The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 7)

Comments

• Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ABFAN1 wrote: »

Yep this one works thanks...:)
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I feel like actually Syco built Alex up to a good place, especially 2010. She ruled radio, had a #1 without the X Factor and people actually liked her...

Ever since she changed her management and moved to RCA, she's had no radio support, her single was lucky to get a top 3 and her reputation is in tatters. She has the worst management ever. She should have signed to Columbia or someone else...I feel like Simon screwed her over by sending her to RCA, look what they did to Diana Vickers...and even Marcus and Aiden are not being managed well.

I think I can safely say that she jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire with this one...imo she should have just tried to leave Sony completely and tried to get with UMG preferably Island. Jessie J and The Wanted are managed brilliantly. Alex on the other hand has the worst management, she doesn't deserve this.

I like Alex's material now as much as I did then but I don't think that's the problem, it's the budget for productions/videos IMO.

Syco gave that to Alex at the beginning but it soon faded out.

I always said she should have left RCA altogether and her mum (Melissa) is also agreeing that Alex's management are rubbish so I'm sure Alex is aware of the situation if her own mother is thinking it, I think LIG will be a hit anyhow... Quite a few people like/enjoy the video and I'm one of them so... If Elephant video can top video airplay charts then LIG will do that and more.

Maybe Alex has something up her sleeve reguarding labels, especially if her family are thinking it... they would have approached Alex about the situation. She's quite clever Alex is :)
  • djc_22djc_22 Posts: 1,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why they haven't uploaded it on her Vevo yet. It's not like it's that hard to upload it FFS. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Yep this one works thanks...:)

No Problem
    Forum Member
    djc_22 wrote: »
    I don't understand why they haven't uploaded it on her Vevo yet. It's not like it's that hard to upload it FFS. :mad:

David said that said it only got submitted Friday and it takes a min of 3 days to be uploaded onto her VEVO channel.

They both said it could even be THURSDAY earlier.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member

I love it, she looks hot and the choreography is great! :D
    Forum Member
    JustArun wrote: »
    I love it, she looks hot and the choreography is great! :D

Yay, I like it aswell! lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member

Thanks so much
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shoed wrote: »
    I like Alex's material now as much as I did then but I don't think that's the problem, it's the budget for productions/videos IMO.

Syco gave that to Alex at the beginning but it soon faded out.

I always said she should have left RCA altogether and her mum (Melissa) is also agreeing that Alex's management are rubbish so I'm sure Alex is aware of the situation if her own mother is thinking it, I think LIG will be a hit anyhow... Quite a few people like/enjoy the video and I'm one of them so... If Elephant video can top video airplay charts then LIG will do that and more.

Maybe Alex has something up her sleeve reguarding labels, especially if her family are thinking it... they would have approached Alex about the situation. She's quite clever Alex is :)

Hmm I agree...her material has always been fine, but everyone knows that nowadays the material is not the whole story to a hit (and neither are vocals now either it seems), it's the marketing/production that is the key. If things look expensive, they usually always do better unless the artist is just doomed to flop (sorry Alesha). Great management/promo teams also go a long long long way to making a song smash.

My advice to Alex is ride this era over now then get out of Sony completely....it may be wise for Alex to attempt to crack the US while she still can, but if she's planning on using this management then she will flop there, and RCA US artists are not doing that well tbh. Personally I think she should attempt to leave Sony and sign to a UMG label who aren't plagued by money issues like Sony. I get the impression that RCA don't care much for her either and I think THEY are the reason (not Alex) why she's not getting played on radio, I think that Mark guy from Capital actually revealed more than he meant to personally.

She will need to promote the hell out of LIG though...hopefully R1 will throw some weight behind her....even a C-list would be enough imo...and seeing as though they have a rivalry with Capital atm they may do just that...
    Forum Member
    Thanks so much

no worry m8 enjoy :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OH. MY. GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!" I LOVE ITT! AHH! I cannot stop watching it. Thanks to whoever posted that link! OMGGGG! :D I am annoyed about the shitty VEVO situation and the shit channel it premiered on but, the video makes up for it!!! :D :cool:
    Forum Member
    Yay, I like it aswell! lol

I'm sure I'll love it even more when it's in HD and on her VEVO page haha. :D:D:D

Thank you ABFAN for uploading it. :D
    Forum Member
    I'm sure I'll love it even more when it's in HD and on her VEVO page haha. :D:D:D

Thank you ABFAN for uploading it. :D

anything for alex fans :D
    Forum Member

:D:D

On that note can I just say I would love for Alex to do a beach video some day. :)
    Forum Member
    :D:D

On that note can I just say I would love for Alex to do a beach video some day. :)

Same... they could have done a beachy/summery video for Let It Go while she was in the caribean...

I like the LIG video but her label can't always rely on London as the location :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THERE IS one thing I do hate about it, all those earrings or whatever they are on Alex's ears when she has her hair up.. wtf is that all about, it looked like she had a hearing aid in when I first saw. LOL. The rest of the video is amazing though! I love it!
    Forum Member
    Same... they could have done a beachy/summery video for Let It Go while she was in the caribean...

I like the LIG video but her label can't always rely on London as the location :rolleyes:

I know right, I love it...but I wanted Alex to do a video similiar to what The Saturdays did with Higher in LA, that was a great video. :)
    Forum Member
    I know right, I love it...but I wanted Alex to do a video similiar to what The Saturdays did with Higher in LA, that was a great video. :)

Higher was basic lol! Love the song but the vieo... not as much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Was Higher even filmed in LA lol...it looked like some cheap warehouse set imo...

I agree, the videos she's shot in the US have always been better...even ANL wasn't that bad actually....even a video somewhere in the Mediterranean would be good imo
    Forum Member
    Was Higher even filmed in LA lol...it looked like some cheap warehouse set imo...

I agree, the videos she's shot in the US have always been better...even ANL wasn't that bad actually....even a video somewhere in the Mediterranean would be good imo

Higher was done in Universal Studios lool
    I do NOT want Alex to have a video like that
    Forum Member

Are we talking about the same video LMAO? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35LA3Rb6VOQ&feature=relmfu :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are we talking about the same video LMAO? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35LA3Rb6VOQ&feature=relmfu :D

Look at all the houses etc....faker than Frankie's nose....if Alex does an LA video, I'd like her to be driving in Santa Monica then dancing on the beach...the concept is sooo done but it always works imo
    Forum Member

It was done in Universal Studios which will be a set.... not actual houses :P is what Zack means.
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Lol she's worse than that girl from X Factor Holland (Danielle? care to help me there Tim? :p) and she got the lyrics wrong :-/

I haven't seen the video yet....I'll try and catch it now tbh...:)

Danielle was pretty good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=athqraQ_39k

Here's another cover of Bad Boys

by Pearl Jozefzoon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok6xro9XDGk&feature=related
    Forum Member

Your recording has made ThatGrapeJuice LMAO
    god, everyone is so desp just to see it ... we're resulting to LQ :(

but ty haha!
This discussion has been closed.