Do you like being young?

phantom sneezephantom sneeze Posts: 1,064
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm so deliciously scrummy I love being young and trendy, I fear getting old for some reason.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so deliciously scrummy I love being young and trendy, I fear getting old for some reason.

you should enjoy it, it won't last long lol
  • swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not really.

No one ever takes me seriously because they assume I iz young n dere4, stoopid.

I bet when I get grey hair they'll start worshipping me and call me Master. Muaha.
  • flower 2flower 2 Posts: 13,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Tis only when you get a bit older that you fear not getting old :)
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    It's okay. It's nice to have a full head of hair with no greys or wrinkles but it's not so great when people automatically think that being young = naive and therefore your opinion is not worth listening to.
  • phantom sneezephantom sneeze Posts: 1,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Youth is wasted on me I flaunt it every opportunity I get.
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    i don't wanna be an adult yet, you don't have to do work when you're a kid:cry:....
    i need more time to mature
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flower 2 wrote: »
    'Tis only when you get a bit older that you fear not getting old :)

absolutely
  • flower 2flower 2 Posts: 13,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Youth is wasted on me I flaunt it every opportunity I get.

:D you go for it, I did too :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    I'm not particularly enjoying my life at the moment but i'm not sure if me being young has anything to do with it. It's a shame because as someone has already said, youth doesn't last long. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    I do enjoy it some degree, but we've all got to make the most of it and accept that we all get old. When we are old ourselves and we envy the young, just remember that one day they'll be old too.

When I was out in town with my friends last week, I was told I was too old to be out and I should be in bed (I'm 21 - almost 22). Although, on a plus side, he did want to check my ID because he couldn't believe I was 21.
  • SoundboxSoundbox Posts: 6,247
    Forum Member
    They were not happy times for me as I never felt young or youthful having absoulutely no flexibility. Like my dumpy Nan even at 16 I could not do forward rolls or sport and never liked other young people who were agressive, unpleasant and unruly. They did not talk sense so I left them well alone to their posturing and hitting each other.
  • phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being young?

I remember that....just about!
  • JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought so at the time.

Now I realise, I was an idiot.
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't particularly enjoy being young, partly because I always felt that everyone was having more fun than me. In many ways, life gets easier as you get older.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    I'll have to amend the question to "Did" you - but yes absolutely.

Of course, being much much older, there are things I wish I'd had the cojones to explore - but all in all - being bright and fit and mentally alert with the energy of a small power-station has to be as good as it gets.

Sure everything is still black and white, love or hate - and the greys and the cynicism are yet to come - but the confidence and self-doubt of youth are the time to experience everything - and the time you learn a little about yourself as much as the thing you are experimenting with. So yes - loved youth.

Would I go back? Never in a million years - growth is ,lineal - without the pain and the angst, you might never learn. I'm all for enjoying whatever you are at the moment - and maybe making a mental note :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am 22, but look 15, that's a problem, I like being young, but don't like looking that young.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    I like being 35, I'm 36 in a month and I'll expect I'll like that.

I don't think I'll like being 40, as everyone suddenly expects you to take an interest in golf. :yawn:
  • AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,049
    Forum Member
    According to a study revealed by academics from the University of Kent to a meeting of the Economic and Social Research Council, held in London 2010:

* on average people [from the UK] perceive youth to end at 35 years and old age to begin at 59 years

* people’s perceptions of the end of youth and beginning of old age depend partly on their own age and gender

* younger people, those aged 15 to 24, thought youth ended at just 28 and old age began at 54

* people in their eighties regarded the final year of youth as 42, and the onset of old age as 67

* women perceive the end of youth and onset of old age to be 3 years later than men

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/7458147/Middle-age-begins-at-35-and-ends-at-58.html
  • phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    (I got laid a LOT more as I got older, so no I didn't like being young!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member

I imagine that your post is tongue in cheek ?

Either way, measuring your life by zipless encounters tends to suggest that you're still young - and still learning - all power to you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well I hope that happens to me, Girls don't take me seriously saying go back to school or asking me if im 12.:mad::rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I'm 21 but have been mistaken for everything from 16 to 30. I don't want to get older, when I reach 26, I'm going to stay that age.
  • len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I remember the shock of leaving school and not having a six week summer holiday to look forward to for the rest of my life , still reeling at that and i'm now in my fifties .
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess being young has its advantages, you have your whole life ahead of you with opportunity. Being young sucks because you're told you have to independant yet you still have that child side of you still. You're still unsure of yourself and what direction to go in and you probably don't have that much money yet.
  • Black VelvetBlack Velvet Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a true saying though. At least imo. "Youth is wasted on the young." It's only when you get a lot older that you wish you could go back to your youth with what you have learned along life's pathways and with that knowledge do things better. But unfortunately you can't. So make the most of being young while you can.