Esperanto

2»

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MAW wrote: »
    I really have only one thing against Welsh being adopted instead of Esperanto. Spelling.

Spelling?
  • Options
    MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    How do the rest of us mere mortals ever learn to spell in Welsh!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MAW wrote: »
    How do the rest of us mere mortals ever learn to spell in Welsh!

I can honestly say that Welsh is a lot easier to spell than English. It's totally phonetic. You spell it how you say it. Easy!
    Also, there are no silent letters, or double meaning like in English.

I know that Welsh can look quite scary like fhiwhrfuehwrehw. But once you've leaned the alphabet, you're good to go!

Then, you've got yo get your head around how mental Welsh grammar is lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,512
    Forum Member
    I know that Welsh can look quite scary like fhiwhrfuehwrehw. But once you've leaned the alphabet, you're good to go!

This is a family forum... you can't go around posting offensive slang words for female naughty bits... even if you do disguise them by using a moribund language from a backwards part of England!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RiverChelt wrote: »
    This is a family forum... you can't go around posting offensive slang words for female naughty bits... even if you do disguise them by using a moribund language from a backwards part of England!

And if I really wanted to be offensive I could just say 'twll dy din y saes haerllug' ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,512
    Forum Member
    And if I really wanted to be offensive I could just say 'twll dy din y saes haerllug' ;)

:D:D:D Think I've worked it out!