Options

Corrie - Does anybody else hate Beth?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,075
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I really can't stand her character, she is just a common loud-mouthed thick chav - I hate her son and her boyfriend Birk too.

What even is the point of having them in the show? :yawn:

Comments

• Options
    dashyork42dashyork42 Posts: 1,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, when I first saw her I would have agreed with you, but when she returned she didn't (and still doesn't) seem that bad. She's not "horrible" is she? There are other characters that I dislike much more i'm afraid...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dashyork42 wrote: »
    To be honest, when I first saw her I would have agreed with you, but when she returned she didn't (and still doesn't) seem that bad. She's not "horrible" is she? There are other characters that I dislike much more i'm afraid...

Which other characters do you dislike? :)
  • Options
    dashyork42dashyork42 Posts: 1,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the moment I cannot abide the Windasses, or Owen ( I like the actor mind). The whole family are dislikeable (i'll give Katy the benefit of the doubt), and having watched Corrie for 40 years I can't remember disliking a whole family! Not keen on Rob or Tracy either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the moment I cannot abide the Windasses, or Owen ( I like the actor mind). The whole family are dislikeable (i'll give Katy the benefit of the doubt), and having watched Corrie for 40 years I can't remember disliking a whole family! Not keen on Rob or Tracy either.

I hate them too - I think Anna and Owen are the worst on the show. Anna is rude and gobby, Owen is a bully. I hope they axe them soon, and send that brat Faye with them too! I too don't mind Katy though - She seems to have some class unlike Anna and the others.
  • Options
    ursula321ursula321 Posts: 1,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand the way she has her hair in daft 2 year old hair styles! Apart from that I can tolerate her, she's not in it that much.
  • Options
    KaylaLKaylaL Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Beth...she seems more normal than most on the show!
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's notCilla
  • Options
    Redhead69Redhead69 Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She maybe all those things but her heart is in the right place. I quite like her.
  • Options
    Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ursula321 wrote: »
    I can't stand the way she has her hair in daft 2 year old hair styles! Apart from that I can tolerate her, she's not in it that much.

Her hair is terrible. I bet the actress doesn't like the silly, childish styles. Mind you she'll be paid enough to make it worth it. As a character I don't mind her. She plays a good mother character. The actress is ok. I don't want her axed.
  • Options
    kazi1976kazi1976 Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    I don't mind Beth. I thought she was gonna be Cilla Battersby mk 2 at first but she's much nicer than Cilla and actually loves and cares for her son which Cilla didn't. A lot of women like Beth exist in real life so why not reflect that in Corrie.
  • Options
    fayemianfayemian Posts: 3,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like Beth too. I liked the scenes where Tracy and her were forced to live together, and then kind of grudgingly became friends. Better than her and Kirkeh and Craig all being crammed in Maria's tardis flat :rolleyes:

I think I'd live if her drip of a niece was written out though
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beth is great, probably my favourite Corrie character nowadays! She's really funny and has a heart of gold, she's a lot more likable and believable than a lot of characters they have at the minute.

Such a shame that Sinead is so awful though, she was fabulous in Waterloo Road. I think the character being written awfully tbh.
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member

Ive got to say i agree with you.
    I like Beth, i like her relationship with craig and i like craig.
    I have never been a kirk fan but i do like him paired with beth.
  • Options
    *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,152
    Forum Member
    I didn't like her at first but, now I love her relationship with Kirk, it really does seem like a natural (and believable) relationship. I also believe that despite her brash ways she really is a good mother. In short, I'd rather see Fiz gone (and a few others) before Beth.
  • Options
    warleywitchwarleywitch Posts: 2,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beth has traits which are likeable. She loves that Craig of hers and she's down to earth. I've got some sympathy for her character, whereas others in CS I've got no sympathy for at all. eg the Windasses. They don't seem to have a likeable bone in their bodies these days.
    Eileen went down the dip when she was with Tiny ...I hope she improves now.
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I could have sworn she was wearing one of Becky's jackets the other day :confused:
  • Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I like Beth. I find her funny.
  • Options
    RiverMRiverM Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she's well pointless, she was just thrown into the mix after janice left for another 'gob-on-a-stick' at the factory
  • Options
    MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    Nope, I believe the three Tinkers and Kirky have build a very special bond. I want to see the four of them on my screens more often.. adding Marcus and Maria into the mix more would also be refreshing as sometimes I forget Maria and Kirk are brother and sister as they never appear on screen together.
  • Options
    fayemianfayemian Posts: 3,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrWoodySir wrote: »
    Nope, I believe the three Tinkers and Kirky have build a very special bond.

Beth and Craig with Kirkeh, maybe. Can't remember last time I saw Sinead do anything but sit in Chesney's living room wearing frumpy clothes, or glower at Kay'eh in the cafe while wearing frumpy clothes...
  • Options
    RiverMRiverM Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fayemian wrote: »
    Beth and Craig with Kirkeh, maybe. Can't remember last time I saw Sinead do anything but sit in Chesney's living room wearing frumpy clothes, or glower at Kay'eh in the cafe while wearing frumpy clothes...[/QUOTE]

she's definitely a frump that one
  • Options
    AuntieSoapAuntieSoap Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think she has potential to be one of the greats!
  • Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For some reason the character of Beth makes me think of a rabbit. Not sure why.
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind her. She's rough around the edges but she's not a bad person at heart. The setup with her, Craig and Kirk works well too. It finally justifies Kirk's existence in the show.
  • Options
    revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beth's great, like a less abrasive Cilla