Options

Scart Interference - Not pin 19 though

Hi,

I have a daewoo digi box connected to scart socket one, and my dvd player connected to scart socket 2, but i get intereference in the form of a vertical flickering ghost bar scrolling from left to right. When i unplug my digi box it disappears. I have cut pin 19 in my dvd scart lead but this has not cured the problem. Any ideas how to solve this one?

Comments

• Options
    stuf83stuf83 Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Hi,

i have just noticed i only get the interference when i set my dvd to s-video. Is there a problem with my dvd player?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    i am assuming that you are talking about changing the output by moving the switch on the back of the player, if it is not connected via s-video then it should not be set to s-video
  • Options
    stuf83stuf83 Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    its connected via scarts, but my scart input 2 on my tv supports s-video. Any other suggestions?
  • Options
    GaryBGaryB Posts: 4,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This sounds like either:

1. Leakage from one SCART cable to the other, in which case, a better sceened SCART cable may help.

or

2. Poor input isolation within the TV. This may be a fault with your particular set or it could be poor design. Many (mainly cheaper) TV's don't isolate the unused inputs very well as I think they assume that whatever source you are not using will be switched off.
  • Options
    OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd try cutting pin 19 on the other scart coming from the digibox....

Could be some sort of loopthrough problem...

Pin19 out from the TV just isn't needed for everyday use so it won't be a problem. Just remember that the scart leads become one way only when you cut leads... so if they get uplugged and reversed, they'll not work.