Bruce & Lance - Yay or Nay?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Nay, I'm afraid. Not awful, but not good either.
  • SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    yay for Lance... definite nay for Bruce..

No pro dances and we have to put up with him singing...

This year's results shows just get a huge "rubbish" from me.
  • libby21libby21 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nay,thats why i reached for the mute button.
  • XassyXassy Posts: 9,365
    Forum Member
    Major cringefest! It really is time to say goodbye to Bruce. I was disappointed, I thought he would have gone to bed by the time the results show was recorded.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Bruce should have retired... time for Anton to take over with Erin on thr panel.
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    Bruce has had his day and someone close to him should have a word. I@m sure he's a nice guy, but that isn't the point.

He was brilliant in his day, not my cup of tea even way back, but doubtless a talented guy in terms of what was expected for variety show hosts back in the day.

His retirement is way overdue - he's just an embarrassment to himself and the show.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,998
    Forum Member
    Nay Nay Nay

Ola was the only good thing about that performance.
  • tvdtvd Posts: 1,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've stuck up for old Brucie before, but really he cant sing very well, he just seems to talk rather than sing?

And Lance wasnt really acknowledged by Tess or Bruce which I found a bit rude, considering he is much the better singer.
  • kay_beekay_bee Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    They should have just given the spot to the strictly singers. Let them have a bit of showcase time. Dreadful song choice too.
  • cazzbarcazzbar Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk NAY.
  • Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leave Brucie alone....
    I blame the idiots who sustain him in the illusion that he can sing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    andrewj123 wrote: »
    I thought it was good too, better than him just singing any old song and tap dancing :p Also glad to see them highlighting Lance, in my opinion an excellent singer

lance ellington won New Faces in the 70s as a double act with a girl singer, they were called coffee and creme
  • Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It made me smile.
  • Sam WeissSam Weiss Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    Olls~ wrote: »
    It made me smile.

Me too. It was better than the usual filler they've used on these shows, and the choice of Ola to play off Bruce and Lance was good.
  • Jackster31Jackster31 Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No:eek: that was gawd awful. Made me cringe even if I turned the sound off as soon as I heard the first few bars. Cheesy doesn't even begin to describe it. Not good, not good:sleep:

Love Lance's voice though. That band rocks!
  • alexandreealexandree Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No too sure to be honest, lance was great Bruce not so
  • TasiTasi Posts: 1,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lance on his own please. Next year can we have the singers on their own?

Does anyone else remember Lance's father Ray Ellington? A band leader way back when I was young?
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bruce is incredible for his age, what he did was the stuff of yesteryear-look at the special he did with Sammy Davis Jr to see him in his prime. I think we should allow what is just a few minutes a year to wallow a bit-even if it is a bit like your Grandad doing a turn -Bruce has earnt it. I thought it was the best results show of the series.

For all those who are not old enough to remember much-Bruce has been at the top of British entertainment since the late fifties-he is possibly the most watched person in tv history here.
  • peaches41peaches41 Posts: 5,652
    Forum Member
    bri-an wrote: »
    Bruce should have retired... time for Anton to take over with Erin on thr panel.

Agreed, but I would rather see Karen Hardy on the panel.
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Nay nay Nay...... I urned over to watch a bit of the results show while the adverts were on in X Factor..... and turned back to the adverts when I saw Bruce attempting to "sing"!
  • crazybabecrazybabe Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    Yay to both of em. A good swingy number - makes a change from some of the dirgy stuff we have had as guest singers. A bit of beat and good old fashioned entertainment.

Well done Brucie! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    I was quite looking forward to Bruce performing but this was dire. Bad choice of song and the poor girl dancing seemed a bit lost on her own, good as she was.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    Nay nay & thrice nay - absolutely bloomin' awful!!
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tasi wrote: »
    Lance on his own please. Next year can we have the singers on their own?

Does anyone else remember Lance's father Ray Ellington? A band leader way back when I was young?

Yes I mentioned this in post #13 on this thread, but to save you changing pages, here's what I posted.

Lance Ellington is the son of the late West Indian, Ray Ellington who led the Ray Ellington Quartet and were featured each week in "The Goon Show" on BBC radio in the fifties and sixties. His was a well respected jazz group of the time.

Bruce would have known Lance's father who was a far better singer than either of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ncxjt5CADzM
  • spider9spider9 Posts: 4,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind Brucie doing his turn every year and thought the idea of singing was Lance was good.

But the song was a bit strange - even with Ola dressed as Goldilocks. :confused:

Mind you if Robin, Brendan and Vincent had appeared as the 3 bears it would have livened it up! :D