Options

The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 7)

Comments

• Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shoed wrote: »
    Alex went out with her family and tweamburke last night and they say tweamburke is for everyone 8-)

Did you get snubbed or something lol....tbh I'm just here for the music/her talent....as long as she stays in the game I'm happy...:)
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Did you get snubbed or something lol....tbh I'm just here for the music/her talent....as long as she stays in the game I'm happy...:)

Must have LMAO dead.

I am here for her music/talent........ but I do personally think she is going to the face the sophomore slump with this album.

Gonna be honest...
    Elephant was by no means good enough for a lead single, the video was awful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must have LMAO dead.

I am here for her music/talent........ but I do personally think she is going to the face the sophomore slump with this album.

Gonna be honest...
    Elephant was by no means good enough for a lead single, the video was awful.

If she pulls it out of the bag with the second single then I think she'll do fine.....but she HAS to pull it out of the bag or I can see this being her Echo/Young Foolish Happy....:-/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If she pulls it out of the bag with the second single then I think she'll do fine.....but she HAS to pull it out of the bag or I can see this being her Echo/Young Foolish Happy....:-/

I'm feeling Rita Ora this era more anyway, I can see me being a massive stan for her soon.

I can see Alex doing worse then a Pixie if i'm being honest.
    Pixie isn't by any means 'hated'. I reckon Alex's singles will do alright but I think the album sales are going to drop loads. I don't think she'll be able to re-live Overcome sales.

Overcome re-release kinda proved it also.
  • Options
    djc_22djc_22 Posts: 1,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm feeling Rita Ora this era more anyway, I can see me being a massive stan for her soon.

I can see Alex doing worse then a Pixie if i'm being honest.
    Pixie isn't by any means 'hated'. I reckon Alex's singles will do alright but I think the album sales are going to drop loads. I don't think she'll be able to re-live Overcome sales.

Overcome re-release kinda proved it also.

I kinda have that feeling as well. I hope it'll prove me wrong! *praying* lol :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    djc_22 wrote: »
    I kinda have that feeling as well. I hope it'll prove me wrong! *praying* lol :D

Unfortunately I don't think she will....
    I personally don't think Capital will get on board for the second single but we'll see.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Hey guys,

I live in Quebec, French province of Canada... and we have a show called Star Academie here.... kinda like the French Star Academy and Alex did a video to encourage one of the Female finalists ! She was awesome ! Will post a link once they upload it on the staracademie.ca website
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately I don't think she will....
    I personally don't think Capital will get on board for the second single but we'll see.

You just come across salty cos u were not invited to the party thingy last night.

Anyway new to this forum stuff! Hi everyone
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Shayeeee wrote: »
    You just come across salty cos u were not invited to the party thingy last night.

Anyway new to this forum stuff! Hi everyone

Partly but I just tried to remain positive for ALEX and as a stan, this is my real thoughts boo.

I ARGUE about Alex IRL and online....

You'll see when her album sales DROP massively.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Spitweet wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I live in Quebec, French province of Canada... and we have a show called Star Academie here.... kinda like the French Star Academy and Alex did a video to encourage one of the Female finalists ! She was awesome ! Will post a link once they upload it on the staracademie.ca website

Sounds cool
    is the programme viewed a lot? Could be good exposure for Alex.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spitweet wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Lol I've seen the French Star Academy....thanks for telling us and do post a link when you get one! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Partly but I just tried to remain positive for ALEX and as a stan, this is my real thoughts boo.

I ARGUE about Alex IRL and online....

You'll see when her album sales DROP massively.

WTF....the thing hasn't even been released and we've had ONE single....that's really dramatic and quite stupid tbh. If the second single flops with no radio support then yes, but considering she got playlisted and has regained some support, she's doing well so far.

As long as the second single remains a top 3 charting as well (preferably #1) RCA will support her and hopefully radio will pick her up more...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    WTF....the thing hasn't even been released and we've had ONE single....that's really dramatic and quite stupid tbh. If the second single flops with no radio support then yes, but considering she got playlisted and has regained some support, she's doing well so far.

As long as the second single remains a top 3 charting as well (preferably #1) RCA will support her and hopefully radio will pick her up more...

It's my opinion/prediction... if you don't agree with it then that's cool.

You can think differently, I've just got a bad feeling about this era PERSONALLY.

I hope she proves me wrong though :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's my opinion/prediction... if you don't agree with it then that's cool.

You can think differently, I've just got a bad feeling about this era PERSONALLY.

I hope she proves me wrong though :)

Well things didn't get off to a good start...I'm still shocked that Elephant is #3....I will be reserving judgement until the 2nd single premieres....if it features Wretch then I will be at crisis point as a stan....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well things didn't get off to a good start...I'm still shocked that Elephant is #3....I will be reserving judgement until the 2nd single premieres....if it features Wretch then I will be at crisis point as a stan....

LMAOOO oh I know it's going to be WRETCH - I just know.
    Alex's brother basically confirmed it then denied it once he dropped himself in it.

It will be a MESS if Wretch is the feature, I just PRAY it is not him and it is someone respected in the industry... Hoping it's someone who has a big following in the US. Alex needs exposure in the US, UK duets aren't going to get her anywhere IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LMAOOO oh I know it's going to be WRETCH - I just know.
    Alex's brother basically confirmed it then denied it once he dropped himself in it.

It will be a MESS if Wretch is the feature, I just PRAY it is not him and it is someone respected in the industry... Hoping it's someone who has a big following in the US. Alex needs exposure in the US, UK duets aren't going to get her anywhere IMO.

She can have Wretch on the UK album, but she'll definitely need to release something else/choose a different single if she ever decides to go to the US....

It's weird how David has never said anything about the US either....I don't think there are any concrete plans at all tbh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She can have Wretch on the UK album, but she'll definitely need to release something else/choose a different single if she ever decides to go to the US....

It's weird how David has never said anything about the US either....I don't think there are any concrete plans at all tbh.

I dm'ed him about US plans and he ignored me
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dm'ed him about US plans and he ignored me

If she's managed to blag a Beyoncé support slot in the US, then she will pretty much break the US, but I just don't know at this stage....as I've said before the album will tell us whether she really does have international plans on her mind...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling the Wretch rumours are true too....notice how it's always the long running rumours that come true. Just like Elephant...that was circulating for ages.....I also think the David Guetta rumours are true but that the track is not for her album....

It seems weird that she's gone with a Cutfather track when there is a Benny Benassi one supposedly floating around....so either they thought that it was stronger, or the Benny rumours are false....

Either way I just hope that this era turns out ok...:-/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling the Wretch rumours are true too....notice how it's always the long running rumours that come true. Just like Elephant...that was circulating for ages.....I also think the David Guetta rumours are true but that the track is not for her album....

It seems weird that she's gone with a Cutfather track when there is a Benny Benassi one supposedly floating around....so either they thought that it was stronger, or the Benny rumours are false....

Either way I just hope that this era turns out ok...:-/

I really hope it's not Wretch but I have that bad feeling it's him :(

It is weird she's gone with the Cutfather track, I thought it'd be that Michael Woods track.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look how close Alex and Emeli Sande was :eek:

3 Alexandra Burke/Erick Morillo 42,387
    4 Emeli Sande 41,410
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I really hope it's not Wretch but I have that bad feeling it's him :(

It is weird she's gone with the Cutfather track, I thought it'd be that Michael Woods track.

Ye I thought the Michael Woods track would have been the second single, especially after everyone said it was a BANGER...

Y'never know though, this track could be hot. *HOPEFULLY*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Look how close Alex and Emeli Sande was :eek:

3 Alexandra Burke/Erick Morillo 42,387
    4 Emeli Sande 41,410

Wow, she just got that #3 spot literally.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ye I thought the Michael Woods track would have been the second single, especially after everyone said it was a BANGER...

Y'never know though, this track could be hot. *HOPEFULLY*

Didn't they just recorded the Cutfather track weeks ago? They seem to have chosen to release it rather quickly.

And Yes, hopefully it's hot :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't they just recorded the Cutfather track weeks ago? They seem to have chosen to release it rather quickly.

And Yes, hopefully it's hot :D

Same here....the fact that it got recorded so quickly makes me wonder whether there is any feature on it at all....either way I hope it's a good track....it needs to be more instant than Elephant tbh.
This discussion has been closed.