD. Rooms became that colour, and now the EE bar is too.
  • Options
    I did It First!I did It First! Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Argh it is vile. What on earth where they thinking? :confused:

How very bad.... :eek:
  • Options
    ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    I quite like it - Very Kat & Alfie, it also seems bigger - i'm not sure what it is, it just seems it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thebill22 wrote: »

Those stool covers match Kats Dress. i wonder if she will change them each morning to co-ordinate with her outfit.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the Queen Victoria pub. What were you all expecting? Neon lights, lasers, smoke machines?
  • Options
    GloriaSnockersGloriaSnockers Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does seem bigger, not as cosy as before (despite the highly impractical table lighting!). There is also something about the bar that makes the area look empty and unfinished, as if the undercoat has gone on in preparation for something less spartan looking to go on top, but they forgot to add it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am starting to warm to liking the downstairs interior of the Queen Vic, I think that the colours and decor looks nice, fresh, modern and New!! :)

Although, if you look closely, alot of the stuff has become more cheaper and tacky... E.g. The light shades, kitchen decor and light switches (Yes, I do notice! Lol! etc. :sleep:
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the new kitchen, but it was a huge chance to have a layout change, modernise it a little. The upstairs for example, the place was gutted and yet every wall, fixture and fitting has been put back in the exact same spot.

EastEnders are so reluctant to change. Every other soap set has changed dramatically in their time, but all EastEnders do is slap on a new lick of paint after each arson attack :rolleyes:
  • Options
    laurenlawsonlaurenlawson Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new seats are vile. And those ridiculous books behind them make it look cluttered! They keep distracting me from the scene! Also, the bar doesn't look too bad, but the new kitchen looks out of place.
  • Options
    laurenlawsonlaurenlawson Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is it when a soap decides to go HD, they decide to throw that hideous pale green paint over the set?

Neighbours did EXACTLY the same thing when it went HD. Rooms became that colour, and now the EE bar is too.

What I don't get is why Coronation Street didn't have the pub changed when they went to HD and most of the sets there are EXACTLY the same as they were before! I think EastEnders just like to change the set's for the sake of it really, unless EastEnders had a REALLY cheap/tacky set!