Sky Not Doing Deals Anymore?

Comments

• dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jcm193 wrote: »
    Not sure we are currently on a deal for supposedly 50% off but its not that any more with price increase after price increase i thought i had to wait until our account was terminated before i could use this

No, you have processed your cancellation, the only reason you are still able to view Sky, is because you have already paid a month in advance...so you can apply the offer from now.
  • jcm193jcm193 Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    No, you have processed your cancellation, the only reason you are still able to view Sky, is because you have already paid a month in advance...so you can apply the offer from now.
    We took your advice a contact there online team he processed my deal he said it would be 40.25 but my sky shows 43.00 for some reason any way.

He said he had cancelled my termination so ive no idea if we are on a new 12 month deal or a continuation of the old one he did mention about re-contracting use for 12 months but my wife told him that all of the other deals we have had did not require a new contract ( we are currently on a 30 day rolling contract )

I will give sky a call in the morning to try and work out what`s going on either way.
  • jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just given notice (contract ends in June) and my deals so far;

By email; 15% off - delete.
    On the phone; 35% off for 9 months.
    After cancelling, MySky offering 35% off for 12 months on TV packages (so presumably not HD, multiscreen etc).

I'm not coming back, but will keep an eye out for better deals! They most certainly are offering deals, but maybe this time around I won't get such a good offer as I had dropped movies and sport, so wasn't as valuable a customer as I was two years ago when paying almost full price.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jonmorris wrote: »
    I've just given notice (contract ends in June) and my deals so far;

By email; 15% off - delete.
    On the phone; 35% off for 9 months.
    After cancelling, MySky offering 35% off for 12 months on TV packages (so presumably not HD, multiscreen etc).

I'm not coming back, but will keep an eye out for better deals! They most certainly are offering deals, but maybe this time around I won't get such a good offer as I had dropped movies and sport, so wasn't as valuable a customer as I was two years ago when paying almost full price.

I have only ever had either the variety or family pack, never anything else unless there was an offer, like half price movies and I got 50% off.

Look at your Sky Interactive account or use the Sky Service app that is where I found my 50% off offer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jcm193 wrote: »
    We took your advice a contact there online team he processed my deal he said it would be 40.25 but my sky shows 43.00 for some reason any way.

He said he had cancelled my termination so ive no idea if we are on a new 12 month deal or a continuation of the old one he did mention about re-contracting use for 12 months but my wife told him that all of the other deals we have had did not require a new contract ( we are currently on a 30 day rolling contract )

I will give sky a call in the morning to try and work out what`s going on either way.

£43.00 is what it goes up to from June....I would imagine the £40.25 is what it is at the moment, I know when I did live chat I made sure I asked what the cost would be from June.
  • jcm193jcm193 Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £43.00 is what it goes up to from June....I would imagine the £40.25 is what it is at the moment, I know when I did live chat I made sure I asked what the cost would be from June.
    Thanks for that ive just come off the phone from them and it is indeed £43 from June despite the on line chat saying it would be £ 40.25 i will keep an eye on it and if it continues to rise during the next 12 months we may cancel again as we are on our rolling contract.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have only ever had either the variety or family pack, never anything else unless there was an offer, like half price movies and I got 50% off.

Look at your Sky Interactive account or use the Sky Service app that is where I found my 50% off offer.

I will keep looking just for fun but I have no plans to come back to Sky anytime soon. I wonder if they still offer such deals if you've left it a year or more?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Just accepted the 50% discount! I cancelled my subscription on Sunday through chat and they only offered me a "fantastic" deal of 25% so proceeded with cancellation. Having read this thread I found the 50% discount on the Sky Services app but chat told me it had expired and they could only offer 35% so I told them that it was still on the app with no time limit so how come. Then told to phone the number given and they gave me the 50% off the TV package for 12 months but had to pay full price for HD+ & multi room so £53.75 for Variety & Sport.
  • SpartanWoddySpartanWoddy Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    Just got 30% discount for 5 years, 12 month contract. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got 30% discount for 5 years, 12 month contract. :)

Why are you happy with that? seems a poor deal to me.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will keep looking just for fun but I have no plans to come back to Sky anytime soon. I wonder if they still offer such deals if you've left it a year or more?

I think you can qualify for new customer offers after 12 months of not being a customer...

Agreed. There are far better deals out there.
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If they are happy with that deal, that is their prerogative surely?

Just because you wouldn't be happy, doesn't mean that others are not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    35% off for five years but with the option to leave any time after a year sounds like a good deal for both parties. You get some peace of mind and don't need to play games every 9-12 months (depending on the length of a discount), and Sky is more likely to have you stay as you will feel obliged to stay so as not to 'lose' the deal.

Few people get 50% off for more than a year at a time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    35% off for five years but with the option to leave any time after a year sounds like a good deal for both parties. You get some peace of mind and don't need to play games every 9-12 months (depending on the length of a discount), and Sky is more likely to have you stay as you will feel obliged to stay so as not to 'lose' the deal.

Few people get 50% off for more than a year at a time.

Once a year....to get an extra 20% off at least, then worth those games. But if they are happy with 30% (not 35%) that is fine...but it isn't a good deal.
  • DipsDips Posts: 1,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that they give you 30% off for FIVE years should tell you it's not a good deal. Obviously if someone has never haggled with them before then they would see it as a good deal but it's below average imo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the best deal is the 100% discount that some people have been offered, but if all you can get is 50% then is that a badly negotiated deal?

I was also on a VIP plan for a while, where all additional purchases (i.e. Sky Store) were half price or even less. Unfortunately, it wasn't permanent.

I didn't realise it was 30%, not 35%, but a fixed period gives peace of mind - and what's to say you can't still call up to renegotiate after 12 months? I mean, you'll be free to leave so you still have the upper hand.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the best deal is the 100% discount that some people have been offered, but if all you can get is 50% then is that a badly negotiated deal?

I was also on a VIP plan for a while, where all additional purchases (i.e. Sky Store) were half price or even less. Unfortunately, it wasn't permanent.

I didn't realise it was 30%, not 35%, but a fixed period gives peace of mind - and what's to say you can't still call up to renegotiate after 12 months? I mean, you'll be free to leave so you still have the upper hand.

50% is a good deal...anything over 50% is a great deal. 30% just seems a below than average deal, when 35% seems to be the lead in kind of deal. As for your last point may as well try and get at least a 50% deal for 12 months without been tied to 12 months contract and then you can renegotiate when inclined to do so.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thankfully I won't need to negotiate at all now, as I'm not planning to come back anytime soon.
  • dodgydodgydodgydodgy Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    Same experience for me as above.
    I've got the legacy variety bundle with HD Mix (i.e. F1 free)

Got offered 35% off for nine months which I refused.

Put the phone down, went to the Sky App, had a splash screen offering 50% off for twelve months, called and had it applied.

Took 20 minutes.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...as I'm not planning to come back anytime soon.

Really? I would never have guessed! :D;)
  • fortytwofortytwo Posts: 1,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodgydodgy wrote: »
    Same experience for me as above.
    I've got the legacy variety bundle with HD Mix (i.e. F1 free)

Got offered 35% off for nine months which I refused.

Put the phone down, went to the Sky App, had a splash screen offering 50% off for twelve months, called and had it applied.

Took 20 minutes.

Looks like I might not get any better than 35%. I haven't got a sky app - whatever that is - if they try to ring me they will have to leave a message because we have had a spate of cold callers and we now have to block unknown callers.

My Sky still shows the original offer and my emails are just plaintive requests to tell them why I'm leaving.

I assume with all the hullabaloo about having to speak to you by phone to confirm that you really want to leave has been finished?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fortytwo wrote: »
    Looks like I might not get any better than 35%. I haven't got a sky app - whatever that is - if they try to ring me they will have to leave a message because we have had a spate of cold callers and we now have to block unknown callers.

My Sky still shows the original offer and my emails are just plaintive requests to tell them why I'm leaving.

I assume with all the hullabaloo about having to speak to you by phone to confirm that you really want to leave has been finished?

Have you tried looking at Sky Interactive on your tv? the sky app is just the service app that you download to your phone.
  • ickabodickabod Posts: 506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The 5 year deal is actually 33% discount, brings full package including the Sports HD sub down to £55.08 though this £6 HD add on can be negotiated separately to get another £2.50 knocked off
  • fortytwofortytwo Posts: 1,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried looking at Sky Interactive on your tv? the sky app is just the service app that you download to your phone.

Thanks for your reply.

Does the interactive service come via the phone connection to the TV or does the TV have to be connected to the internet?

Sorry to be so useless about this but after setting the Sky box up many years ago I now don't have anything to do with it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fortytwo wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply.

Does the interactive service come via the phone connection to the TV or does the TV have to be connected to the internet?

Sorry to be so useless about this but after setting the Sky box up many years ago I now don't have anything to do with it.

Don't know if I'm honest with you, mine is connected via the WiFi...just try it on your tv and see if it works.