Real stories about stuff found in food?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
Forum Member
Every now and then theres rumours going around about resturants using certain unacceptable things in food. The latest one is a pet rehoming chip has been found by a woman tucking into her chinese meal in a local chinese resturant. I very much doubt that is true, but are there any real ones out there that you know off?

Comments

• swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found a false eyelash in my tuna panini once?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if this counts. My brother once ate a peach...well, half of it, before discovering that there were about five maggots at the core.
  • LoisLois Posts: 118,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    Not sure if this counts. My brother once ate a peach...well, half of it, before discovering that there were about five maggots at the core.

Ewww. Years ago my friend was tucking into a scotch egg from the local butchers, and I asked if it had cheese in it as it was a tad whiffy. She was sort of eating it with the bag wrapped round it, opened the bag and it was wriggling with maggots.

:yawn:
    /l\
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sixtynine wrote: »
    Ewww. Years ago my friend was tucking into a scotch egg from the local butchers, and I asked if it had cheese in it as it was a tad whiffy. She was sort of eating it with the bag wrapped round it, opened the bag and it was wriggling with maggots.

/l\

Maggots...*vomit face*
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    maurice45 wrote: »

And not a stone?
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

/l\
    :eek: Did she scream? :D

And yeah, the OP's one is an urban legend, and hopefully people know that or someone might be saying goodbye to their business. :o
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/8824697/Bizarre-urban-myth-ruining-business-at-Chinese-restaurant.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    I found a finger nail in my food a few years ago :eek:
  • DenonDaveDenonDave Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    I once found some beef in a burger. I was paid a substantial sum not to broadcast the fact. That visit really made my day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    :eek: Did she scream? :D

And yeah, the OP's one is an urban legend, and hopefully people know that or someone might be saying goodbye to their business. :o
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/8824697/Bizarre-urban-myth-ruining-business-at-Chinese-restaurant.html

She just threw it and ran to the park loos :eek: I'm sure the pigeons probably enjoyed it (and the maggots):D
  • spanglerokapispanglerokapi Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My daughter found a pube in a well known brand of yoghurt, hasn't touch that brand since!
  • TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I volunteered in a museum people sometimes brought in bugs found in food and stuff so they could try and claim something from the company. But if it's a British spider species found in a glass of Australian wine then they should probably start cleaning their wine glasses. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And not a stone?

They were crawling out of the stone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She just threw it and ran to the park loos :eek: I'm sure the pigeons probably enjoyed it (and the maggots):D
    :D What happened after that, did she mention it when she came back? I can imagine you not knowing whether to scream or LOL.
    My daughter found a pube in a well known brand of yoghurt, hasn't touch that brand since!
    Reminded me of a while ago when I'd just had my hair cut short, and went to a cafe afterwards. I was having a drink and found what I thought was a pube on the cup, and another one on the table, and I was about to complain to the staff, then I realised it was bits of my own hair that had been chopped! Lucky I didn't give the staff a bollocking. :o:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A pube? Eurgh!
  • John146John146 Posts: 12,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

/l\

There's is one worse thing than finding a maggot in your food, and that is finding half a maggot...:o I'll get my coat....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    John146 wrote: »
    There's is one worse thing than finding a maggot in your food, and that is finding half a maggot...:o I'll get my coat....

*groan* :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    :D What happened after that, did she mention it when she came back? I can imagine you not knowing whether to scream or LOL.

Lol I remember her saying not to tell anyone...:D

Well it was just too :eek: to keep to myself! :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol I remember her saying not to tell anyone...:D

Well it was just too :eek: to keep to myself! :o
    Why :D It wasn't her fault, unless she already knew that shop was manky and still went back there! :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why :D It wasn't her fault, unless she already knew that shop was manky and still went back there! :o

Think it was embarrassment. It was years ago and we were a lot younger then. Nowadays she'd have grounds to sue them I guess! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think it was embarrassment. It was years ago and we were a lot younger then. Nowadays she'd have grounds to sue them I guess! :D
    Didn't think you could sue if it didn't do you any actual damage, even nowadays? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what the law is, I guess it would be a case for the foods standard agency?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    My sister found a finger of a rubber glove in a pasty from a well known bakers!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    Fiona72 wrote: »
    My sister found a finger of a rubber glove in a pasty from a well known bakers!

Was it Greggs?:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Yes it was greggs!!!!
  • HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I once found a think layer of human skin (about the size of a 50p piece) in a chicken chow mien i brought from the local chinese takeaway. I rang to complain and they offered to bring me a another chow mien, lol.

That was a year ago and i haven't eaten a chinese since.