Season 16: General Discussion, Videos, Pics, etc.

Comments

• edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was getting a bit irked by the look of it, because they usually give a good portion of time discussing each dance and couple. Victor is laid back with the anecdotes but he does like to chat and was interrupting the other speakers a bit, which looked to be grating on Anna :D:D:D:D I liked to hear about behind the scenes chat and antics. Especially as the other speakers were not really giving a gritty critique of the dances this week, It was a bit dull, Anna, was very PC and didn't seem to dislike anything, but then if you are friends with the pros suppose you can't say anything, other than be glowing about them.

Thought it was sweet Vic kissed Lisa on the head and she told him not to as she didn't want him to catch her bug.

Anna has really never been my favourite since she has been on this show for 10 seasons :eek: but Im slowly warming up to her ( she just seems so earnest/desperate to me :o; Im not saying this to be mean but that's just my impression of her since she has been on this show. I was so glad when Nicole won with Derek, the look on her face :eek::D, I will never forget it :D) .
    She looked offended and kind of sad and then there was an awkward silence when that caller said that she likes the new pros and all the changes made to the show because she thinks that some of the long-time pros (like Anna, Tony, Mark... ) lost their interest/passion for the show (I kind of agree with that caller because I feel like nowadays Derek/Mark/Kym just go through the motions especially Mark; like Mark just doesn't seem his usual self..I dont know...even after the show he is doing his gigs recording...singing.......)
    She has been very PC recently on this show (I wonder if its because she is not on the show and wouldnt like to " offend " anyone ) ; she always likes everyone's dance for the most part....
    I liked Sharna on the 1st how, now that girl was direct and didn't hold any punches . She commented on every contestant's dance during the 1st week and gave her opinion and was not afraid to criticise the contestant or the pro :cool:

And yes Lisa seems like a nice Lady, Im sure she is relieved though .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Speaking of AT (Val and Z ) , I really and I mean really hope that Val use a traditional AT song. Please no modern pop song or whatever there are tons of traditional songs for AT out there and plus it makes it even more special when its danced to traditional music :):):).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,123
    Forum Member
    edy10 wrote: »
    Anna has really never been my favourite since she has been on this show for 10 seasons :eek: but Im slowly warming up to her ( she just seems so earnest/desperate to me :o; Im not saying this to be mean but that's just my impression of her since she has been on this show. I was so glad when Nicole won with Derek, the look on her face :eek::D, I will never forget it :D) .
    She looked offended and kind of sad and then there was an awkward silence when that caller said that she likes the new pros and all the changes made to the show because she thinks that some of the long-time pros (like Anna, Tony, Mark... ) lost their interest/passion for the show (I kind of agree with that caller because I feel like nowadays Derek/Mark/Kym just go through the motions especially Mark; like Mark just doesn't seem his usual self..I dont know...even after the show he is doing his gigs recording...singing.......)
    She has been very PC recently on this show (I wonder if its because she is not on the show and wouldnt like to " offend " anyone ) ; she always likes everyone's dance for the most part....
    I liked Sharna on the 1st how, now that girl was direct and didn't hold any punches . She commented on every contestant's dance during the 1st week and gave her opinion and was not afraid to criticise the contestant or the pro :cool:

And yes Lisa seems like a nice Lady, Im sure she is relieved though .

Sharna was the most honest and I liked her take on the show, but thought last season, Shirley Ballas told it like it was which was refreshing now she really didn't sit on the fence.

Think Anna is a bit wishy washy.

That caller hit the nail on the head and probably having the new pros in this season put a few noses out of joint. They needed to get some new blood in and I have enjoyed this season more than the last few, which had become a bit stale with the regular pros. It is a show that highlights those good and great at choreography, from those that haven't got such a flare for it and not all the pros have, so let someone else have a go.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharna was the most honest and I liked her take on the show, but thought last season, Shirley Ballas told it like it was which was refreshing now she really didn't sit on the fence.

I totally agree with everything :cool::cool::cool:. Yes thats really one of the reasons I have a hard time warming up to Anna she seems a bit " fake " and by fake I mean very PC and not really honest .
  • fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been having a nose around Pure DwtS ;) - don't know if it's accurate...

Andy and Sharna - Paso (with Emma and Sasha)
    Aly and Mark - Samba (with ??)
    DL and Cheryl - Tango (with Chelsie and Sasha)
    Ingo and Kym - CCC (with Emma and Tony)
    Sean and Peta - Quickstep (with Chelsie and Tris)
    Victor and Lindsay - VW (with Emma and Tris)
    Zendaya and Val - AT (with Anna and Maks)
    Kellie and Derek - Foxtrot (with Anna and Henry)
    Jacoby and Karina - ?? (with Anna and Maks)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I totally agree with everything :cool::cool::cool:. Yes thats really one of the reasons I have a hard time warming up to Anna she seems a bit " fake " and by fake I mean very PC and not really honest .

It's weird, because I've always thought of Anna as an outspoken firecracker (and liked her for it), but her comments on this show are just safe.

Sharna was much better.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    Been having a nose around Pure DwtS ;) - don't know if it's accurate...

Aly and Mark - Samba (with ??)

Nooooooo Dont go to the darkside :eek::eek::eek::D:D:p

Btw they are actually accurate because most of it has been revealed through interviews. They may be a little crazy :p:p but they are usually spot on with Dwts infos ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's weird, because I've always thought of Anna as an outspoken firecracker (and liked her for it), but her comments on this show are just safe.

Sharna was much better.

Yes Anna has always been outspoken but what Im saying is that Ive noticed her changed or being a little more PC since season 10 when she lost with Evan :cool:.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nooooooo Dont go to the darkside :eek::eek::D:p

Btw they are actually accurate because most of it has been revealed through interviews. They may be a little crazy :p:p but they are usually spot on with Dwts infos ;)

I know some of the updates have come from tweets, but I didn't bother checking them myself...

Wonder what Jacoby has?

(About the darkside ;)...I think the mods in that place are a bit nuts, but if you read the comments discussing the show generally, it's fairly reasonable :). Kind of... :p).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That caller hit the nail on the head and probably having the new pros in this season put a few noses out of joint. They needed to get some new blood in and I have enjoyed this season more than the last few, which had become a bit stale with the regular pros. It is a show that highlights those good and great at choreography, from those that haven't got such a flare for it and not all the pros have, so let someone else have a go.

BIB Exactly .
    Besides my favourites Z and Val ;), Im enjoying all the new pros and their partnerships;Andy, Victor, Lisa are not the best dancers out there but I really like to see each week the bond that they have with their respective dance partners and the routines created each week.
    I always forget that Ingo is on the show (which is not good ).
    Im sick and tired of Mark and Derek although Mark is less annoying this season but I still wonder why Derek came back ? I thought the Allstars was his last season :rolleyes:.
    And as much as I like Karina, I dont want her to win again but Im sure she will ..
    Oddly enough this is the only season where I like Peta and its mostly because I like her partnership with Sean.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cast photos - arriving at rehearsals
    Lots of Peta and Sean. Lindsay, Karina, Jacoby, Sharna, Andy and a random one of Julianne elsewhere in LA :rolleyes:.

Jacoby believes he can fly

Sharna and Andy

Jacoby, Karina and Kellie 'race'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.accesshollywood.com/zendayas-dancing-with-the-stars-blog-i-loved-channeling-my-inner-beyonce_article_77935

" I was kind of disappointed in Len’s comments because I thought my 20 second solo should reflect who I am, not necessarily the style of dance we had. So when he said he wanted to see more samba in my solo, I wanted to yell out to him, “but I’m a hip-hop dancer!” But of course I would never do that!! LOL "

Wow I love her confidence :eek::cool::cool:

Thank God she didnt say that :o:D

Awww how sweet to see how they are so supportive of each other :). Love that :)
    What a sweet thing to say :). I Love , Love , absolutely this partnership :).

"I want to talk about Val. He SO deserved the recognition to dance on Tuesday night because he is AWESOME. Even though he didn’t want to be singled out, I am so proud he is my partner in this! He is like a big brother to me, but also such a strong mentor and teacher. He is fiercely competitive and I love that about him. We watch videos of our dance over and over and focus on all the details to make it better and better. His choreography is simply on point! Did you notice that every week the judges compliment him for that because he is GENIUS?!! I love how important family is to him and how close he and his brother are. Simply put, this guy is the definition of SWAG!! "

She is so well spoken for her age and acts at least 10 years older than she is tbh; she is just so mature. She has a bright future ahead of her, good role model for young kids :).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • sweetmisssweetmiss Posts: 3,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zendaya and Val
    http://instagram.com/p/YA5e4TD0bO/
    Nice blog by Zendaya :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sweetmiss wrote: »
    Zendaya and Val
    http://instagram.com/p/YA5e4TD0bO/
    Nice blog by Zendaya :)

lol , cant wait for their AT :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aly and Mark - Samba (with Whitney and Tony)

Jacoby's been doing jumps over Karina's head. Could be a jive..... or they could just be messing about ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    Jacoby & Karina are dancing Jive
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    robin1 wrote: »
    Jacoby & Karina are dancing Jive

Derek's blog
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zendaya and Val - video including some rehearsal stuff
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ABC press release..
    In another first for "Dancing with the Stars," a new twist called "Len's Side By Side Challenge" tasks each couple to perform a portion of their individual dance alongside a pro dance couple. The pro couples will include returning favorites Maksim Chmerkovskiy, Anna Trebunskaya, Tristan MacManus, Tony Dovolani, Gleb Savchenko and Chelsie Hightower. This new twist will allow the audience as well as judges to compare the celebrity's dance technique in real time to a professional's. Monday will also feature a show stopping opening number with the entire cast, returning pros and dance troupe.

Gleb? :confused:

The entire cast routine should be fun :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,123
    Forum Member
    ABC press release..
    In another first for "Dancing with the Stars," a new twist called "Len's Side By Side Challenge" tasks each couple to perform a portion of their individual dance alongside a pro dance couple. The pro couples will include returning favorites Maksim Chmerkovskiy, Anna Trebunskaya, Tristan MacManus, Tony Dovolani, Gleb Savchenko and Chelsie Hightower. This new twist will allow the audience as well as judges to compare the celebrity's dance technique in real time to a professional's. Monday will also feature a show stopping opening number with the entire cast, returning pros and dance troupe.

Gleb? :confused:

The entire cast routine should be fun :eek:

Why confused about Gleb, soupy? Do you mean in regards who he will be dancing with?

Thanks for the links.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2308346/Kellie-Pickler-Derek-Hough-share-warm-embrace-cast-Dancing-With-The-Stars-leave-grueling-rehearsal.html