Arrow Season 4 - US Pace Spoilers tagged

Comments

• Alien28Alien28 Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The final fight reminded me exactly of the ending of Dark Knight Rises...people with guns forget they have them and the "hero" uses brute force punches repeatedly...despite the fact that never worked previously. As you say two ex-LoA should have had even a moderately more "interesting" fight than that...they even stopped for an extended chat before Arrow killed DD...did DD not think to use some LOA training or his magic to disarm the Ollie...yes his magic no longer works on Ollie, but he's used it on inanimate objects like his arrows plenty of times. He seemed only unable to use his magic on Ollie directly.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    So, just rewatched the final 'battle' between DD and Oliver and my goodness, these two ex-LOA warriors really went to town on each other didn't they...

I'll recap it.

Punch, punch, punch, the end. Bravo writing and fight team, it blew my mind :(

Ollie was probably still worn-out from all the pointless flipping he done against Vinnie Jones the other week.
  • krazikrazi Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched the final episode. I can't believe what I've seen feels like it was written by a ten year old. It was just childish. At the end none of the characters were likeable.
  • MR_PitkinMR_Pitkin Posts: 30,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So all that was needed was the might odd the people to defeat Darkhs magic? Really??
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Is anybody reading the Rebirth comics from DC?

Just in case I'll put this in spoilers.
    The Watchmen are now part of the main DC Universe.

So in the future they may get a TV show or show up in a series.
    Forum Member
    "Did you forget I'm a former member of the League of Assassins?"

https://i.imgur.com/B42Wo1n.gifv

The choreographers think they deserve an Emmy for that btw.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I think think the big fight wasn't very good.

TBF he did say former maybe he only hung around a few days ;)
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    krazi wrote: »
    Just watched the final episode. I can't believe what I've seen feels like it was written by a ten year old. It was just childish. At the end none of the characters were likeable.

That ending was brain bendingly bad.

You had Darkh able to move a bullet in the guys chest from a distance, but he was unable to take Ollies arrows from the quiver and stab him with them?.

Also, why do shows such as these consistently show nukes still attached to the rocket delivery system?. Even a kiddie knows that they would calve and the warheads disperse under gravity and so would be unable to change course....

I will be honest and say it was better the Flashes pile of poo ending, but not by much.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MR_Pitkin wrote: »
    So all that was needed was the might odd the people to defeat Darkhs magic? Really??

Yes, proving someone watched Ghostbusters 2 before they wrote it.:D
  • Captain StableCaptain Stable Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What did Ollie do to negate Dhark's magic?

I know he learnt from from the shamen a few episodes ago, and had demonstrated that he could negate it, but at the start of this episode he's stopped once again.
    He then explains that Dhark is powered up from the nuke deaths (last episode), so his training is no good.

Yet less than 2 hours later he can stop Dhark just like that! What changed?
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What did Ollie do to negate Dhark's magic?

I know he learnt from from the shamen a few episodes ago, and had demonstrated that he could negate it, but at the start of this episode he's stopped once again.
    He then explains that Dhark is powered up from the nuke deaths (last episode), so his training is no good.

Yet less than 2 hours later he can stop Dhark just like that! What changed?

It had been stated before that it was because of Felicity's hope that Ollie had the ability to negate Darhk's magic, but that the nuke deaths meant that Felicity's hope was no longer enough.

Cue Ollie giving a rousing speech on the streets, a speech that the public considered so awesome and inspiring that they all became hopeful despite their impending death-by-nuke... and that mass-hope powered Ollie's anti-Darhk ability, as shown by his eye's changing.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    It had been stated before that it was because of Felicity's hope that Ollie had the ability to negate Darhk's magic, but that the nuke deaths meant that Felicity's hope was no longer enough.

Cue Ollie giving a rousing speech on the streets, a speech that the public considered so awesome and inspiring that they all became hopeful despite their impending death-by-nuke... and that mass-hope powered Ollie's anti-Darhk ability, as shown by his eye's changing.

Yep, about 100 hopeful idiots outweigh the souped up DD with his thousands of dead. It really was awfully cheesy and poorly executed:(
    Forum Member
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »

That clip also reminds me how amazing her english accent is as well.
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Is anybody reading the Rebirth comics from DC?

Just in case I'll put this in spoilers.
    The Watchmen are now part of the main DC Universe.

So in the future they may get a TV show or show up in a series.
    Interesting. Wouldn't this make the blue guy the most powerful force (within) the superhero/villain universe though?

Either way, I loved the film, and would be more than happy if (said team) either showed up in an episode of one of the shows, or had their own show. Maybe Rip Hunter can have us meet some of them?
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,429
    Forum Member
    Just binge watched this season and wow that finale was one of the worst ones I have ever watched. So predictable, cringey, boring and just dull. Oliver's speech, the final fight with DD, the nuclear storyline, Curtis in general.. All just so boring.

Also still can't believe they killed Laurel off, she was my favourite character and had so much more to bring compared to the others, the last two seasons her character development has been great. If they insisted on killing off a main character I would much rather have seen dull Dingle or Thea go. At least Laurel's death has received a lot of backlash.

Definitely the weakest season but still an enjoyable season (apart from the last 4 episodes), really wasn't a fan of the flashbacks though. Didn't like the Russian girl and the story was just filler with no real excitement.
    Forum Member
    Tyyleer wrote: »
    Also still can't believe they killed Laurel off, she was my favourite character and had so much more to bring compared to the others, the last two seasons her character development has been great. If they insisted on killing off a main character I would much rather have seen dull Dingle or Thea go. At least Laurel's death has received a lot of backlash.
    I suppose there's some sense of irony in that not so long ago, people wanted Laurel to be killed off, and now that she has been, the same people aren't happy about it. :p
    Tyyleer wrote: »
    Definitely the weakest season but still an enjoyable season (apart from the last 4 episodes), really wasn't a fan of the flashbacks though. Didn't like the Russian girl and the story was just filler with no real excitement.
    I think many people would agree that this seasons flaskbacks have been the worst yet; they were too slow paced. Season 5 should be interesting though, cause Ollie is over in Russia, and that Czech guy (I think he's Czech) from SGA should be back on the scene as an ally.

Anyone know who the new team member is suppose to be going forward? I was hoping Batman, but then my unrealistic expectations might be set a tad high.
    Forum Member
    They killed Laurel because they 'ran out of stories' for her.

In unrelated news, they've just cast Josh Segarra to play the new D.A. who is also a vigilante. Called Vigilante. (funnily enough, he sounds like The Punisher, which is what the Arrow subreddit turned into after the Arrow finale turned out to be a load of bollocks)

Also cast Rick Gonzalez to play Wild Dog, who sounds like the new Roy. Which is weird because Roy is supposed to be coming back for a bit.
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They killed Laurel because, for whatever reason, Katie Cassidy never really got a decent enough fan base and because they really didn't know what to do with the character when it was obvious there was zero chemistry with her and Stephen Amell (imho anyways).
    Forum Member
    The real reason they killed Laurel is because the Tumblr idiots still deemed her a threat to 'Olicity'. For some bizarre reason Marc Guggenheim thinks it's a good idea to pander to those people, so he wrote her out and mad up a bunch of nonsense about why it made sense to be her.

I'm not sad to see her gone, but the circumstances are insulting. The number of people criticising the show (including the 3 main cast members, DC higher-ups, critics and fans) really should have seen him relieved of his duties. No such luck.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The real reason they killed Laurel is because the Tumblr idiots still deemed her a threat to 'Olicity'. For some bizarre reason Marc Guggenheim thinks it's a good idea to pander to those people, so he wrote her out and mad up a bunch of nonsense about why it made sense to be her.

I'm not sad to see her gone, but the circumstances are insulting. The number of people criticising the show (including the 3 main cast members, DC higher-ups, critics and fans) really should have seen him relieved of his duties. No such luck.

I don't think that's the case at all. Laurel wasn't particularly well used long before Felicity ever came on the show.
    Which three main cast members have been criticising the show?

And in other unrelated news, they've cast Artemis.
    Forum Member
    Cadiva wrote: »
    They killed Laurel because, for whatever reason, Katie Cassidy never really got a decent enough fan base and because they really didn't know what to do with the character when it was obvious there was zero chemistry with her and Stephen Amell (imho anyways).
    The real reason they killed Laurel is because the Tumblr idiots still deemed her a threat to 'Olicity'.
    The actual reason isn't know to any of us. It's all speculation and opinion. From the articles I've read, it was done purely for shock factor. Laurel (because of her connection to Ollie in the comics) was the least likely person people were suspecting to be killed off. Most people thought Lance or Felicity (before she was shown in the car that time).

I would agree that there was no chemistry between Stephen and Kate, but then I've never personally rated Kate as an actress, her Arrow character aside, I've only seen her elsewhere during a short stint in Supernatural, and she came across as a little ... wooden in that too.

She wont be missed. Sara was the better Canary in my opinion. If she ever leaves the Legends team, I'd like to see her return to Star City and (re)join the team.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    The actual reason isn't know to any of us. It's all speculation and opinion..

Well yes that's pretty much a given and I did specifically put imho on my comment but considering they have said they struggled with how to use Laurel's character I think it's more likely related to that than a bunch of vocal fans :D

As it may get missed as I edited my other post, Madison McLaughlin has been confirmed as returning as Evelyn Sharp/Artemis for Season Five and the show's back Wednesday, Oct. 5.
    Forum Member
    Cadiva wrote: »
    As it may get missed as I edited my other post, Madison McLaughlin has been confirmed as returning as Evelyn Sharp/Artemis for Season Five and the show's back Wednesday, Oct. 5.
    Another Archer on the team? I know the show is called Arrow, but three Archers (four when Roy returns). Ain't that a bit much? :p
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Flash525 wrote: »
    Another Archer on the team? I know the show is called Arrow, but three Archers (four when Roy returns). Ain't that a bit much? :p

Whose the 3, there's only Oliver left isn't there, Thea resigned from team arrow