TalkTalk buys Blinkbox

David WaineDavid Waine Posts: 3,396
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I know that this isn't exactly new news, since it happened a week or two back, but nobody seems to have mentioned it, so I thought I would. With Netflix now available and Blinkbox, presumably, soon to be integrated, where will this leave the TalkTalk Player? I can have a month of selecting whatever I want on Netflix, and in HD, for just 99p more than a single HD film on the TT Player. The same film on BB costs about £1.50 less.

As I see it, Blinkbox may well form the basis of an entirely new TalkTalk Player, which will be both cheaper and better than the current offering - or they will run it completely separately. What does anybody else think?

Comments

• marbles333marbles333 Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see it being merged with TT Box Office. Blinkbox is probably the better known brand. Would be good to have the streaming music as an application on YouView.
  • rcmaccrcmacc Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    marbles333 wrote: »
    I can see it being merged with TT Box Office. Blinkbox is probably the better known brand. Would be good to have the streaming music as an application on YouView.

I don't think the music side of blink box was bought by tt, I think they're only merging the tv and video bit???