Options

Car Crash radio Interview with Green Leader on LBC

1262728293032»

Comments

• Options
    AbewestAbewest Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is about creating a world where people are free to travel around the world as and when they are like, because all countries are places people want to live in, not just a few.

Like these people, you mean?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by koantemplation
    This homeless Romanian shouldn't be in the country. What job is he doing that is essential?

Quote:
    Are we supposed to be feeling sorry for these people?

Quote:
    Yay, an imported alcoholic, just what this country needs.

We have immigrant workers so the Government can pay less to the nurses, it is not the other way around.
    And yes I am for that

Of course you are. How could anyone possibly think otherwise?
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Abewest wrote: »
    Like these people, you mean?

Of course you are. How could anyone possibly think otherwise?

It's OK quoting me but at least show I am wrong when you do.

Are we supposed to feel sorry for Romanians who do nothing to make their own country better, yet come here and erode our pay and rights?

That's not the sort of immigration I want, nor do I want people abusing the freedom to travel from one country to another.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's OK quoting me but at least show I am wrong when you do.

I'm not saying you're wrong. You're entitled to your views. But what I am saying is that you are completely contradicting yourself.
    Are we supposed to feel sorry for Romanians who do nothing to make their own country better, yet come here and erode our pay and rights?

But what if these Romanians don't want to live in their own country? They're surely just exercising their right to travel freely about Europe as and when they like. And aren't you now championing those very freedoms of movement?
    That's not the sort of immigration I want, nor do I want people abusing the freedom to travel from one country to another.

But in your last post you just bigged up the greens for striving to create a world in which...
    people are free to travel around the world as and when they are like, because all countries are places people want to live in, not just a few.

You can't have it both ways. Or is what you've got in mind some kind of la-la Utopia where only the sort of immigrants that suit your criteria will be afforded these freedoms to travel around the world as and when they like, and live where they please?

That's certainly not what the Greens are saying. So how you can possibly think that you're in agreement with them over this issue.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not saying you're wrong. You're entitled to your views. But what I am saying is that you are completely contradicting yourself.

But what if these Romanians don't want to live in their own country? They're surely just exercising their right to travel freely about Europe as and when they like. And aren't you now championing those very freedoms of movement?

But in your last post you just bigged up the greens for striving to create a world in which...

You can't have it both ways. Or is what you've got in mind some kind of la-la Utopia where only the sort of immigrants that suit your criteria will be afforded these freedoms to travel around the world as and when they like, and live where they please?

That's certainly not what the Greens are saying. So how you can possibly think that you're in agreement with them over this issue.

That's just the thing, I can have it both ways.

It's only in your mind that people can't think one way in one situation and another way in another situation.

It does the immigrants, this country and the world no good if they leave their country and go to another country and make it worse, rather than making their own country better.

It also does this country no good to leave millions on the dole rather than help them to get proper jobs.

It funny that the number who are unemployed is almost exactly the same as the number of immigrants over the same time period.

So at the moment I am against people coming to this country to find work when we should first make sure that people living here have that work.

And also they should be trying to make their own country better rather than coming here.
  • Options
    LandisLandis Posts: 14,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    However.........I feel sure that Natalie Bennett is now feeling much better about being unable to explain how Housing Policy will be paid for.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM1bWhglT7I

https://vine.co/v/O0AuHrOUWjq

Murnahgan: "Are you sure you haven't got a cold??"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's just the thing, I can have it both ways.

It's only in your mind that people can't think one way in one situation and another way in another situation.

Whereas your mind doesn't seem to recall what you've said from one post to the next.

It doesn't make a blind bit of sense to claim that you're all for a certain immigration policy, then when seeing the similar effects of what could and probably would happen if that policy were implemented, go around sticking a metaphorical boot into those immigrants.

Well, I suppose it does make some sense - but only in your mind.

So the bottom line is as far as your own interpretation of the Green's philosophy/immigration policy is concerned, you're not 'for it', as you previously claimed, and you fundamentally disagree with them on this issue, although you reserve the right to say the exact opposite of this on internet forums whenever the mood takes you.

I take it that's what you meant by having it 'both ways'?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whereas your mind doesn't seem to recall what you've said from one post to the next.

It doesn't make a blind bit of sense to claim that you're all for a certain immigration policy, then when seeing the similar effects of what could and probably would happen if that policy were implemented, go around sticking a metaphorical boot into those immigrants.

Well, I suppose it does make some sense - but only in your mind.

So the bottom line is as far as your own interpretation of the Green's philosophy/immigration policy is concerned, you're not 'for it', as you previously claimed, and you fundamentally disagree with them on this issue, although you reserve the right to say the exact opposite of this on internet forums whenever the mood takes you.

I take it that's what you meant by having it 'both ways'?

Well I've just joined the Green Party (although I used to be a member 20 years ago anyway).

So I've put my money where my mouth is, so to speak.

And it is just your mind that can't seem to comprehend people having different opinions based on different situations.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And it is just your mind that can't seem to comprehend people having different opinions based on different situations.

But it's not different situations, is it? And it's your mind that doesn't seem to grasp this. What is it you don't seem to understand about that?

Again, and in your own words:
    It is about creating a world where people are free to travel around the world as and when they are like, because all countries are places people want to live in, not just a few.

So you say you're full square behind the Green philosophy of people being able to travel to and live in any country of their choosing. Certain people are already doing this, and you're moaning about them on an internet forum. In what reality does that make any sense?

So let's clarify. Again. When you say 'creating a world where people are free to travel around the world as and when they like, because all countries are places people want to live in, not just a few', presumably you mean just a certain type of person, or why would you be so dead set against a certain type who already do this?

So why don't you just say what you really mean?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    But it's not different situations, is it? And it's your mind that doesn't seem to grasp this. What is it you don't seem to understand about that?

Again, and in your own words:

So you say you're full square behind the Green philosophy of people being able to travel to and live in any country of their choosing. Certain people are already doing this, and you're moaning about them on an internet forum. In what reality does that make any sense?

So let's clarify. Again. When you say 'creating a world where people are free to travel around the world as and when they like, because all countries are places people want to live in, not just a few', presumably you mean just a certain type of person, or why would you be so dead set against a certain type who already do this?

So why don't you just say what you really mean?

Again it is just your mind that can't comprehend the two different situations.

Personally I am against economic migrants in the present system

But if a Green world was created there would be no need for economic migration, and I would have no problem with people choosing to migrate if they wanted to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Again it is just your mind that can't comprehend the two different situations.

Personally I am against economic migrants in the present system

But if a Green world was created there would be no need for economic migration, and I would have no problem with people choosing to migrate if they wanted to.

Then why did you quite clearly state that you were for the Party's immigration policy?

That's not their immigration policy. That's just pie in the sky, bonkers nonsense you're spouting now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Then why did you quite clearly state that you were for the Party's immigration policy?

That's not their immigration policy. That's just pie in the sky, bonkers nonsense you're spouting now.

Because I am for the Green's immigration policy. What don't you understand about that?

BTW Last episode of The Romanians are coming, tonight, so expect more anti immigration comments from me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because I am for the Green's immigration policy. What don't you understand about that?

No you're not. What you're for isn't the Green's immigration policy. What you're railing against and fundamentally opposed to - that's the Green's immigration policy, or it would be if they ever had the chance to implement it.

What don't you understand about that? Haven't you even read the content of the links you posted for others to read?

The only thing that's Green about you is your gills. I've said it before and I'll say it again. You're either having a laugh, or you're completely out your tree.
  • Options
    Clarisse76Clarisse76 Posts: 5,566
    Forum Member

BTW Last episode of The Romanians are coming, tonight, so expect more anti immigration comments from me.
    Will there be more sneering at benefits claimants as well, or is that show on another night?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No you're not. What you're for isn't the Green's immigration policy. What you're railing against and fundamentally opposed to - that's the Green's immigration policy, or it would be if they ever had the chance to implement it.

What don't you understand about that? Haven't you even read the content of the links you posted for others to read?

The only thing that's Green about you is your gills. I've said it before and I'll say it again. You're either having a laugh, or you're completely out your tree.

I am for Green immigration policy. That is all you need to know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am for Green immigration policy. That is all you need to know.

UKIP doesn't spell Green.

You sure you haven't just stumbled across this photo of Farage somewhere...

i.ytomimg.c/vi/M6QmH-7fu68/hqdefault.jpg

And now you're labouring under the illusion that he and his cronies are the Green party.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    UKIP doesn't spell Green.

You sure you haven't just stumbled across this photo of Farage somewhere...

i.ytomimg.c/vi/M6QmH-7fu68/hqdefault.jpg

And now you're labouring under the illusion that he and his cronies are the Green party.

If you were a robot would your logic circuits be having trouble understanding how someone can be against immigration one way and for it another way?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you were a robot would your logic circuits be having trouble understanding how someone can be against immigration one way and for it another way?

Project much? A bit of sidestepping too?

Keep repeating that. The mantra's doing the job. You actually believe that this is what this is about.

It's your own logic that's seriously failing. Forget that nonsense you keep repeating about being for immigration one way and against it in another way. It's just a total cop out, and you know it.

You keep repeating that you're for the Green immigration policy. But the evidence of your own posts says otherwise. The evidence shows that you're totally opposed to it as it currently stands.

Of course you keep wriggling out of this one by spouting that same old crap about being for it one way and against it another way, but the only way it appears you're for it, only exists in your own mind in some abstract distant future where there are no more economic migrants, and every country on the planet has evolved into a Utopian paradise that no one wants to leave. No one's going to need an immigration policy when that time comes to pass.

You're not for Green immigration policy as it currently stands. Not in any way, shape or form. So stop lying to yourself. Your views on immigration are more aligned to UKIP's policy. It's as simple as that, and all this guff and bluster about misunderstanding the logic doesn't change that one iota.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Project much? A bit of sidestepping too?

Keep repeating that. The mantra's doing the job. You actually believe that this is what this is about.

It's your own logic that's seriously failing. Forget that nonsense you keep repeating about being for immigration one way and against it in another way. It's just a total cop out, and you know it.

You keep repeating that you're for the Green immigration policy. But the evidence of your own posts says otherwfise. The evidence shows that you're totally opposed to it as it currently stands.

Of course you keep wriggling out of this one by spouting that same old crap about being for it one way and against it another way, but the only way it appears you're for it, only exists in your own mind in some abstract distant future where there are no more economic migrants, and every country on the planet has evolved into a Utopian paradise that no one wants to leave. No one's going to need an immigration policy when that time comes to pass.

You're not for Green immigration policy as it currently stands. Not in any way, shape or form. So stop lying to yourself. Your views on immigration are more aligned to UKIP's policy. It's as simple as that, and all this guff and bluster about misunderstanding the logic doesn't change that one iota.

Nope I still see your logic circuits starting to smoke.

For immigration one way + Against immigration another way = does not compute.