Options

Skyr - Weirdly filling!

biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
Forum Member
✭✭✭
You may have seen the advert on telly for the Icelandic yoghurt, Skyr. ( the one with the little boy delivering messages )
I tried this stuff when I was in Iceland 8 years ago. They're crazy about it there, it's like their staple diet.
Well, I bought some the other day and it's strangely filling for a yoghurt. I've just had a small bowlful with some blueberries and I feel like I'm not going to need to eat again till this evening.
I'm actually on the 5;2 diet so I wasn't planning to eat again till about 6pm anyway, and I really think this stuff could be my saviour.

Comments

• Options
    peacelovesandiepeacelovesandie Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    I've seen this in Tesco.... I couldn't understand how it is different to other yogurt or greek yogurt :confused:
  • Options
    biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's more like a cross between greek yoghurt and whipped cream ( though it hasn't got cream in it ).
    It's very thick with a fluffy texture. The honey one is particularly nice.
  • Options
    andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    I think they're high in protein but so expensive!
  • Options
    peacelovesandiepeacelovesandie Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Ok so I tried it today. bleeeeeuuuugh bleugh BLEEEEEUUUUUGGGHGHHHH.

I really did try hard to like it as well.
  • Options
    SherbetLemonSherbetLemon Posts: 4,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were half price in Tesco last week, so I tried some. It's the same strained yoghurt with fruit layer at the bottom that you get in Danio yoghurts, except you get more fruit with Danio. I liked them, but I prefer thicker yoghurts.
  • Options
    tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I buy the large pots of Skyr Natural and add sliced Banana, Scottish Strawberries or Blueberries to it. Lovely.

I haven't spotted a natural yoghurt with a lower sugar content which is good for type 2 diabetes.
  • Options
    Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    Thanks for your views folks - I had it in my hand in Tesco Friday - but put it back ( despite being on offer) and bought Lidl's fat free.
    Will definitely try it tho' - 👍😊